4.3

price range

Reviews

1.0

2 years ago

This is a very strongly scented tart, synthetic orange smell with a hint of white pepper. The smell will linger all day and embed itself into your clothing. I could not wait to get home and shower and change my clothing to get this funk off of me. As a moisturizer, it applies very greasy and takes awhile to absorb into skin. Just an average moisturizer with a horrid fragrance.

About reviewer (3102 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

from

3 years ago

This is just the perfect lotion! I have really dry, sensitive and itchy skin. The lotions for my skin type are usually really heavy, oily, barely absorb and actually cause my skin to itch more. Not this one! I tried it at a hotel and just fell in love with it. This body butter absorbs really fast, yet is somehow so rich that it really makes my skin feel softer and calmer. The blood orange smell is also really good - not a light smell, but it is really fresh and nice. This is pretty pricey, but I think it's totally worth it. Just the best body butter I've ever tried.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

EyesGreen

4 years ago

My bf recently revealed to me that he goes through my lotions and potions and sniffs them to see which ones he likes. (He's a weirdo...what can I say?) anyway, he adores this. In fact, I do too. I like the way it looks next to my sink, I like the way it feels, and most of all, I like that my boo wants to jump my bones when I wear it. Like I said, what can I say? It's good stuff.

About reviewer (272 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBrown

3.0

4 years ago

This stuff is very moisturizing. It absorbs well and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. I also love the scent. The orange smell is more dominant and I would never be able to guess it was pepper unless it was right on the packaging. I do notice the scent fades quickly. All in all I really like this stuff and would buy again IF it didn't cost so much :(

About reviewer (1039 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

1.0

5 years ago

Whyyyyyyy doesn't this work for me?! I am in love with the scent of this cream! So much so that when I apply it to my skin I wear no additional perfume so that it doesn't have any competition. Fresh citrus with a little spice, light and not heavy and would be great to wear during all seasons IMO. Sadly very sadly this does absolutely NOTHING for my skin in the moisturization department! This sinks in almost immediately and then within minutes it is GONE! Like it just evaporated into my skin and disappeared! If I keep adding more it does the same. Not only that it dries my skin out horribly! I wake up in the morning and my skin is extremely dry and rough and looks very aged. I remember getting a sample of this in like '06 and it was really nice! It had some good oils in it that would keep my skin hydrated and soft. This new, and I think Bliss has done something to this body butter line, version is not at all like that. I don't think I've ever used a body butter that just vanished into my skin so quickly and AGED it so fast! It's actually kinda scary! I still apply this to my arms from time to time because I adore the smell of it but I do this only occasionally and with caution. I noticed when reading reviews of the Blood Orange and the Lemon + Sage body butters that the reviews started changing over time when it came to the performance and feel of the product. Bliss might do well to go back to whatever they were doing 7 or 8 years ago cause this new stuff ain't cutting it. Will not buy this again. Ever.

About reviewer (648 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Straight, Fine

3.0

6 years ago

I bought this tube of hand cream because of the pretty packaging and promise of blood orange and white pepper fragrance. I thought for certain there would be a concentrated scent to go along with the moisturizing benefits, and it is VERY moisturizing, but there wasn't. What I was left with is basically a chemical smelling light citrus scent that I kept hoping would brighten up as I rubbed it in. Very disappointing.

About reviewer (117 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Neutral

HairBrown, Relaxed, Coarse

EyesBrown

6 years ago

All of Bliss' body butters are great moisturizers. I have used three tubes of differing scents so far, and I have no complaints. The texture is excellent, the cream soaks in very well with no oiliness, and skin feels soft and well cared for afterwards. To be honest, my favourite use of this body butter is as a hand cream. My hands feel soft, not dry at all, and there's no greasy residue let afterwards. The blood orange and white scent was just fabulous- a tangy citrus (like real blood orange), with a soft hint of pepper. Nothing overwhelming or clashing with my daily fragrance. If the price was a little lower I would certainly repurchase over and over again.

About reviewer (506 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

6 years ago

How I love this. Not too heavy, not too light, beautifully creamy, really hydrates, and has that lovely, light, true blood orange scent accented with a hint of white pepper. Very unique and delightful. I don't know why it took me so long to try this, but I'm glad I did! I can imagine being able to use this all year long--the scent and the texture are both appropriate. I will repurchase.

About reviewer (1192 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

8 years ago

Alongside the Body Shop body butters, this has the best texture of any paraben free cream I have tried. It's thick and moisturising but it also sinks in quickly without too much greasiness. I like the smell because there is just enough black pepper to stop it smelling like a freshly peeled orange (though I would prefer even more pepper). It's a slightly more sophisticated smell than the various Body Shop options (except for Olive).

About reviewer (167 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

8 years ago

i've been using bliss for over 4 years now. i love the brand, but it's so expensive that i only use it when i need an indulgent pick-me-up. this scent is nothing less than amazing. i literally smell like candy all day. the lotion is pretty dense, so it works really well on knees and elbows. i'm a sucker for pretty packaging, and even just looking and dispensing this product feels luxurious. great product!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24