benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

on 7/20/2018 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of my favourite bronzers because there is absolutely no shimmer. Goes on nicely and works very well for my light-medium skin tone.

The brush that comes with is pretty useless. Use a proper makeup brush.

on 5/30/2018 2:55:00 AM

This is a really hyped up product in my opinion. I've purchased and returned it on two different occasions and have found it to go on patchy and look muddy both times. In contrast, Benefit's Rockateur blush has been my HG blush for years. I don't know what it is about Hoola that makes it look so unpleasant on my skin. I also don't like the undertones. I find it super orange, so it doesn't work for me as a contour. For that, I use Smashbox sticks and power products, NXY blush in Taupe, Kevyn Aucoin's Sculpting Contour Powder (that one is a bit pricey) and I've also used MAC's Emote in the past. So I suppose neutral and cool toned contours work best on me. As a bronzer, I much prefer Rimmel's far cheaper, drug store bronzers. I've also used PF's Butter Bronzer as well as Laguna by Nars. I enjoyed all of those more than Hoola. I know that some swear by it, so maybe it's a matter of having a specific skin type/undertones. It certainly doesn't work for everyone.

I initially got the small packaging as I wanted to test it before getting the large one. A little goes a gong way and long story short after hitting the pan on the small one I bought the full size. This gives me a nice healthy glow and it surprisingly lasts a lot on my face.

on 1/23/2018 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing and my essential bronzer! its not too harsh, it gives you a natural, sunkissed look... the brush it comes with sucks but it's cute, the name, packaging, everything about this product is so cute

I am not sure how I feel about this product. Although I have a light to medium complexion, during summer, I don't think that using this bronzer really makes a difference. Also, its neutral undertone, makes me want to use it as a countour only because otherwise I feel like it makes me look almost ashy. The formula is very nice and I believe it is well priced, especially if you get it within one of those sets. I don't regret buying this product but I don't think I would be repurchasing.

on 11/19/2017 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love the undertone of this bronzer, the finish and the blendability. I can use this to contour lightly and bronze up my skin in one step. Even the brush is really good. I think the packaging could be a tad more luxe, but I wear this daily.

on 9/25/2017 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

My favourite bronzer. Quite pricey.

on 7/2/2017 6:58:00 PM

I really like this bronzer. It's a good color that I think would work on most people, and it blends very easily. Comes in super cute packaging with an effective little brush, too, although I'm sure higher-quality brushes may work better.

While I may try some other bronzers before repurchasing, I would definitely repurchase this one. It can take my color from pale to tan and healthy in no time flat.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is fantastic, universal, matte bronzer that applies evenly and smoothly.

It has quickly become my HG because of this.

I apply it after foundation, before baking my face.

Leaves a very natural, bronzed look without looking fake.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I just started using this bronzer as a contour shade, and although I like the color and the fact that it's matte, I do have a couple of things that bother me about this product:

1. The packaging - I can't fit my brush into it properly. I wish it was in a compact like MAC powders.
2. The color is very pigmented - you have to watch how much you put on your brush - you also have to blend properly.

I'm gonna finish the bronzer but I think I'll be trying something else next time.

May 13, 2017 update:

This ish made my skin break out like crazy after about a month of using it. I gave it to my friend :/