no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

a year ago

Very pretty island white floral but way too much indole for me. Starts as liquid Hawaii and then gets indolic, which ruins it. Oh, well, there are plenty of other people who adore indole, so you can have your Hawaii in a bottle with Nani!

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

EyesBrown

10 years ago

Pikake has been done before, but I will give Saffron James credit for doing it *right*. Too many pikake fragrances take you to syrupy sweetness (ahem, Child), Nani is a velvety smooth, warm, lush pikake. While not my favorite of the Saffron James line, this is a truly beautiful pikake scent and definitely worth the cost if you're a fan of this flower.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

from

11 years ago

This is a beautiful fragrance. I have a small 1mL sample and on first sniff from the vial I thought it was gorgeous. However, I'm new to fragrances and wasn't familiar with the smell of jasmine at the time I received this sample. So when I first applied nani I was put off by the slightly stinky scent that jasmine can have. As a result of that first experience, I shelved the vial until I became bored with other fragrances I own. I tried the fragrance again on a hot summer day and I was so surprised by how gorgeous it turned out to be when I actually gave it a real chance. For some reason, it doesn't smell the same when I sniff close to my skin, but I feel like it radiates outward and becomes more and more beautiful as it mingles with the air. I don't know anything about the composition of perfumes, but I think this one is really well made. It smells perfect to me - I feel beautiful when I wear it - and I'm going to buy it once I have the cash. **Edit: I wrote this review about a month ago and I can say that I'm still in love with this fragrance - even more so than before. It's now my favourite and I'm buying a bottle as soon as possible. Amazing!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

from

11 years ago

Nani is the most mesmerizing, sublime pikake (Arabian Jasmine) perfume I've ever encountered. (On me, SL A La Nuit pales in comparison.) Nani is also one of the loveliest fragrances I've ever owned. Nani launched at Apothia here in Los Angeles last Saturday. I caught its scent in the air and I knew I couldn't leave without buying a bottle. The other Saffron James fragrances are $85.00, but Nani is $110.00 (1 oz.), so I think it's considered the most special of the line. Nani is a humid, green, and resplendent floral that smells strikingly like the jasmine in my backyard at dusk, yet it transports me with dazzling scent memories of Hawaii. Like all the Saffron James fragrances, Nani comes in a thick, clear glass bottle, with a wooden cap, housed a square, satin-lined box that looks like a book. When you open the "book", the story of the fragrance is printed on the inside, facing the cushioned bottle. The Nani bottle is decorated with a beautiful gold peacock. This intoxicating fragrance has notes of sweet pikake, pink plumeria, mimosa, lily, and ylang ylang. I am entranced with this fragrance, night and day! The lasting power is excellent, and every time I get a whiff of this beauty I feel a rush of happiness.

About reviewer (825 reviews)

Age36-43