benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

Great product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing colour and blends really nicely. I have fair skin and this doesn't look orange on me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Hoola is considered a classic at this point, but it just does not do it for me. I find the undertone to be kinda weird--like a neutral yellow--on my skin. I also 100% hate the packaging and the brush, but that's not really going to affect the quality of the product. Overall, I think it is just a so-so bronzer that looks weird and muddy on my skin in really unfortunate packaging.

on 2/2/2018 8:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have pretty fair skin and this bronzer just looked too warm on me. Very muddy, even when applying a very subtle amount. I think I will stick with my ABH in fawn or Kevyn Aucoin’s medium.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Not recommended for yellow skin tones, looks ridiculously pink on my skin. Yellow/olive people go and buy Bahama mama by the balm.

Great bronzer for anyone cool toned. I also use the Hoola Lite in the winter when I'm a little paler or just want a wash and not as much definition. I have used this as contour because it's so cool toned so it's pretty versatile and even someone warm toned could use this. It never looks streaky or patchy and always goes on smooth. I will say the packaging is super annoying and bulky though for the amount of product you get. I can't easily stack or lay it in drawers with my other bronzers/contour and you can only go in with a brush straight down. If I want to pick up color on just the side of a brush, it's impossible. I usually depot this and the Lite and keep them in a Z Palette for that exact reason.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I adore this bronzer. I have fairer skin, nc20 in the winter and nc25 in the summer (if I'm lucky lol) and this color looks really natural and lasts all day. I apply it with a fan brush to disperse it evenly and lightly across my face and that really helps it to look natural. This to me is the exact same product as tf chocolate soleil without the strong smell, so I will continue purchasing it over the latter. Packaging is flimsy and cheap, but it does hold up. This bronzer doesn't crease on me or look ashy throughout the day, very pretty glow without any annoying sparkle or shimmer.

on 3/31/2017 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a great contour color. That said, I don't contour very often because it's not one of my better makeup skills. It's not overwhelming on my fairly light skin and it blends well.

on 3/19/2017 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love this bronzer, as it is so easy to blend and the pigment works perfectly on my skin tone. The brush it comes with is pretty useless for me, because of the size and the shape of the handle and bristles. Overall a good buy!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

For my very pale nc15 skin this is just too dark. I find it virtually impossible to apply without looking muddy and like Lindsay Lohan in that infamous courtroom photo. It is completely matte, which is great, and very pigmented. Using a dual fibre brush has helped, as for the cost I was determined to like this, but I usually revert to my Rimmel matte bronzer which I don't have to be so careful with when applying.