Everyday Minerals Abbott's Perk Me Up Concealer

Everyday Minerals Abbott's Perk Me Up Concealer

3.8

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am 44 and had received several free samples of EM years ago. I've used them here and there (they last forever!) but the two that just did it for me was the Abbott's Perk Me Up and one called Perfect. Well now I go on their website and there is nothing with those names! I emailed them hoping they can tell me what to order. Anyway the Abbott's is perfect for concealing imperfections and doesn't turn cakey or oily like other products I've tried. I have never been into concealers as I'd always use foundation on my entire face. Well since I quit nicotine my skin has cleared up and the blotchiness has diminished a bit. So I quit foundation but still need something for blemishes and dark undereyes from allergies. This did the trick. I literally look several years younger if I just swipe abit under the eyes, forehead and chin, nothing else but it makes the skin look amazing without obviously being "made up" I do use primer first OR don't wash my face from my jojoba oils/skin care stuff from the night before so my face does have "gripping power" when I apply this (if that makes sense)

on 9/29/2015 2:47:00 AM

I have not found a concealer as good as this in 6 years, if anybody knows of something else that is comparable or has any to sell, pleas let me know asap. Thanks
my email is karrmyn@hotmail.com

To Read all 31 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/17/2011 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This concealer does a good job of hiding my dark circles (I just had a baby so I have to try and hide my severe lack of sleep, lol) but I have very dry skin and this makes my under eyes look very cakey. So unfortunately I find myself reaching for my liquid concealers more often than this one. But if you don't have very dry skin then this is a great concealer.
Unfortunately I bought it in the large size so I may put this in my swap, if anyone wants it :)

on 2/16/2011 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HG concealer. I love EDM products, and had been working my way through a lot of their concealers in search of my perfect one. This is it. Its a great match to my tan skin and I love that it really does "perk" my eye area up. I also use it on any blemishes I have and it works fantastically.
Definately will repurchase when I entually run out, as the big size has a lot pf product in which I only use tiny amount of at a time.
Loving IT!

on 7/27/2010 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet! It's an absolute miracle product for me. There seem to be pretty mixed reviews-- and I think this is because the effectiveness of this concealer depends on your skin tone, as it's essentially a color corrector. That said, I have light skin that normally falls into the "olive" category of most brands, and in EM my perfect match is Light Olive (matte).

Not only does this cover my undereye circles better than anything else-- which is AMAZING considering it's a mineral powder and not liquid/cream-- but I also discovered that it is FANTASTIC as an all-over concealer/color corrector for my face. I had moderate acne for the past several years, and my skin always gets those pesky "red marks" or hyperpigmentation after a breakout. Well, somehow Abbott's manages to cover the hyperpigmentation and any redness in my skin amazingly well, while still letting my natural skin tone shine through, so it looks like I am wearing NO MAKE UP yet my skin still looks close to flawless. Pretty amazing considering I have so many spots of discoloration. So I can actually wear this in place of foundation and it looks even more natural while still covering all my imperfections. If you have light skin or olive skin tone, try it-- it might work the same for you!

I'm really excited that I can get a much more natural look by using this and skipping foundation. HOWEVER I really need to mention that in my last order all the products had EM's new ingredient of lauroyl lysine, and my skin started breaking out immediately after using the products for one day. It *may* have been due to something else, as I was experimenting with a few new things at the time. However, this was my first breakout in a very, very long time and happened immediately after using my new EM order. So I will try to continue using the products and see if maybe, hopefully, it was something else that broke me out. I absolutely adore Abbott's concealer and the EM blushes so I really hope I can keep using them!! Will update.

on 4/30/2010 1:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This...just didn't do anything for my dirk circles. :/ they looked the same.
Doesn't work for anything else. I don't really have a use for it. Waste of money.

This is the best concealer ever. It blends in so well and covers my dark circles. I love love love it. I hope they never discontinue it because I'll be really really sad lol.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product was just not working for me. It sat on top of the skin, and never really blended in; it had no staying power, and the worst part was in photos I looked like a hospital patient.
I tried this for months before finally facing the fact that this just was not for me. I have since given up on all mineral makeup after realizing that the effect was just not flattering. I really wanted to use mineral makeup which is probably why I was in denial for so long. I have since moved on.

on 8/22/2009 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this as a free sample, and I'm glad I did, because I don't think I'd ever use up a full-size of this. I'm still trying to find a balance between over-doing this and not applying enough. The color, which is a light matte peach, tends to just make my circles a different color instead of canceling out the purple/blue-ness of it. My makeup routine has kind of become a daily experiment since getting this concealer, because I end up mixing it with other concealers and my foundation just to find a combo that work for me.

I guess this product has potential for being good on under-eye circles, but IMO, it's not a concealer that's going to work right out of the container or on very pale skin tones. I don't see myself ever buying this again because I don't think I'll ever run out of it.

on 8/4/2009 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

While I did prefer EM's (discontinued) PEACH CONCEALER, for my undereye circles, the (slightly lighter) Abbott's PMU, is workable, on my complexion. Coverage is light, to medium, yet can be easily built up.

I apply a layer or 2 with my EM Oval Concealer brush, then buff it out a little, with EM Eye Kabuki and then cover that with a few layers of MMU base.