MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

4.2

Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palminate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Yeast Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Minerals

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was really excited about this product. It has been raved about so much in the beauty community, so i picked it up. I want to like it so bad. It looks gorgeous in the pan, but when swatched, its too glittery instead of glowy. The glitter is not fine milled at all, and chunks of glitter ends up all over my face. I've tried it wet and dry, no difference. It's not that pigmented eighter. I would not repurchase

This is my holygrail product!!! It's very pigmented like a little goes a long way. Suits all skin tones.

To Read all 488 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

********DUPE ALERT********

Femme Couture Mineral Effects Baked Bronzer in Summer Kiss for less than $10 at Sally's.

I guarantee you wont spot the difference.

You're welcome.

Full Size Image

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is holy grail. It makes me look like a goddess. It's just the perfect amount of shimmer for my complexion. 10/10 Highly recommend! To make it last longer, I got a tip from KathleenLights from youtube to add an extra layer of highlight on top of a setting spray. I've had this highlight for about two months and I love wearing it everyday.

on 5/27/2016 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I personally really enjoy this highlighter. It is very pigmented so I tend not to wear it on an everyday bases, however I love using it for a glam look. It also has little specks of glitter in it so if you don't like glittery highlights, this might not be for you. However, I would definitely recommend giving it a try if you are looking to add a new highlighter to your collection!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I freaken love this highlighter! It's literally everything you want and need in a highlighter. It's a gorgeous semi subtle glow that you can build up for a more intense highlight, or if you want it to be seen from space, spritz some fix plus on your brush and allow the heavens to open as you apply to your cheekbones. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! But please, whatever you do... don't smash it the day after you buy it- you will cry, I promise- I speak from experience.

on 5/15/2016 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Treated myself to a MAC makeover at Nordstrom this weekend and the SA used Skinfinish Powder in Soft & Gentle on me. WOW. This is GORGEOUS! My 45 year old skin looked so dewy and young. I had been using Strobe Cream, but this stuff is amazing. It doesn't look glittery and is really subtle. I just use a tiny bit, so imagine it's going to last forever. This is the best makeup product I've found in a very long time. Happiness!

on 5/2/2016 4:04:00 PM

Purchased this pretty little thing some weeks back and have been using it daily and with a very sparing hand at that. Interested to see how it builds for a razzle dazzle night on the town but so far enjoy the subtle glow it has been bringing to my face, definitely makes my 37 yeared self feel younger. I've been taking a small blush brush and applying very lightly to the general high points of my face (with little precision might I add) and by the end of the day I can still notice on my skin so would like to add it has good staying power.

on 5/2/2016 1:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

4 lippies primarily because this highlighter isn't that different than the other 19 million highlighters I own. It lives up to it's name, though. It's definitely soft & gentle. However, this is NOT something you'd dust all over your face, like the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders - it's far too much shimmer for the face. That said, it's a very subtle highlight - no chunks of glitter, thankfully! I'm able to get a soft but gorgeous glow on the high points of my face.

The actual powder is finely milled, which is to be expected from MAC. The compact has a magnet closure, which will have you fumbling for a few seconds while you figure it out and no mirror as well. You'll still find MAC's signature black packaging, naturally.

I am interested in trying Lightscapade and Warm Rose - and will likely visit the MAC store to give them a shot.

Now I just have a new opinion. It is ALL ABOUT THE BRUSH, I bought a new brush which is made for highlighter and it works a thousand times better. Yet, I still think that it is not the best but if you use a cream/liquid highlighter underneath it is soooooo amazing and I love it. And lately, I just found out that the UB primer portion in SIN works beautifully as a liquid highlighter (base) I love it and it gives a little pinky touch:)