MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

4.2

Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palminate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Yeast Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Minerals

Soft and gentle — the name speaks for itself. It’s super pigmented but so subtle since it’s not glittery at all. Mine has lasted forever and I use it every day. Love love love. First highlighter I ever purchased and I’ve never strayed. I’ve had a love/hate relationship with MAC for years but this is one product I stand behind wholly.

on 4/14/2018 7:07:00 AM

Only had this a week but already love it! Isn’t a blinding highlight but isn’t natural it’s in between. Looks pink in the pan and when searched but on it looses it’s pink tone but that might be just on my skin tone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love this highlighter! Its amazing. This highlighter has amazing pigment and its buildable if you want a strong glow. It compliments my skin tone really well. I love the packaging of it too and love the magnetic opening/closing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Soft And Gentle is one of my holy grail MAC products, I use it pretty much everyday and it gives my face a beautiful glow which, when applied lightly, is appropriate for everyday wear and doesn’t make me look too overdone. It can definitely be built up from natural to dramatic easily however. For day-to-day wear I simply take a small amount on a fan brush and apply to my cheekbones, brow bones, nose bridge and cupid’s bow. This lights up my face perfectly. This product will definitely last a long time too, I have been using this daily for months and haven’t even made a dent in it! It is great value for money. It lasts all day on my face, regardless of which foundation I am wearing that day, and doesn’t fade away. It is definitely a much hyped-up MAC product but in this instance the product lives up to the hype set for it. I doubt I will ever be without this product now that I have discovered it, it is a necessity in my makeup collection. A+

on 4/4/2018 7:27:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Best highlighter I tried. Colour is very nice, even on very light skin. It sets quite natural (I know its a highlighter, but still). Does not fade during the day, and it is buildable: from a subtle everyday look to a very dramatic look. Gave it as a present to a friend and she is also convinced.

on 3/9/2018 5:41:00 AM

Probably one of my favourite make up products (I have tons).. It gives you this beautiful finish and makes you glow, I almost feel like a celebrity when I have it on. It also reflects the light beautifully when you take pictures and makes you glow like an angel!
I wear very minimal make up during the week so for me it is more for weekend/going out when I have a full make up on. It might be a little bit too intense for even day wear, I would rather recommend benefit high bean for during the day/natural finish but again it depends what look you are going for.
I also use it as eyeshadow for under brows which makes a beautiful transition for smokey eyes. I had it for almost 2 years now and there is still plenty left, defiantly worth the investment.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

When I bought this product I had just discovered highlighters and I was very excited with the idea of applying tons of product in all high points of the face. I actually used to swipe Benefit's Watt's Up first, so that it could work like a "glue" for the powder to stick on. Yes... I know.... Looking back at old pictures I cringe whenever I see my metallic face.

If I was to review this product back then it would definitely be a 5 star, but today it's just too much for my taste. It certainly is a beautiful highlighter, with a great finish (not too glittery, very fine), but I prefer the Hourglass Ambient Lightening Powder in Luminous Light for a similar look, but way more subtle and discrete.

I still have my Soft and Gentle, so I like to use it with my fingers and apply on the cupid's bow and inner corner of the eyes for a night look, I just won't repurchase it.

on 2/28/2018 3:35:00 PM

Asked the lady from MAC for a pick me up that made me look less dead, and this is what she gave me.... it was just what I need and the name soft and gentle suits it perfectly. I use it as a highlighter, as a shadow, when I need an extra glow and am in a rush. I have for several years and is has been on the most used pile every since.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this highlighter for years but we never got along and now it's time to part.
It's shimmery and glittery. It doesn't look like a skin, it looks like a highlighter.
I think it's best suited for people who are younger than 25 or people who prefer to have an obviously good makeup rather tan beautiful skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i think if you are not so into highlighter but want to own at least one highlighter, this one is the best for you.

it is poppin but not to the point it's blinding, it just give you that nice subtle glow on your face. so i think it's nice for daily use.
but if being lighthouse is your forte, you can just built it up to 3 swipes.