4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Awesome formula! Smooth!! and for some reason I love the smell of it? I bet many would say it doesn't have a sent.. But I smell something, and it's clean!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

from

4 years ago

The reviews on this LQ are one of the reasons I bought this. When I first opened Lipstick Queens Pink Sinner I was really disappointed. The pink bullet looked like a pale chalky pink. I put it on, didn’t like the colour and thought I had just wasted another $32 + (AUD) on another lipstick I will never use. After a few hours I noticed the colour on my lips had faded to a really lovely peachy pink. So I gave it another try the next day and in just a few minutes the colour on my lips changed from the colour in the bullet to a very wearable pale rosewood/pink. Which is very flattering. As this is the palest of the Sinner lipsticks that I have purchased, I was expecting that it wouldn’t last as long as the deeper shades. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that Pink Sinner lipstick only required a light re-touch after a late lunch and then lasted for the rest of my working day. I live in the tropics so any lipstick or makeup item that makes it through the full day’s heat and air con is an absolute winner. I am delighted with this purchase. I now have 9 Lipstick Queen, Sinners, that says it all, really.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairSilver, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

I am a former blonde, now white haired lady, with neutral skin tones, but bluish natural lip color. Most lipsticks turn dark on me, which is enormously aggravating. Lipstick Queen lipsticks stay the same color as the bullet on my lips when applied and 5 hours later. Hooray!!! This pink is very natural, not in your face, pink and looks very elegant. I am so happy to find a formulation that delivers color, is long lasting and is kind to my lips.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairSilver, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

6 years ago

The Sinner Lipstick range by Lipstick Queen is probably all I ever wanted in a tube of lipstick. Matte, pigmented, no shimmer... totally my style. But the problem here would be this particular shade, Pink. It looks too BOLD pink on me. I feel that I should have never got it in the first place... It looks good (enough) .. but bright bold pink just personally normally not my style. Plus I already had MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Unlimited and that is enough. I was more looking for more muted, low key pink, something like MAC lipstick in Spirit. But because I just want to get rid of this bold pink lipstick, I wear it often 'RELUCTANTLY'. As I wear it often, I can fully judge its texture. Now I don't know if I really like it. It is matte and it does not transfer much, and probably this is what the SA meant that this line has like a 'latex'-like substance so it just stick on. But sometimes I felt it is a bit too dry... I wonder if the colour make the texture felt worse, look all dry and chalky. So as often I would wear it (to get rid of it) the more hatred I have for it, so at one moment where I just felt I look too tacky wearing it... I end up tossing the lipstick in the bin. I would probably like this lipstick in darker shade, like a dark brick red or a burgundy.That would be perfect as those non-transferable lipstick. On the other hand, I still like this brand, and the packaging is really nice, matte tube with gold print label, tightly sealed and you wouldn't find this lipstick without the lid when you just throw it into handbag.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

8 years ago

This is one of the best lipsticks I've ever tried. The colour goes on so smooth and it doesn't dry out my lips, plus it lasts a long time without flaking or looking sloppy. I rarely wear lipstick because it never lasts longer than 10 minutes on me but this the exception. It's good value too...I got it from ebeauty.ca for $16, which is a great deal for such a stellar product.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

from

9 years ago

This is a beautiful, classy and elegant pink which is very versatile. I wear it when I want to be classy but it also lends itself brilliantly to the boho, beachy, messy look (which is pretty much my signature style). As one would expect from Poppy King, the formula is smooth and easy to apply, and very long lasting. Well done to the lipstick queen once again.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Kinky, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

The search is over! I've been loyal to MAC for many years, but after starting to feel their colors were a bit too trendy/garish for me now I tried Lipstick Queen. Believe the hype- texture is creamy, color is true-no weird undertones, and long lasting. I am fair, red hair green eyes so pinks are difficult for me. This is not "Barbie" pink. It is muted and sophisticated. Love it!!!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair

HairRed

9 years ago

This gets a 4 rating from me only because my lips are so pigmented that this can look a bit chalky on my lips. Those of us who don't have pigmented lips can give it a 5! As mentioned in previous reviews, the color is a pretty neutral baby pink with grownup flair. I really like the color and I smear this on my lips without even looking at least a couple times a day as I leave this particular lipstick in my desk at work. A true matte lipstick, regardless of the brand, requires smooth lips, so this accentuates any flakies as expected. I can really feel the shea butter in this formula and I like it, I think it adds to the full coverage feel to the lipstick and it wears well. I tend to have chapped lips but I haven't since using these and I wonder if it's because the formula is a bit thick and long wearing, it feels a bit like chapstick to me in a way. Coverage of this formula is supberb and even though it can look chalky on me, if I'm careful using lip balm beforehand I can counteract that. I ordered mine from QVC, but I'd like to walk into Nordstrom and buy this sometime. I hope the love for Poppy spreads.

About reviewer (300 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

10 years ago

Am adding my review just to mention that while I can see how this shade might look like apricot/coral on assorted skin tones, it's more of a neutral, natural pink on me, which I like. Good for an understated look on my fair skin, for days when I want to look put together, but don't have time for retouching frequently. Know what others mean about being baffled about the titling of LQ shades, including this Pink. Actually, really like how Poppy King puts a different spin on pink, a lot more dignified than what you often get with pink. Have noticed that with Saint Pink, it seems pink-ier and a little more girly, think it has something to do with texture of the Saints. Really like how the Sinners go on relatively moist, even though it's a pretty matte lipstick. Have chatted repeatedly with LQ marketing people(who seem very nice) on the subject of getting the word out to women of color to try the LQ products, maybe not this shade, but the wines and berries. Anyway, one thing that got brought up is the trickiness of accurately describing the various colors: one thing that makes it especially tricky is that the different shades can look so different depending on your skin tone. So, if any of you make up junkies wanted to band together and take photos of women with different skin tones wearing the different shades, would not be surprised if the LQ website would be agreeable to allowing a link.

About reviewer (113 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

11 years ago

I'm actually not opposed to a real pink (ballet slipper pink) lip every now and then, so the first time I saw this shade I was kind of confused. Why did she dub this shade 'pink'? It is actually closer to a coral shade, in my opinion. Is it just me, or does Poppy have the oddest marketing team? So far, every item I've received from her is not at all what I expect it to be. Seriously, don't order based on her descriptions, because they suck. Anyway, this color is gorgeous! It really is a sophisticated shade, perfect for office wear. I think it works as an evening lippie as well. You could probably use this for every occasion. I love the way this looks with a little bit of clear gloss over it! Has nice staying power too. All in all, a great lipstick that is worth the $18! Just don't assume it's going to be pink.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24