benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Wow nobody ever got bronzer/contour just in the right way. This is so pigmented, yet if u go light on the hand you’re able to create natural contours. The colour is amazingly suitable for all skin tones to contour, it’s also very easy to blend. I don’t like the brush provided inside, I think the surface area is too small to create a good contour. I use my own contour brush. But this is a good value. I bought the mini one and took about half a year to finish it on daily use.

This iconic product has let me down because I found the color to appear so red on my face and the packaging is not so nice in that it is so inconvenient to thrust a large brush into the pan. I’d rather have a big pan. But hoola does blend nicely.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

the colour looks beautiful on my medium-tanned skin, and i find that it blends well. the brush that comes with the product is pretty much useless though. it’s quite pricey for what it’s worth, but i got the mini version and i’m still using it after 6 months. one problem about this bronzer is it will be barely there after 4-6 hours of application on my oily skin. other than that, it’s a good bronzer and worth the hype imo.

on 7/1/2017 3:03:00 PM

Runs orange/muddy on me and broke me out...i'm around nc30. Very disappointed.

I tried the tiny version of it, and I have to say I am impressed with this product. It is really pigmented, but it's also easy to blend. The best thing about Hoola is that it's not glittery. The price of the normal size version is quite high, but it definitely lasts a long time. I probably won't buy it again as it's not a cruelty free product, but that's my personal choice.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My twisted love affair for this bronzer started 3 years ago. Upon first use, I hated it. I gave it away without a second thought. I then repurchased it a year later on an accidental whim (I thought that I was purchasing a different product), got home tried with with a different brush and enjoyed the natural bronze look.

Im not one of those girls that relies on makeup to make me look like I just got back from vacation. So this bronzer is right up my alley. I read reviews from woman around my skintone and it blows my mind.

I wear the following foundation shades:
MAC NC42
MUFE Ultra Hd 153/Y405 (summer i mix a drop or two of Y415)
Nars Syracuse

My ideal brush to use this product is something like the Bobbi Brown Blush Brush. Something with give, but slight density to pick up the product.

I also dont mind the packaging. There is a but of kick up if you RUB THE BRUSH IN THE PRODUCT. But I'm a swipe-tapper. I dont swirl my brush in bronzer. And before I apply to my face, I just tap INTO THE BOX. There's less waste and no mess.

All in all I like this product.

on 11/7/2016 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was so in love with this bronzer at first. I love it because the colour is not too orange for me. However, my nightmare started after using it for a few months, it broke me out. Now, I have 2 lines of pimples on my cheeks where I usually applied this bronzer.

on 7/16/2016 12:06:00 AM

This is my baby! Ive been using this bronzer powder to contour since forever. It my go to. Its buildable and blendable and perfect for beginners on contouring.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hoola was the first bronzer I've ever tried, and I can say that I've been happy with it since I purchased it two years ago.

Since then, I have not tried any other powder bronzers because this one is a good color match for me, and it doesn't break me out at all. Unfortunately, my oily skin tends to eat up a lot of it, and by the end of the day it's gone. This is mostly because I live in a tropical country and the humidity makes my skin more oily than usual.

I use this with a contour brush, not the one that comes with the package. The brush with the package feels rough and I can never get it to look nice on me. The packaging itself feels flimsy and cheap, but it's easy to travel with, so I don't really have any complaints.

Overall, I will probably not try other bronzers since I break out so easily, unless a makeup artist really recommends something.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This bronzer looks good on me. I like it that it comes with a mini brush. The color is natural if you blend it right. But the staying power is not that good in my opinion. It only lasts for 3 or 4 hours on me