lavera Sunless Tan

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
lavera Sunless Tan
Sunless Tan

3.7

certified organic Water Soybean Oil* (<------ moderately comedogenic) Grain Alcohol* Glycerin Dihydroxyaceton (DHA) Caprylic Triglyceride Glyceryl Stearate Citrate Myristyl Alcohol Erythrulose Sunflower Seed Oil* (<------ mildly comedogenic) Jojoba Oil* (<------ noncomedogenic) Aloe Vera Leaf* Vitamin E Xanthan Gum Rose Flower Water* Lavender Flower Water* Camilla Leaf Extract Vitamin E Vitamin C **

on 7/10/2016 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this self tanner. It's natural, buildable, vegan and the colour isn't orange at all, but a natural bronze. I have lighter skin and this works a treat for me, but I usually need a couple of layers before the colour difference is noticable. It washes off easy too so you'll never be left with an uneven, patchy tan. I'm not overly keen on the scent and I might try out a couple of other tanners when I eventually get to the end of this one, but I would happily repurchase if I couldn't find anything better.

on 6/3/2010 3:35:00 PM

Ok for some reason Target is now discontinuing this line and it is all on clearance. I got this for 11.99 which is the only reason I bought it and the good reviews on MUA. Well it doesn't smell bad but it gave me a yellow tint! I seem to have that problem with a lot of self tanners. Anyway back to Target it goes.

on 10/17/2008 6:45:00 PM

I believe Lavera Sunless Tan and also Mychelle Del Sol just may be the two most pure and natural self-tanners on the market. In a nutshell: these contain the tanning agent DHA (dihydroxyaceton which is actually naturally-derived) in a float of essential oils and natural ingredient. No chemicals. There is nothing like this at the drugstore, trust me. Lavera sells a Faces version which is similar to the Sunless Tan for body but intended for every-other-day use and contains less pigment. I prefer not using self-tanner altogether because of comedogenicity concerns, but when I do, Lavera is what I am using.

approx. $27.50 for 5 oz

Ingredients:
* = certified organic
Water
Soybean Oil* (<------ moderately comedogenic)
Grain Alcohol*
Glycerin
Dihydroxyaceton (DHA)
Caprylic Triglyceride
Glyceryl Stearate Citrate
Myristyl Alcohol
Erythrulose
Sunflower Seed Oil* (<------ mildly comedogenic)
Jojoba Oil* (<------ noncomedogenic)
Aloe Vera Leaf*
Vitamin E
Xanthan Gum
Rose Flower Water*
Lavender Flower Water*
Camilla Leaf Extract
Vitamin E
Vitamin C

**I reserve a 5-lippie rating for products that shine above the rest in terms of efficacy, and based on toxicity and comedogenicity. I have a strong interest in consumer health and setting higher standards for the beauty industry. I extensively research products developed with consumer health in mind. This is my personal quest to find the best-quality products. We shouldn't have to choose between beauty and health.**