Sonia Kashuk velvety matte lip crayon

Sonia Kashuk velvety matte lip crayon
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.3

I got the shade poppy nude, a bright orange-red. The lipstick is truly matte, but not drying. It feels very light in the lips, oddly drying to a thin, wax-like seal. I don't mind the resulting texture (because it feels so light) and i think that it contributes to the longevity if the lipstick. The color remains bright for up to 4 strong hours, but stays solidly on throughout the day. Touching up is no hassle; the lipstick does not cake. Did I mention it's gorgeously matte?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are so similar to the Nars lip pencils it's scary! The shades are lovely and range from nudes to darker reds, very on-trend colors. These lip pencils are matte but don't feel like they are drying out your lips- as other reviewers have said they feel more balmy but appear to be very matte. The color lasts for a long time- comparable to the Nars imo. For a fraction of the price of the Nars pencils I think these are a great bargain!

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I own a bunch of the NARS Matte Velvet Lip Pencils. Allow me to explain to you the *only* reason I prefer NARS' version - their shades are more "pale-friendly". Other than that, I'd be reaching for the Sonia Kashuk Velvety Matte Lip Crayons if I were darker than NW/NC15.

The formulas are very similar. I am *not* a fan of the matte lip trend. To be honest it just looks ugly to me and nobody needs to see my premature granny lips dried out by a lip color. These however, do not dry out your lips. They are balmy, yet have a matte finish. The pigmentation is pretty good too!

My favorite shade is Pinky Nude. That is my favorite shade because it's the lightest of her line. Unfortunately even then, it's still a medium warm nude/pink hue on me. Perhaps Pinky Nude will be perfect when I have a spray tan applied.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Poppy Nude. It is a very nice orangy color. It is a bit drying with time. The color lasts and lasts though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These have been slightly revamped and have more modern black packaging. I have some of the NARS pencils, but I prefer the SK shade range and price (except for the NARS reds). There are too many similarities to tell them apart sometimes. Both brands have shades that vary with pigment, but you can build the color easily. I don't have anything bad to say about them. The lasting power is about the same as the NARS version without lip liner.

Poppy Nude- an intense red orange that is opaque and still a soft matte.

*new* Spicy Nude- exactly as it says. A brown nude with some 90's spice.

*new* Rasberry Nude- a pink/fuchsia rose color.

Mulberry Nude- an rosy brown.

Love this product! This was my first product from Sonia Kashuk and i absolutely love it. The colour is nude and nice for everyday however am i the only one who does not like the smell of it? I hate the smell of it. Its really off/cheesy. Let me know if you're having the same problem and if so what can i do to avoid that.

As other reviewers have said, I am surprised that this lip crayon hasn't garnered more reviews! As much as I love high-end products, from time to time, I stumble into my local Target and find certain products that just do the trick at a fourth of the cost. This lip crayon is one of them! The entire Sonia Kashuk line is affordable, high-quality, and provides an excellent array of items.

I bought this lip crayon in Pinky Nude and it is such a beautiful pigmented color on my lips. The finish is matte and it allows you to draw on bigger, fuller lips. I love matte lip products, and this crayon just does that and it stays on for a long time. I do have to touch up during the day, as is expected for lip products, but so far I am loving it and will definitely be repurchasing!

on 9/1/2014 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am really surprised there are not more reviews (raves) of this product.

I have it in Rosey Nude, which is a medium, soft red. It's a red for people who are afraid of reds (like me).

I just adore this lip pencil so much. It instantly brightens up my face (light to medium with yellow undertone), without screaming "look at me, I'm wearing red lipcolor!"

The texture is very smooth, with a matte finish. I usually put on a lipbalm, wait a couple of minutes, blot off the excess, then apply this.

I press my lips together a couple of times to get the color into my lips. Then I don't have to worry about it smearing, or getting on my teeth (my #1 fear when wearing a dark or bright lip color).

on 8/24/2013 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

These are great dupes of Nars jumbo lip pencils! Rosen nude is a bright red lip color, great to wear alone or I prefer to use at as somewhat of a lip primer under my favorite red matte lipstick. It has a soft texture, glides on very smoothly, and doesn't cake up!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Saw it in the store and just felt like testing out more matte products from other companies. Really drying when I applied it it felt rough. Doesn't really go on evenly and I just wasn't really happy it was a waste of 8 dollars for me. Plus it didn't even stay on long.

Popular Lips Products