Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleansing Oil

Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleansing Oil

3.9

Mineral Oil, Isopropyl Isostearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polysorbate 80, PEG-8 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Sorbitan Trioleate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Water, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, PPG-10 Cetyl Ether, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Camellia Oleifera leaf extract, lodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Rosmarinus Officinlis (Rosemary) leaf extract

on 9/18/2017 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Its work on me, but it doesnt work on my waterproof mascara and i am sad about it because i love to wear mascara most of the time and i have to use my micellar cleansing water. But this cleansing oil works on me pretty well!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I got this from my work as a sample to try out about a month ago, wasn't too excited to try it out. A customer this week was looking for it in my store and she told me she loves this product. Decided to try it out tonight. I used it as directed, dry hands/face. Rubbed it into my skin and onto my eyes, paying attention to saturate my eyelashes. Left this on my face for a solid 30 seconds, then added a little water to my hands and started lathering. I could tell not all my (non-waterproof) mascara was coming off my eyelashes, but when I got out of the shower I looked like a raccoon. VERY unimpressed with it's ability to remove eye makeup. Did leave the rest of my face feeling clean without being greasy or stripped. May continue to use this once I've used the Neutrogena bi phase eye makeup remover first, but definitely would not purchase this product. Scent was pleasant and not overwhelming.

on 11/3/2015 2:29:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this cleansing oil. It's light weight and it emulsifies beautifully. It has a synthetic green apple scent that will appeal to the younger crowd. I use it to remove water resistant sunscreen and bb cream/foundation. On Halloween it removed waterproof eyeliner with ease. This oil turns milky white when it comes into contact with water and rinses clean which is my favorite feature. It uses mineral oil and other surfactants to break down oil/makeup but it is gentle and leaves skin feeling clean without residue. I've tried other drugstore cleansing oils and this one is my favorite. The bottle has a pump that dispenses as much oil as you want which is also a huge selling point as other oils have had clumsy leaky pumps. If I want a deeper cleanse I use Ceraves hydrating cleanser and it will remove the thickest layers of makeup and sunscreen.

I wanted to try this cleansing oil in order to find an inexpensive replacement for the DHC, MAC, and Josie Maran cleansing oils. This did not work for me. The first time I used it, I needed more than 2 pumps to remove light makeup (foundation and powder). I then proceeded to use it on my eyes and not only did it burn, it didn't even remove my NON-waterproof eye makeup. I had to use a different makeup remover on a cotton ball to remove the rest. I haven't been impressed with any drugstore oil cleansers yet. The only good thing about this product is the light scent.

on 1/21/2016 2:02:00 PM

Another product I had high hopes for that didn't work out. I'm always on the lookout for a cheaper DHC Deep Cleansing oil dupe and thought maybe this was it. It kind of met my expectations but there are three reasons I will not be repurchasing: 1) Does not remove eye makeup completely, especially my non-waterproof eyeliner: 2) The taste is truly nasty, just try washing your face without getting cleanser on your lips: 3) It made me break out. I haven't had this many zits since my teenage years, approximately 40 ice ages ago. It's back to the DHC for me!

I bought this and I never looked back.
I have tried Shu Uemura's cleansing oil, they feel good but the cost is too high. This is priced reasonably and it works wonders. I have bad experience with other drugstore cleansing oil but this is the bomb.

Pros
- Leaves my skin clean and hydrated
- Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin
- Doesn't burn my skin
- PRICE
- Lightly scented, not overpowering

Cons
- NO CONS ! I LOVE THIS A LOT !

on 12/24/2013 10:23:00 PM

I have been using Neutrogena deep cleansing oil for years from old packaging to the new all blue bottle. It has served me well and never caused breakouts or anything. However, it doesn't cleanse off waterproof mascara for me (changed to a super wp mascara recently) so I use a separate eye mu remover for it. Used to be able to remove my favorite but discontinued ZA cutie curl mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Good to clean make up off with

on 7/7/2014 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Initially I was dubious about oil cleansing but boy I was wrong. So gentle and nourishing. Removes heavy make up and unlike many other oils, it rinses clean. Leaves my skin feeling soft and clear. No break outs, excessive oil or drying. I still need a moisturiser as my skin is dry, but being such an effective and gentle cleanser it has helped control occasional breakouts and I enjoy using it so much I no longer feel lazy enough to skip make up removal when I am tired. It works well with a wet face in the shower or just splash some over dry skin at the sink, massage and rinse. I have tried hundreds of cleansers but have been using this for more than 6 months and it is my favourite. Oil convert, right here!

I'm in my 2nd bottle now. I LOVE this product.
I love the fact that it doesnt contain soap (not foamy), but you can still feel the 'soap-like' sensory once you emulsify the oil in your face. It can really clean up my daily (super light) make up, which basically only contains IOMA moisturozer, Kiehls BB Cream, MAC compact sheer, MAC blush n eye shadow, NYX eyeliner and Maybelline mascara.

I only use 1/2 pump. Massage the oil on my dry face in circular motiom, especially on the waterproof mascara. Then I washed my hand, and use my wet hand to emulsify the oil and turned it into light foamy texture. I massage my face again, and them wash it off.
Just to make sure it is clean (just a habit), i wash my face again with Olay Cream Cleanser.

Fragrance is okay, nothing special. I would love to have the packaging more travel friendly though. The oil sometimes leak out when I travel and put it on my luggage.

What I love the most is that I think this is the best face cleanser for my super dry cheek and super oily T Zone face