Lipstick Queen Saint Rose Sheer Lipstick

Lipstick Queen Saint Rose Sheer Lipstick

4.3

on 5/22/2017 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My HG lip colour! It is a blue based medium Rosey red-pink. A true Rose colour, that I had been looking forever for. This is a unique shade, very different from any other brand. It suits me perfectly and brightens my face, it feels lovely and smooth on lips, quite moisturing indeed. Applys and looks/feels like a heavily pigmented balm, it is sheer not opaque. The packaging is very basic, nothing special, but the quality of the lipstick is!

on 2/18/2009 1:39:00 PM

I bought this in a 3 piece set at QVC. The set included Rose Saint, Rose Sinner and a matching liner with sharpener. I didn't expect to like the "saint" version as much as I did. The saint version is a shiney sheer rose (described as 10% pigment on lipstickqueen.com as the sinner version is 90% pigment) and best of all it has no shimmer whatsoever. The color was easy to build without sinking in the creases of my lips. The color shade is cool, but a little less cool than the sinner version. This sheer medium rose shade is more wearable outside and is more appropriate for daytime casual wear. (sinner version is a more artificial look like the 1940's opaque lipsticks) This version feels moisturizing and lasts longer than other sheer lipsticks I've tried, too. I liked this so much, I ordered more colors!

on 10/13/2008 1:13:00 AM

*****CLICK 'CONTINUED' FOR INGREDIENTS LISTING*******

Rose Saint is one of ten sheer, 10%-pigment lipsticks from Poppy King's Lipstick Queen line. Each of these ten also have a sheer, 90%-pigment 'Sinner' counterpart. They retail for $18USD/$32AUD/15GBP for 0.14oz/4g, and are packaged attractively in slim, slightly rubberized tubes (much, much better than NARS or Becca rubber though.) They are sold through the Lipstick Queen website, which also has the addresses of brick-and-mortar locations worldwide where you can purchase these beauties.

A gorgeous blue-based medium rose, this lipstick needs very specific conditions to be flattering on me, as I'm warm. It's best on a 'pale' day, and when I'm wearing a cool face, and even then, just a touch. It is definitely on the cool side of pink, with no brown whatsoever and quite a bit of blue. Still, it should be very easy to pull off for anyone remotely neutral/cool.

Saints aren't very moisturizing lipsticks, drying to a (less-powdery-than-Sinners) silk-powder kind of finish - dry to the touch but somehow not drying! It's also not as sheer as, say, the typical MAC lustre or Clinique Buttershine. Saint Rose is not particularly glossy - there's a subtle reflective quality but yet again, very unlike Lustres/Buttershines. I like this :)

Lipstick has no scent or taste. Packaging is slim, compact and attractive, and though the outer packaging is just plastic + card, the card is made from recycled material. The box says there are no animal products (vegan-friendly) but the ingredients list (see below) says there MAY be carmine - there ARE parabens.

I'm keeping this but would not repurchase - it's just not as flattering on me as I'd like and docking two lippies for that. Cool/neutral gals, check this one out!

I am a NC25 (MAC Studio Fix), 30 (Chanel TI), 2 (MUFE Face & Body) Camel (BECCA LSC) OC02/03 (Lunasol Intellectual Powder foundation) AAB.

Ingredients continued >>