Sephora Glass Nail File

Sephora  Glass Nail File
Glass Nail File

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had bought the OPI crystal/glass nail file about a year or so ago, and was very disappointed in that. The OPI one for me felt like it did nothing. So a friend suggested the Sephora crystal nail file and while I do not have a Sephora near me (over an hour away), I always would forget to look at it the very rare times I was there or would always forget to add it to my online order. Anyway..pleasantly surprised by this, and I will say it does a far better job than the OPI one did for me. The Sephora one has a 'grittiness' feel to it, so I know it is actually 'doing something,' whereas the OPI one felt like I was just using a piece of smooth glass. I also prefer the case that the Sephora one comes in; the OPI one is very flimsy and the cap on the OPI one always popped off for me, even the very first day.

Having said all that, and while this Sephora one does get my uneven nails evened out nicely, and it is nice to have (personally I would not carry this in my purse, so, for me, it is pretty impractical, and yes, even with the case, I still would not carry it in my purse, I am a beast with my purses sometimes!, but I doubt I would repurchase, in fact, no, I would not. I will stick with my throw-away cheapie Revlon ones. So, to me, this crystal nail file is a nice little luxury kind of thing (yes even at it's inexpensive price point), and yes it does get the nails smooth, not jagged (time will tell when I have a "real problem nail" to file, will update then), but with the very mild-chip nails I have smoothed this out with, I can't say for sure how well it works, as the "jobs" so far I have given it have been really "easy".

So..a nice product, does what it says, but to me, a little frivolous. Yes, as a woman with oodles of lipsticks, perfumes, nail polishes etc., I just find this very frivolous and for me, pretty impractical. To each their own. This is indeed a nice nail file, and if you are looking for a crystal nail file, this is a very nice one, imho. I don't regret purchasing this, but it is not something I will repurchase nor shout to people that they "need". As always, YMMV. This is just not a very practical item for me....And to that extent, I did not lower my rating because of that, that is just personal opinion/experience that I wanted to share about this product.

on 9/26/2016 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

YES THIS FILE. Much love.

I've been trying to grow out my nails without much success because I always use nail clippers and accidentally cut more than I intend to... so when one nail is shorter than the rest I need to shorten the others because I can't stand having uneven nails and it becomes a never ending circle of sadness :(

But then this beauty came into my life and I am absolutely OBSESSED. It's so easy to use and efficient, and I can control exactly how much of my nails I'm working on and shape them without worrying about cutting too much off. I've used conventional (not glass) nail files before and didn't think that glass files would be much different, but BOY was I wrong. Definitely a great purchase!

To Read all 70 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/13/2016 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

OK...the only time in my life I had decent nails was while pregnant. (And no, it wasn't the prenatal vitamins, I've take boatloads of those over the years.) To complicate matters, I cannot use nail polish on my fingernails...yes, even three- or five-free...toes are OK, it's my eyes that are sensitive, and I don't get my toes up by my eyes. :-)

So I've battled very peely nails that snag on everything in sight; filing with anything just seemed to make it worse! (When I tried a popular Japanese nail buffing kit years ago, it took over a year to fix the damage; my nails wouldn't get beyond the tips of my fingers, they were so thin.) And clipping usually left my nail tips so sharp they were weapons! When I saw the reviews here, at first I thought, Eh, I've tried fancy files from Sally's before, not much different than usual. But recently I needed a couple of cheaper items for a Sephora order to get free shipping, and remembered I wanted to try this (it's never in stock at my store). So I've had it about 10 days now...revolutionary. Really. My nail tips are smooth, they've been growing out, have had to touch up TWICE (on ONE nail each time) since the initial filing. Just wow. Am keeping in case when not in use, trying NOT to break it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If i could only have one glass file for the rest of my life, it would be this. Great product overall. Very effective and is very easy to chizzel your nails into the perfect shape. Les pressure contributes to a better end result.

Amazing. Took me over a year to wear this puppy out and I use a nail file every day to touch up.

Doesn't ever snag or catch and can still munch through nail really quickly if you're trying to shorten your nails significantly depending on how much pressure you use.

Good stuff.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

An amazing filer! Even though I saw at my nails, this never made my nails tear or crumble. You could really do a single swipe to tidy up your nails.

I will not repurchase this filer because it is glass. I dropped it on my tile-floor and it broke into over a dozen pieces. With cats and being clumsy, I cannot buy again.

Although it is $10, I feel that is is worth it. Easy to clean and easy to use.

Just DON'T drop it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love these! I have one in my purse, one in my kitchen, one in my bed table and one in my car. It does a great job smoothing my nails, and I have noticed far less peeling of my nails since I ditched the emory boards.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Way better and smoother than emery boards, lasts longer too. Can't believe how long it took me to find out about these!

on 5/3/2015 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

You'll like this, especially if your nails are prone to breakage and splitting at the ends when filing. This tool also files much faster than an emery board. In fact, I liked it so much I bought the small version for my travel kit. Not sure how long they last, but they're not too expensive and the nice case they come with ensures they won't wear down before their time. Only cons: The tip isn't really point enough to be particularly useful, and I wish the "active" part of the file was a little larger, but it's not a big deal.

Keep in mind, these are only useful for filing your actual nail. I still keep emery boards on hand for roughing up shellac top coats prior to removal with an acetone soak.

on 2/14/2015 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's a good file that really smooths the edges of my nail.The case is cheap plastic but I have yet to break it,it's a good file for a decent price considering it won't wear down so quickly