Lipstick Queen Saint Rose Sheer Lipstick

Lipstick Queen Saint Rose Sheer Lipstick

4.5

on 5/22/2017 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My HG lip colour! It is a blue based medium Rosey red-pink. A true Rose colour, that I had been looking forever for. This is a unique shade, very different from any other brand. It suits me perfectly and brightens my face, it feels lovely and smooth on lips, quite moisturing indeed. Applys and looks/feels like a heavily pigmented balm, it is sheer not opaque. The packaging is very basic, nothing special, but the quality of the lipstick is!

on 3/27/2017 10:22:00 AM

I love this sheer lipstick. I've bought several Lipstick Queen products over the years and enjoyed pretty much every one of them. This is a recent purchase, in the sheer rose, and I love this one, too. Since it's from the Saint line it's 10 percent pigment, but I get a decent amount of color. It's sort of a my lips but rosier, and still natural, look. It provides nice coverage without looking coated, and it feels moisturizing, but not greasy or obvious. The formula stays on a good while and fades naturally, and my lips aren't left feeling parched once it's off. There's no taste or scent, and the packaging is LQ's sleek, luxurious standard.

on 9/28/2011 1:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

On me, this is a souped-up, more vibrant version of Saint Pink. I like it, but find myself going to Saint Pink more.

on 4/23/2012 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, I love this. It's like a softer, more long-lasting version of YSL Lipstick Rose. It's a great, face warming shade and more than anything, I'm stunned with how long it lasts for something described as having less pigment. I also adore Poppy King's Art Deco-y packaging - the gleamy golden tube brings a smile to my (rose colored) lips.

on 5/4/2012 10:30:00 PM

This is a beautiful color. It's a slightly cool toned, medium rosey pink. It's bright yet not overly so. I adore the texture of saint lipsticks, they are extremely pigmented, yet look light and allow your lips to show through. If you're pale and neutral/cool toned, this is your color.

I am a lipstick junkie. Lets face it...I have too many. Despite my trials & errors, I keep coming back to this. It's a perfect shade of cool rosey pink. It doesn't look cheesy, it has good lasting power & is very complimentary to my skin tone. I think it smells & tastes like donuts (though I don't think that is the desired fragrance. I hope this is still a current product so I can rebuy when I use it up!

on 2/18/2009 1:39:00 PM

I bought this in a 3 piece set at QVC. The set included Rose Saint, Rose Sinner and a matching liner with sharpener. I didn't expect to like the "saint" version as much as I did. The saint version is a shiney sheer rose (described as 10% pigment on lipstickqueen.com as the sinner version is 90% pigment) and best of all it has no shimmer whatsoever. The color was easy to build without sinking in the creases of my lips. The color shade is cool, but a little less cool than the sinner version. This sheer medium rose shade is more wearable outside and is more appropriate for daytime casual wear. (sinner version is a more artificial look like the 1940's opaque lipsticks) This version feels moisturizing and lasts longer than other sheer lipsticks I've tried, too. I liked this so much, I ordered more colors!

on 10/13/2008 1:13:00 AM

*****CLICK 'CONTINUED' FOR INGREDIENTS LISTING*******

Rose Saint is one of ten sheer, 10%-pigment lipsticks from Poppy King's Lipstick Queen line. Each of these ten also have a sheer, 90%-pigment 'Sinner' counterpart. They retail for $18USD/$32AUD/15GBP for 0.14oz/4g, and are packaged attractively in slim, slightly rubberized tubes (much, much better than NARS or Becca rubber though.) They are sold through the Lipstick Queen website, which also has the addresses of brick-and-mortar locations worldwide where you can purchase these beauties.

A gorgeous blue-based medium rose, this lipstick needs very specific conditions to be flattering on me, as I'm warm. It's best on a 'pale' day, and when I'm wearing a cool face, and even then, just a touch. It is definitely on the cool side of pink, with no brown whatsoever and quite a bit of blue. Still, it should be very easy to pull off for anyone remotely neutral/cool.

Saints aren't very moisturizing lipsticks, drying to a (less-powdery-than-Sinners) silk-powder kind of finish - dry to the touch but somehow not drying! It's also not as sheer as, say, the typical MAC lustre or Clinique Buttershine. Saint Rose is not particularly glossy - there's a subtle reflective quality but yet again, very unlike Lustres/Buttershines. I like this :)

Lipstick has no scent or taste. Packaging is slim, compact and attractive, and though the outer packaging is just plastic + card, the card is made from recycled material. The box says there are no animal products (vegan-friendly) but the ingredients list (see below) says there MAY be carmine - there ARE parabens.

I'm keeping this but would not repurchase - it's just not as flattering on me as I'd like and docking two lippies for that. Cool/neutral gals, check this one out!

I am a NC25 (MAC Studio Fix), 30 (Chanel TI), 2 (MUFE Face & Body) Camel (BECCA LSC) OC02/03 (Lunasol Intellectual Powder foundation) AAB.

Ingredients continued >>

on 10/17/2009 10:39:00 PM

The first impression I had of this on opening the tube was "whoa, hot pink!" But I put some on, and it was really quite attractive. It's a blue-based hot pink, perfect for my cool-toned complexion. One thing I love about Lipstick Queen lipsticks is how buildable the formula is. With one coat, this gives a more natural pink look; with additional coats, Saint Rose becomes more of a hot rose-pink statement. I love how this looks with 2-3 coats and then some nude lip gloss over top.

on 10/7/2009 5:21:00 PM

I love this lipstick. I love the texture and amount of pigment. I love that I can wear it for daytime and nighttime. I love the pretty gold tube, and I LOVE the shade! Its a cooler, rose pink & it does miracles for my skintone. Its a bit pricey, but on par with other prestige brands. I will definetly repurchase and reccomend this brand to everyone who ever asks me about lipstick. Its great.