Sephora Glass Nail File

Glass Nail File

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have this in purple. I have another glass file that is about two years old and cheaper. This works much better than that one did even new. I actually feel like it's filing my nails and I can see the results. My older file didn't seem able to even clear out jags from my nail edges no matter and actually made them snag more. No more snags with the Sephora one. It's a little pricey but worth the investment to me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I passionately hate this file. It ruined my nails.

Pros:
- easy to wash, desinfect

Cons:
- no presicion whatsoever because this file is simply way too thick to do the job properly, it's about 3-3.5mm thick!
- it very difficult to file nail sides, the parts that are closest to the skin
- it's impossible to file all nail in one direction.This file gives very unpleasant sensation ones it arrives past the first half of the nail
- because I have to go back and forth with it or at least file nails half by half in different directions all my nails are now splitting! All!!! Counting 10 fingers and majority of toenails!

I hate it. I gave it two stars only because in my teens I've already tried something worse.
Don't buy this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Excellent equipment too to take care of your nails. Love how compact it is (even in its plastic packaging) and how well it does its job - no hard edges, no snags, nice, even, neat edges of my nails. I must admit I prefer Sephora's neon pink/black traditional spongy paper nail files (the ones that come in a duo packaging) but this one comes close second.

I have not even ventured into any other brand making glass nail files. I had my one for at least 6 years, but I do not travel with it and it stays safely in my bedside drawer to avoid accidental smashing. Excellent even though initially can be expensive but if you are environmentally aware - it will reward your restrain 100 times over.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had bought the OPI crystal/glass nail file about a year or so ago, and was very disappointed in that. The OPI one for me felt like it did nothing. So a friend suggested the Sephora crystal nail file and while I do not have a Sephora near me (over an hour away), I always would forget to look at it the very rare times I was there or would always forget to add it to my online order. Anyway..pleasantly surprised by this, and I will say it does a far better job than the OPI one did for me. The Sephora one has a 'grittiness' feel to it, so I know it is actually 'doing something,' whereas the OPI one felt like I was just using a piece of smooth glass. I also prefer the case that the Sephora one comes in; the OPI one is very flimsy and the cap on the OPI one always popped off for me, even the very first day.

Having said all that, and while this Sephora one does get my uneven nails evened out nicely, and it is nice to have (personally I would not carry this in my purse, so, for me, it is pretty impractical, and yes, even with the case, I still would not carry it in my purse, I am a beast with my purses sometimes!..lol), but I doubt I would repurchase, in fact, no, I would not. I will stick with my throw-away cheapie Revlon ones. So, to me, this crystal nail file is a nice little luxury kind of thing (yes even at it's inexpensive price point), and yes it does get the nails smooth, not jagged (time will tell when I have a "real problem nail" to file, will update then), but with the very mild-chip nails I have smoothed this out with, I can't say for sure how well it works, as the "jobs" so far I have given it have been really "easy".

So..a nice product, does what it says, but to me, a little frivolous. Yes, as a woman with oodles of lipsticks, perfumes, nail polishes etc., I just find this very frivolous and for me, pretty impractical. To each their own. This is indeed a nice nail file, and if you are looking for a crystal nail file, this is a very nice one, imho. I don't regret purchasing this, but it is not something I will repurchase nor shout to people that they "need". As always, YMMV. This is just not a very practical item for me....And to that extent, I did not lower my rating because of that, that is just personal opinion/experience that I wanted to share about this product.

on 9/26/2016 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

YES THIS FILE. Much love.

I've been trying to grow out my nails without much success because I always use nail clippers and accidentally cut more than I intend to... so when one nail is shorter than the rest I need to shorten the others because I can't stand having uneven nails and it becomes a never ending circle of sadness :(

But then this beauty came into my life and I am absolutely OBSESSED. It's so easy to use and efficient, and I can control exactly how much of my nails I'm working on and shape them without worrying about cutting too much off. I've used conventional (not glass) nail files before and didn't think that glass files would be much different, but BOY was I wrong. Definitely a great purchase!

on 8/13/2016 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

OK...the only time in my life I had decent nails was while pregnant. (And no, it wasn't the prenatal vitamins, I've take boatloads of those over the years.) To complicate matters, I cannot use nail polish on my fingernails...yes, even three- or five-free...toes are OK, it's my eyes that are sensitive, and I don't get my toes up by my eyes. :-)

So I've battled very peely nails that snag on everything in sight; filing with anything just seemed to make it worse! (When I tried a popular Japanese nail buffing kit years ago, it took over a year to fix the damage; my nails wouldn't get beyond the tips of my fingers, they were so thin.) And clipping usually left my nail tips so sharp they were weapons! When I saw the reviews here, at first I thought, Eh, I've tried fancy files from Sally's before, not much different than usual. But recently I needed a couple of cheaper items for a Sephora order to get free shipping, and remembered I wanted to try this (it's never in stock at my store). So I've had it about 10 days now...revolutionary. Really. My nail tips are smooth, they've been growing out, have had to touch up TWICE (on ONE nail each time) since the initial filing. Just wow. Am keeping in case when not in use, trying NOT to break it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If i could only have one glass file for the rest of my life, it would be this. Great product overall. Very effective and is very easy to chizzel your nails into the perfect shape. Les pressure contributes to a better end result.

Amazing. Took me over a year to wear this puppy out and I use a nail file every day to touch up.

Doesn't ever snag or catch and can still munch through nail really quickly if you're trying to shorten your nails significantly depending on how much pressure you use.

Good stuff.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

An amazing filer! Even though I saw at my nails, this never made my nails tear or crumble. You could really do a single swipe to tidy up your nails.

I will not repurchase this filer because it is glass. I dropped it on my tile-floor and it broke into over a dozen pieces. With cats and being clumsy, I cannot buy again.

Although it is $10, I feel that is is worth it. Easy to clean and easy to use.

Just DON'T drop it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love these! I have one in my purse, one in my kitchen, one in my bed table and one in my car. It does a great job smoothing my nails, and I have noticed far less peeling of my nails since I ditched the emory boards.

Top Rated Nail Tools