Laura Mercier Creme de Pistache Souffle

4.5

on 3/22/2016 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am a sucker for almond scented products (my fave being L'Occitane Almond Milk Concentrate). So when I found out about this cream I ran to smell it. I totally fell in love with it!

This is a very unique scented lotion - ok wait, scratch that - unique scented line, period. Its incredibly fresh and delicious! To me, this smells straight up like gourmet pistachio ice cream - I get toasted pistachio and fresh whipped cream with a hint of fruit which evens out the sweetness so that it isn't too overpowering.

Sure this stuff is pricey but trust me it will last a long time. If you are an almond scent fan you really should try this one.

The whole line of Laura Mercier body butters/souffles is a worthy splurge. They ARE expensive, but they last a very long time. The benefit here is really not the moisturizing qualities but the gorgeous scents that last FOREVER. I have never gotten more compliments on a fragrance than I get on Creme de Pistache. Put it on in the gym locker room in front of other women and tear the house down...women freak over it! Wear it around men and they will ask you for recommendations for their wives and girlfriends. It's a total crowd pleaser.

Back in the mid 2000's I made it my life's mission to get my hands on every edible-smelling product on the market. It was costly - back then gourmand fragrances were all the rage and the number of brands popping up to offer their own take on 'cookie dough' or 'devil's food cake' were two a penny. By the end of that 'phase' which lasted me for at least a few years and concluded with an awful lot of binned products I had stumbled upon Laura Mercier's range. I found the 'Creme Brulee' a bit too sickly sweet for my likings but the Creme de pistache was absolutely spot-on. It strikes the perfect balance between sweet and savoury. Salted pistachio biscuits are about the closest comparison I can make. You definitely smell the salt and also a tiny hint of caramel or vanilla (not sure which). Personally I don't find it has great moisturising properties, 'adequate' would be the more appropriate word, but let's be honest I'm not purchasing this for its ability to moisturise, I'm purchasing because I want my skin to smell amazing! And it lasts. I can usually detect a hint of it on my clothes the following day after applying it.
In short: YUM!

So weird. So, so weird. It smells like pistachio ice cream, caramelized nuts, nana's cold cream, and salt. I don't know how a body creme can smell salty, but it does. On it's own, it's intriguingly strange and lovely, but not something I reach for often. Layered with a few spritzes of rosewater, it's divine. I walk around all day smelling of a fine Middle Eastern pastry shop and I love it, and I'm not even a gourmand kind of girl (in fact, the Laura Mercier gourmands are the only ones I really like).

Creme de Pistache + rosewater is the perfect fragrance if you're looking for something exotic and unique, but not too strong. The fragrance lasts all day, and the texture of the creme is gorgeous. . .silky and light.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This product is soooo lovely! I am not a girl who likes perfumes much and I absolutely hate any scented bath and body products but this is heaven! I was gifted the Creme de Pistache body wash! It is so creamy and smooth. The scent is sweet but not too sweet, and it definitely doesnt smell like food. It is more complex than that. I would say anyone who usually likes gourmand products will love this.

on 1/28/2012 4:06:00 PM

Though expensive, this product is worth the money. the light and silky texture is divine and deeply moisturises the skin, leaving my legs super smooth. The smell is sweet and nutty like caramelised nuts with a huge dollop of cream yum yum my favourite of the Laura Mercier Gourmande body souffles

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

When I was doing my masters, I worked in an array of Manchester department stores, and one of the counters I worked on was right next to Laura Mercier. Though my love affair with Laura Mercier's gourmands started with Creme Brulee, the crazy sweetness and creaminess never prompted me to part with my cash. Pistache is just right, though - nutty, creamy, toasted, but also dries down to have enough of a tinge of French face cream to not be unbearably gourmand.

on 5/16/2011 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I don't own this, I own the hand cream, but I can't find it here! However, I love it, it's moisturizing and the scent is amazing, very nutty :)

on 3/17/2011 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

milktoast24 nailed this one in her review below. It is indeed "warm, sweet, delicious, [and] creamy," gourmand but somehow not foody. I find the opening note a bit overwhelmingly bitter almond, but that rapidly abates and you're left with the wonderful, slightly nutty, but above all creamy scent of Creme de Pistache. The quality is superb--the souffle is heavenly to apply, and the fragrance lingers for nearly 24 hours. You do not need to layer this or wear another fragrance with this one--it stands alone, beautifully. Despite the price, I will repurchase again and again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Very expensive and admittedly I am having to save up for a full size now that my sample has run out! But so worth it. On me this smells like a sweet pistachio biscuit. Lasts quite a while too. Very yummy and one which others will notice you have got on too! Wish there was a matching shower gel in this and that it wasn't so damn expensive...