benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

Filtered by eye Color : Green
benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

I liked the compactness of bronzer, that's it matte and applied well but the shade was no a good fit for my warm skin so wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I love this bronzer and really love that is more matte which is really hard to find these days. The color is light and natural, not too orangey. It goes on the skin beautifully as well.

I took off a star because Benefit is not a cruelty free brand and Im trying to go more cruelty free. If they went cruelty free this would be my go to bronzer.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I feel so left out with this product. I REALLY wanted to like it but it just makes me look dirty, muddy, etc. I was looking for something a little less time-intensive that my Clinque Bronzer for Men which, incidentally, is the best, most natural looking bronzer on the planet, at least for me. I've never tried ANYTHING that appeared more natural on the skin. But I always feel like it renders my sunscreen ineffective and really wanted a powder to just sweep across my forehead, cheeks and nose. Guerlain Terracotta is an icon but finding the right color has proved difficult.

on 8/13/2018 8:03:00 PM

For the price, this bronzer is not worth it. It does not suit light or even light-medium skin tones that well, and wears off all too easily. I also find it on my clothes all the time and it's difficult to get out. I do like the light texture of the product, and the packaging is very cute. It also looks natural on my olive-skinned friend (I'm very jealous.) Avoid if you have fair skin, but otherwise, buy!

on 7/26/2018 11:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I read so much hype about this. I honestly thought this is for very fair caucasian girls based on color i saw online but I am tan and this looks awesome on me. I bought the small one and its still with me, i dont use it daily but itll last forever, just hard to get into if you use a brush to get into the mini. The mini brush it comes with is terrible.
This is a natural flush look, very natural, no shimmer. Can be layered. Def try a mini if your on the fence.

Tarte's Park Avenue Princess has been my go-to bronzer for years but lately I've been finding that it doesn't play well with my base products. I decided to try Hoola because it looked similar to Park Avenue Princess in color/depth, according to Google images. So far, I love this! I'm around NC10 and this bronzer is very flattering on my skin. It's very similar to Park Avenue Princess but it seems to be a bit more yellow. It can make me look orange if I go overboard but I don't feel like I have to be careful when I apply this and it doesn't take much blending. I like to apply it with the Real Techniques blush brush, which works perfectly. My one complaint is the packaging. The Hoola theme is cute but I'm not a fan of the boxed blush concept from Benefit. The containers get beat up pretty easily and excess powder gets trapped in the box, which sometimes leads to too much product on my brush. I'm willing to overlook the packaging though because the color and formula is so nice. I purchased a mini size for $15 and I plan on purchasing the full size once I'm finished.

on 3/29/2018 7:54:00 AM

This contains ethylhexyl palmitate, a comedogenic chemical that broke me out TERRIBLY where I used the bronzer, don’t buy this if you have acne prone skin!!!

on 1/19/2018 6:33:00 AM

Hate benefits high prices but this bronzer is worth the splurge. Blends out very easily. Love the colour, I guess this should work for a lot of skin tones. I'm quite pale, but this doesn't look muddy or 'too much' on me. I've been using this product past 3 years (lol shame on my right) and it's still pigmented, still blends out nicely and I still love it. When I finally hit pan, I'll 100% repurchase.

on 11/19/2017 6:41:00 PM

I bought this after reading so many good reviews on the bronzer. Its dark, but not oh god, I’m looking like dorrito. The key is a little goes a long way. Hate the brush. Hate the packing. The pan is magentic so I rip it out of the container and put it in my daily z palette.

on 9/11/2017 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My 12 (nearly 13) year old tween has been begging and pleading for Hoola, so I caved and got her the mini size for $15 plus tax at Ulta (full size is $29). She loves it, I find it muddy - however her skin tone is 2 - 3 shades darker than mine and she tans easily. I will stick with Mac Golden for my PPP office-ridden aging mom-skin.

For my kid? It's fine. Pricey but fine.