MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

4.2

Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palminate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Yeast Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Minerals

on 2/17/2017 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Despite the price of this product and the apparent $3 dupe that E.l.f has made for this I will still repurchase this product. It is probably one of the most natural highlighters you'll find. Whether you're going for a natural everyday look or going for a night on the town and want some shimmer to your face, this product is your best friend. Its buildable which is awesome for if you want a very subtle shimmer or an exaggerated one for a going out glam look. I love using this product for many different uses. For my everyday look I just apply on the high points of my face such as my cheek bones, brow bone, bridge of nose, cupid/s bow, chin and ill dust of any excess on my collar bone so I am not wasting the product...and makes my neck glow too! I also love using this as a subtle eye shimmer for if I am feeling extra glamorous. Highly recommend giving this a try its probably one of the best highlights on the market.

on 2/10/2017 7:11:00 PM

This is by far my favourite highlighter! It leaves my skin literally glowing which I find quite difficult to achieve with other highlighters as you can quite obviously see the glittery pigment. This highlighter is amazing for everyday makeup for a dewy looking finish and can also be layered for a heavier finish for a night out! My soft and gentle compact lasted for a full year which was amazing considering I was using it daily! I would recommend trying this product! For those of you who would like to try something similar yet cheaper, the SEVENTEEN Instant Glow Shimmer Block can be purchased from Boots for just £4.99. This is the closest 'drug store' highlighter to soft and gentle that I have found :)

on 1/12/2017 11:05:00 PM

One of the biggest OGs in the makeup world. Oldie but a goodie!!!!!! So stunning especially on medium skin tones

on 1/12/2017 10:33:00 PM

Maybe I'm just nostalgic as this was my first highlighter I ever purchased, but I love MAC Soft and Gentle.

Pros:
nice on lighter skin tones
pink/beige tone
gives a nice glow without being excessive
can be used as eyeshadow
lasts you forever

Cons:
slightly glittery
glittery fallout

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is my HG highlighter, I absolutely love it and it doesn't make my 36 year old face look old like some powder highlighters can, sneaking into my crows feet and making me look like an offensive glitter ball. Packaging is still intact even though I've had my most recent one for about 8 months and there is barely a dent in the product itself. I use mineral foundation so a liquid highlighter like isn't really an option

I have very very fair skin and this can double up as a very light-toned, yet very glowy and shimmering blush. But when I do have a full face of makeup and lots of bronzer I can get away with using this as just a highlight on the top of the cheekbones. For medium to dark skin tone it's perfection. But I still love you his and use this a lot. Everyone can benefit from this I guess.

on 12/30/2016 6:00:00 PM

I have used this highlighter for years and I just don't feel like myself without it! The bronze tone really brightens up my fair yellow toned complexion. It is quite glittery and I don't mind that but it isn't for anyone who doesn't like a lot of sparkle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a classic and one of the oldest highlights on the market. It's a neutral champagne, no yellow or pink. But, it's glittery. And powdery. Prepare for glitter fallout. And it's too dark for my skin. I can use it as a blush topper but not as a highlight. It's not worth the glitter for me. I swapped this.

on 10/19/2016 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Soft & Gentle is a great pearl highlight - especially for those with lighter skin who may struggle with many highlights being too bronzed. Very buildable and can go from a light highlight to a full glam glow.

on 10/9/2016 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I had really "great expectations" on this product. Since I've started watching youtube it was one of the most talked mac's products. it is a "must have" a cult classic as highlighter. I decided to buy an highlighter and of course i went for this one... if you swatch it in stores with all those lights it looks gorgeous, but once you use it on your skin with a brush...... it doesnt melt well into the skin and it doenst last a lot on your face either and at the end your remain with a full face of glitter... Plus it's powdery like hell! i dunno if with the packaging they've reformulated it or something....but i was expecting something more from it. I'm disappointed.