MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

4.1

Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palminate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Yeast Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Minerals

on 10/6/2017 6:37:00 AM

I'm not much of a highlighter fan, to be honest. Soft & Gentle is one of the few highlighters that doesn't seem like a bronzer on my NW15 skin and isn't too light to show up. It provides a perfect lit-from-within glow when applied.

I never considered this until I mentioned to a MAC MUA that I loved her eye makeup. She said that she was wearing Soft & Gentle as an e/s--which immediately made me interested in trying it myself. Not only does it perform well as a highlighter, but it does work well as an eyeshadow for a natural minimal e/s look.

This is shimmery but more glow-y than glittery. It is subtle, but does give that extra "something" that makes me glow--it's fine for work or date night. Love this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful pale pink highlight ( very minimal pink if you are skeptics) and is a little glittery although or higher end price believe it is more affordable than becca. I use this highlight every day and you can achieve either a blinding glow or a natural sheen. There is a little fall out but the product is still good. You get a lot of product and the packaging is of good quality. You can see the product through a little clear circle

Pros:
Beautiful glow (my absolute fave)
Pricy but not as others
Not chalky but isn't buttery
Sleek packaging
Lots of product but still is small enough to fit in a makeup bag
Versatile covers a range of skin tones

Cons:
Slight fallout
No mirror
Price can be an issue for others looking to not spend loads
Packaging is durable but the plastic window of mine fell out ( it was easy to fix but was a little annoying)

Conclusion: overall I believe you should buy this product! The highlight and packaging is beautiful. I definitely would rebuy but be open to cheaper dupes although cheaper than becca's moonstone.

on 6/12/2017 1:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Ive heard about this so much and tried to ignore everyones love for this highlight. I never thought id buy it because it is a really hyped up product on youtube and all, and i have enough highlighters that I was trying to resist. But i swatched my collection and i dont have anything like it. Its super beautiful on the skin, some people said it would be too dark for fair skin but it looks perfect (im nc20ish maybe a bit lighter) the glow is beautiful. It can be built up to a really intense glow or just lightly tap your brush for a subtle glow. It looks like a dry baked formula so i thought it would be dry to the touch but its actually creamy and soft. Some complain about it being glittery and I can see some fine specks of glitters when I look REALLY close in the mirror but from a normal distance theres no glitter at all. Even if some glitter was visible i dont mind cause i love glitter anyways lol. Also there is alot of product in this, theres 10g. The packaging can be kinda hard to open but i figured out now that since its just a magnetic closure i grip the bottom with one hand and pull up the top part (not too much force where youd accidently damage it but u have to pull a bit) Anyways i did get this for a bit cheaper cause of a friends discount who works at hudsons bay.. The original price of $38 canadian is pretty steep. I think it still is worth the price.. count your pennies and splurge because it is worth it:)) im very happy with this and its super pretty:)
P.s elfs blush gems highlighter is said to be a dupe but i have it and i disagree. Its darker and not as soft, and has to be built up for a sheen. The more you build it up the more dark it gets and on my skin theres a dark strip on my cheekbones so i have to be light with it. Its not a dupe for soft n gentle:(

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When the highlight trend first came out, one of the most popular products was Mac's Soft 'n Gentle and seeing how many YTers at the time (in the 2010s) used this to highlight their cheek bones and wherever they find an attraction, I convinced myself to get it.

In the store, it looked so glittery and shiny. I tested it out and went out around the mall. Wherever there was a mirror, I'd look at myself and like what I saw on my face. So I bought it. Used it occasionally.

Fast forward a year and the plastic lid popped open and opens quite a lot from time to time if I put it in my makeup bag. I use a fan brush from ULTA and spray the mac fix plus spray to amplify the color. I don't know if it was my skin complexion changing or because the product was looking like it is about to expire (although I don't throw away anything unless it's finished and it wasn't even halfway in the pan) but the highlight started to go grey on me.

My cheeks looked ashy. I tried it on several people with different skin tones (neutral and cool) and it looked ashy on almost all of them. I still have it but thinking of chucking it away. It was kinda nice in the beginning to have that 'glo-up' look but now, it just makes me look like the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz.

on 7/15/2017 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is probably the first quality highlighter I've bought and I'm in love. I was looking for a highlighter that you could layer so that it could be natural or be a glow you could see from the moon. THEN, I found out that Halsey uses this highlighter and I was sold.

I was nervous about wearing powder highlighter over my dry skin because I almost never wear foundation (only bb cream) and I thought it might accentuate my dry patches. But I've been wearing this almost every day and it looks amazing without anything underneath.

I think it's a little bit glittery, but I don't mind that. It looks good applied with your fingers but would probably be better with a fan brush so you can pack more on. The packaging is kinda hard to open if your fingers are oily/wet because it closes magnetically and you have to pull it open.

on 7/7/2017 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE THIS HIGHLIGHT! Every time I use this, I look in my mirror and admire that stunning glow (I also sing Shiny from Moana whilst admiring the glow but no one needed to know that!!). It's a wonderful, light golden highlught that gives a healthy glow to the skin. I often build the highlight up by either applying 2 to 3 layers with a nyx fan brush or using a cream highlight underneath. I've noticed that Soft and Gentle looks quite intense on my nose. The one thing you need to be careful about is that this highlight can easily rub off on your hands if you don't set your face with setting spray (leaning your hand against your cheekbones/applying eyeshadow after highlight etc). Overall I think this is a beautiful highlight and it's the only highlight that I use on a regular basis. It deserves more recognition than it currently gets!

on 4/27/2017 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

First, I will never have to repurchase this cause there's so much product in there. Second, idk where people are seeing glitter but there's certainly none in mine.

I like a sublte highlight, not too obvious. I'm not into the YT/instagram-mega highlighter look. No shade, it's just not for me.

So I'll go for this highlighter when I get photographed and/or when I'm going out at night. It looks BEAUTIFUL in pictures. Almost like a shiny liquid touching my face - if that makes any sense at all.

I'm a relatively fair woman (NC10-15) and this still looks really good. I'm super in love with it.

I did take one lipstick off cause I wish it was a cream product cause I just prefer cream highlighters but that's just me.

Such a gorgeous highlighting powder! I use this whether or not I'm doing a full face of foundation. With foundation underneath, it looks luminous and glowy. On natural skin, with or without blush, it looks natural and as if it's coming from within. I use on my cheekbones and brow bone (no matter what eyeshadow I'm wearing) and apply it with the MAC 130 for my cheekbones. I like that there isn't a lot of fallout, so I don't end up with glitter all over my face.

on 4/23/2017 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

this is to much glitter for me but i do like the colour.

Horrible