no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

I have acne-prone skin and my mother's friend, a makeup artist, recommended this foundation to me. I trusted her as a professional and purchased this foundation in sand sable matt. The foundation is very thick and it's hard to spread over your face. I had to use a wet sponge to give my face a more natural look because it was waaay too thick and it would become flaky at the end of the day. It also made me break out. However, my mom's friend promissed me it wouldn't. The bottle is also a minus. It's hard to use all of the foundation because there are a lot of leftoves on the bottom of the bottle. Well this foundation is really expensive! I expected alot more for the price I've paid!

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

This review is for the newly reformulated T. LeClerc Matte Fluid Foundation SPF 20. I got this in shade Beige Mat, which is a good match for MAC NC 30-35. Overall, I love the formulation--it reminds me of Giorgio Armani Matte Silk (used shade 5.5) in the way it feels and looks on the skin, minus the alcohol. It's not heavy and it has a medium coverage. I tried to layer, but it doesn't give full coverage--you will need a concealer to cover up blemishes. There are a few things about this foundation that I dislike, though. This is very expensive, $50! There are no returns/exchanges with some e-retailers, so beware. Also, I hate the cheap pump. It gets stuck in the middle of pressing down and then it squirts an excess in various directions..makes me rethink the $50 bucks, right? There is a slight fragrance to this, but I don't mind it and my skin doesn't rebel from it either. I'll continue to use this since it doesn't cause breakouts and I like the finish. I also think that, in order for this to look completely matte and keep the oilies away, you will need a finishing powder of some sort. UPDATE: This is not a picture friendly foundation--it shows up maskey. Also, I think it gives me some clogged pores.<p> Aqua (Water), Cyclomethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Benzophenone-3, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch, Polysilicone-11, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Sodium Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance). [+/- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)]

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

12 years ago

I have been using this foundation for a couple of years. A little goes a long way so it lasts. It gives nice coverage and you can layer it if you want more coverage. It is in a pump dispenser which is nice. I tried other bands over the past two years but I keep coming back to this one.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

14 years ago

I first used this foundation several years ago and ran out. I remembered that I liked it quite well and finally repurchased through ELuxury.com. I have very oily skin with blemishes and some broken capillaries around my nose. This foundation covers quite well. It can look a bit heavy but if you dampen a sponge and blend it looks great. I think it's probably only suitable for those with oily to very oily skin. I am a medium skinned Latina and use Sienne and find it a perfect match.

Age44-55

SkinCombination

14 years ago

For years, I used this foundation in Sienne and loved it. It matched me perfectly and I'd thought I found my HG. I've got combination/ oily skin. However, I think my skin has changed and this no longer works for me. It no longer blends well and sits on my skin. I still think it's a good product for oily skin.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

from

15 years ago

Recently bought this foundation in Banane 01 and though I was sceptical of this yellowish shade it really is amazing! I have been wearing LM oil free in a mixture of Warm Ivory and Porcelain because I had to mix the two to get the right color. T. LeClerc perfectly matches my skin tone once it's on and it covers previous acne marks and melasma better than anything I have used. The one downside is that you have to pat this on as it dries rather quickly and you have to moisturize and exfoliate otherwise it shows your flakies. But those are things one should be doing anyway. It also lasts all day everyday, even in extremely hot and humid weather. Great product!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

15 years ago

I have a;; the products from T.LeClerc en I really am addicted to it! I have read your comments about this product but when you buy this product, please ask the seller how to use it because you can't put it on your face and expect that it's perfect. And it is ONLY for very very oily skin! For normal to dry skin T.LeClerc has got another foundation. So for me it's perfect and works great!

SkinNormal

EyesBlue

2.0

16 years ago

The color was a perfect match. However, if you have dry skin it will show every single flake/dry spot on your face. Even ones you didn't know existed! If you have oily skin it might be great, but people with dry patches, stay far away!

Age25-29

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

16 years ago

I have an oily, acne-prone and very pale skin wherefore it is very hard for me to find the "right" foundation. This time I tried the fluid foundation of T.LeClerc because I read that it is recommended to acne-prone skin. Altogether I have to admit that I didn't get more pimples from it and that it lasts the whole day. The coverage is also quite good. Moreover the foundation is filled up in a nice flagon with a pump where you can pick it up hygienically. But a big drawback is the bad color selection. I used "Banane" which is the lightest color but for me it is just a little too dark. Therefore it just doesn't look natural on me and it makes me look older. Furthermore it is also not very easy to blend and to remove. I always have to clean my face twice before everything is off. I won't buy this foundation again and I can only recommend it to those who have darker skin. Additionally it is only suitable for oily skin and not for dry skin. Maybe it's for some important to know the ingredients. Ingredients: Water (Aqua) - Cyclomethicone - Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) - Dimethicone Copolyol - Propylene Glycol - Dimethicone - Silica - Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol - Rice Starch (Oryza Sativa) - Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492) - Sodium Chloride - Mica (CI 77019) - Glycerin - Lauroyl Lysine - Methylparaben - Cholesteryl Hydroxystearate - Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride - Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina) - Squalane - Stearoxy Dimethicone - Isostearyl Isostearate......

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone

EyesHazel

from

16 years ago

Yes it is hard to blend, but it really evened out my skintone and left a gorgeous matte finish to my face. Lasted all day too. Problem is, the shade I had (Banane) was all wrong for me. I may have been willing to repurchase, but now that I've found Armani MSF, I wouldn't re-purchase the T.LeClerc. Armani MSF just blows it away!

About reviewer (159 reviews)

SkinCombination