Jane Iredale Liquid Eye Liner

Not tested on animals

on 7/4/2017 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The eyeliner has pretty good staying power but doesn't seem to want to apply itself to my eyelids without several coats. I have Asian greasy eyelids and this water based formula needs some concerted effort. Still, it's great to have an eyeliner that's not toxic and Jane Iredale fits the bill.

If you are after Adele's cat eye look, this is probably not the product for you. If you are after a very understated office look, then it is good. The brush is soft and fine and allows you to draw a very fine line. I use the Black/ Brown which is not a widely available colour. The downside of this product is its durability, it is not water or oil proof and doesn't always last the 8 hours in the office, even if you do not touch your face. I would buy again because of the brush and the colour but I do wish they could improve on the durability of the formula.

Dreadfully skinny brush hardly has enough fibers to get a decent line. You have to go over and over to get a line wide enough to see! I got the copper color which I hoped would flatter blue eyes. It is a very metallic looking copper...not what I wanted but that is my preference. Did not like the effect on me. This product reminds me of some cheap drug store brand. Will not repurchase. Will stick with gel liners such as MAC or Bobbi Brown, or high quality kohl pencils.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm testing this product for an aesthetician friend who is considering carrying it in his spa, so I didn't pay for this -- I wouldn't pay for this, $20 for a thoroughly mediocre liquid liner is hilarious. I've worn liquid eyeliner for about fifteen (yikes) years so if anyone should be able to make this work, it's me. But no -- the brush is awful, the formula is clumpy, it's impossible to get a sleek cat eye out of this product and it flakes after a few hours. Pretty much its only redeeming quality is that it's entirely waterproof. If you really have to use mineral liner this is probably your product of choice, but if texture and ease of application is at the top of your list, you can do so much better for about half the price.

on 5/13/2014 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is absolutely the worst liquid eye liner I have ever used. It is so watery that you can't draw an unbroken line with it. You have to go over it many times in order to get a decent color saturation and even then its still not a bold black. Don't waste your money on this awful product.

on 8/6/2015 2:12:00 AM

I have hooded eyes that are a bit oily and EVERYTHING smudges on me- this is the only natural eyeliner I've found so far that absolutely doesn't smudge - for that i give it a 5star. though I agree the brush is too soft for application.

on 1/3/2011 6:50:00 PM

Works differently than other eyeliners. I had to play around with it in order to minimize the flaking. (I understand that other eyeliner may have adhesives, which I am trying to avoid.) For a natural product, I am very happy with this and have used for two years now.

on 5/13/2010 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really do NOT like this product. It flakes easily, just not consistent at all. The brush sucks also. Packaging is okay, but not great. I refuse to repurchase this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i've been using the copper liner for years, it is the only one i've seen on the market that is a liquid, mineral, and is a beautiful color. the silver liner has much to be desired, its not the best. the copper and the silver will flake after all day wear, which sucks, but for such a beautiful color i will continue to rebuy. the black liner is okay..... not the best.

on 9/16/2010 6:52:00 PM

I like Jane Iredale's products...but this was definitely one of the WORST eye liners I have ever tried!!! :( It flaked after only a few hours (without me even touching my eyelids)!
If you are looking for an eye liner that has tremendous staying power, get MAC's liquid last eyeliner. It's not as natural as Jane Iredale's, but hey, sometimes you can't get the best of both worlds. :(
****UPDATE******
I just discovered a natural eye liner that performs as a liquid eye liner! It is by: Tarte, and is called: EmphasEYES Aqua Gel Eyeliner. Long lasting and easy to apply! :)