Dior Creme de Gloss in 741 Plum Elixir

No Image

3.8

on 2/17/2010 11:38:00 AM

Plum Elixir is a fairly deep plum, and as mentioned below, requires great care in application; it will otherwise bleed or end up on teeth. This is a shade in the line that really does feel like a cross between a gloss and a lipstick - the pigmentation and lasting power is that of a lipstick, with the shine of a gloss. It's very flattering on my NC25 skintone, and makes my teeth look brighter, but I am so conscious of the fact that it might be on my lips that I can't even bring myself to smile to show it off. $31 CDN.

Dior Creme de Gloss is my HG lipgloss, so far I have Creamy Rose, Pink Essence and Plum Elixir.

They have creamy opaque coverage (some have shimmer but not frosty at all) and they feel so smooth and moisturising on the lips. They arent sticky at all but quite thick so they have fairly good lasting power. I also find many of the more pigmented colours almost stain your lips a little. The packaging is lovely, very streamline yet chic, with a navy blue quilted cap and silver edging. It has a doe foot applicator which I personally like. Only con is that they are not cheap, retailing for around AU$45 but I think they are worth it.

Plum Elixir is a really flattering and sophisticated true plum colour. It is quite dark and it does require care in application since it is not sheer. I find Lipstick Queen Reversible Lipliner works perfectly with this product and gives a clean lipline since this product is a dark liquid lipstick-like product. Although I have worn it without this lipliner and it is fine also. I have larger lips however and I think if you had smaller lips you may have migration issues with this particular shade of this product, without a lipliner. Overall, a great colour which I use regularly. It pairs particularly nicely with Chanel Rose Dust or Narcisse JC on the cheeks.

on 12/15/2008 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried it 2x and decided it's not the gloss for me. When I wear it I cannot smile. If I tried to smile the gloss end up on my teeth. I tried it twice and both times my friends look at me weird b/c there is gloss on my front teeth.

I love the shade to death on my lips but it simply doesn't work for me.

on 10/12/2008 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A nice creamy red plum colour. Easy to put on too much, though, and it gets too bright for me. An OK staying power. Makes my lips look glossy right after applying, but this dissappears with some time. I'll try other shades, but I don't think I'll buy this one again.