MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

4.1

Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palminate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Yeast Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Minerals

on 6/12/2017 1:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Ive heard about this so much and tried to ignore everyones love for this highlight. I never thought id buy it because it is a really hyped up product on youtube and all, and i have enough highlighters that I was trying to resist. But i swatched my collection and i dont have anything like it. Its super beautiful on the skin, some people said it would be too dark for fair skin but it looks perfect (im nc20ish maybe a bit lighter) the glow is beautiful. It can be built up to a really intense glow or just lightly tap your brush for a subtle glow. It looks like a dry baked formula so i thought it would be dry to the touch but its actually creamy and soft. Some complain about it being glittery and I can see some fine specks of glitters when I look REALLY close in the mirror but from a normal distance theres no glitter at all. Even if some glitter was visible i dont mind cause i love glitter anyways lol. Also there is alot of product in this, theres 10g. The packaging can be kinda hard to open but i figured out now that since its just a magnetic closure i grip the bottom with one hand and pull up the top part (not too much force where youd accidently damage it but u have to pull a bit) Anyways i did get this for a bit cheaper cause of a friends discount who works at hudsons bay.. The original price of $38 canadian is pretty steep. I think it still is worth the price.. count your pennies and splurge because it is worth it:)) im very happy with this and its super pretty:)
P.s elfs blush gems highlighter is said to be a dupe but i have it and i disagree. Its darker and not as soft, and has to be built up for a sheen. The more you build it up the more dark it gets and on my skin theres a dark strip on my cheekbones so i have to be light with it. Its not a dupe for soft n gentle:(

Horrible

on 4/27/2017 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

First, I will never have to repurchase this cause there's so much product in there. Second, idk where people are seeing glitter but there's certainly none in mine.

I like a sublte highlight, not too obvious. I'm not into the YT/instagram-mega highlighter look. No shade, it's just not for me.

So I'll go for this highlighter when I get photographed and/or when I'm going out at night. It looks BEAUTIFUL in pictures. Almost like a shiny liquid touching my face - if that makes any sense at all.

I'm a relatively fair woman (NC10-15) and this still looks really good. I'm super in love with it.

I did take one lipstick off cause I wish it was a cream product cause I just prefer cream highlighters but that's just me.

Such a gorgeous highlighting powder! I use this whether or not I'm doing a full face of foundation. With foundation underneath, it looks luminous and glowy. On natural skin, with or without blush, it looks natural and as if it's coming from within. I use on my cheekbones and brow bone (no matter what eyeshadow I'm wearing) and apply it with the MAC 130 for my cheekbones. I like that there isn't a lot of fallout, so I don't end up with glitter all over my face.

on 4/23/2017 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

this is to much glitter for me but i do like the colour.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

To much glitter, I can like a heavy highlight but this has to much chunky glitter. It accentuates every flaw and does not go on smooth. At the end of the day glitters are falling down my cheeks. I also found the color to light and frosty on my NC30 skintone.

on 3/28/2017 6:19:00 AM

Great, amazing, perfect for sensitive skin!
This is my 3rd one! Fantastick product without disco ball effect.
Highlighter looks very elegant -this is for someone who want to look perfect with discreet light.
The real Merceder between the rest (essence, the balm, RMS etc)
must have product

on 2/17/2017 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Despite the price of this product and the apparent $3 dupe that E.l.f has made for this I will still repurchase this product. It is probably one of the most natural highlighters you'll find. Whether you're going for a natural everyday look or going for a night on the town and want some shimmer to your face, this product is your best friend. Its buildable which is awesome for if you want a very subtle shimmer or an exaggerated one for a going out glam look. I love using this product for many different uses. For my everyday look I just apply on the high points of my face such as my cheek bones, brow bone, bridge of nose, cupid/s bow, chin and ill dust of any excess on my collar bone so I am not wasting the product...and makes my neck glow too! I also love using this as a subtle eye shimmer for if I am feeling extra glamorous. Highly recommend giving this a try its probably one of the best highlights on the market.

on 2/10/2017 7:11:00 PM

This is by far my favourite highlighter! It leaves my skin literally glowing which I find quite difficult to achieve with other highlighters as you can quite obviously see the glittery pigment. This highlighter is amazing for everyday makeup for a dewy looking finish and can also be layered for a heavier finish for a night out! My soft and gentle compact lasted for a full year which was amazing considering I was using it daily! I would recommend trying this product! For those of you who would like to try something similar yet cheaper, the SEVENTEEN Instant Glow Shimmer Block can be purchased from Boots for just £4.99. This is the closest 'drug store' highlighter to soft and gentle that I have found :)

on 1/12/2017 11:05:00 PM

One of the biggest OGs in the makeup world. Oldie but a goodie!!!!!! So stunning especially on medium skin tones