benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

3.2

on 2/2/2018 8:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have pretty fair skin and this bronzer just looked too warm on me. Very muddy, even when applying a very subtle amount. I think I will stick with my ABH in fawn or Kevyn Aucoin’s medium.

on 7/24/2015 6:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is incredibly hyped up. Is it worth it? I'm not sure, truth be told, but the colour is fabulous (a very neutral bronze shade, perfect for everyday use) on pale skins. What I particularly like about the product is that it is a very soft powder that glides onto the skin with ease, however, due to this you do have to watch you don't pick up/apply too much when contouring the skin. All good things said, this product *may* have broken me out causing red bumps *only* in the areas I had applied the powder. Additionally, another gripe with the product is the packaging. Looks cute and quirky but ultimately, not very cleverly designed. A sturdy compact similar to MAC/Estee Lauder powders/bronzers would've been much more effective.

PROS
Fabulous neutral bronze shade suitable for even the palest of skins
Soft powder, easy to apply - great colour pay off!

CONS
Terrible packaging - a deep, awkward square shape made of, what seems like, tough cardboard - not ideal for 'on the go'
A little on the expensive side
Broke me out and made me itch

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Despite reading all the positive reviews i really DONT like this bronzer.... its way too dark and goes on very very patchy... way too pigmented.... im fair skinned, so maybe it would work better on people with olive skin tone... but this is a definite no for me!

on 2/27/2014 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Aaaaw, Benefit Hula, I feel so nostalgic about this product, it's incredible, fantastic for all skin tones, I use it at least twice a week and have done so for years, the only thing that bugs me as that i can't fit my NARS ita brush inside the box when trying to contour.

on 3/20/2012 10:48:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Kinky, Medium

I love love love this bronzer ! I really like to contour but could never get it quite right, it always looked fake or like I was dirty (lol). I tried NYX Taupe, Mac Harmony Blush and UD Buck and Buck worked the best but it was in my Naked palette and quite small so wasn't good for that. Hoola is just perfect for my fair skin (NC15-20) but I still have to be careful cause you can definitely apply too much since its really pigmented. But it's just the perfect color, not too grey or orange.If you're not sure you'll like it and don't wanna waste 30$+ maybe try to get a mini size on Ebay (make sure to check the feedback of the seller to see if its genuine), that's what I did. It cost me 7$ and you get a pretty good amount, I used it everyday and it took me 5 months to finish it.

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

Luckily i recieved this in a free gift. Im not dissing the product itself hence the quite high lippy score. It just wasnt for me unfortunately, Im too fair skinned to pull this off. When i *did* use it, it was way too dark and looked muddy on me, wheras my mum is using it now and it looks lovely on her!!! This is much more for darker skin tones than pal :)

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

bought this after dropping and smashing my usual bronzer cos i couldnt afford my usual (christian dior €37 ) at the time..must say i dont really like it, it sticks to your face whether your makeu'ps dry or wet.
not a very natural colour and very powdery looking? I have benefit dandelion blusher which I really like thats why I went for hoola but I defo wont be purchasing again

on 12/30/2010 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

It suited my skin tone well but after wearing it for a day, I got a nasty red rash around my eyes and on the cheekbones where I wore it. This was the first time in human history that my skin reacted to a makeup product: it is usually quite sensitive but it has born a huge amount of makeup and skincare products I put on it through the years with grace and dignity. Not this one. Hoola makes me rather wary of the entire Benefit range. I haven't bought anything from them since then.

on 10/2/2009 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

As with pinchopeach's review below, I found the colour was strangely flat on me and looked a bit ordinary although I could still use it OK. Such a pity as almost everything else about it is good - colour (no red/orange undertones), pigmentation, soft texture, and matteness. The packaging is inconvenient and would be better as a mirror compact. The brush is softer than it looks, and if it wasn't the shape that it was, it might be OK to use although it sheds a lot. This is a really good bronzer though and I'm disappointed it didn't suit me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Despite BeneFit's lack of seriousness in the cosmetic world, they have created several key items I can't imagine straying from. The blush-bronzer squares are such items (along with High Beam and Babe Cake eyeliner). I have used Dandelion for years; Georgia came next, and now finally, after noticing my normally fair skin is going more golden this year, Hoola. I don't wear foundation because I'm allergic to most but these powders don't irritate my reactive skin - a reason for me to be faithful to a brand. I like Hoola applied under a touch of Dandelion... skin looks flawless... You can overdo Hoola, like any bronzer. For me, (LLL), less really is more. The girl I bought this off had made her fake-tanned skin look blotchy and muddy with this product. I recommend using it without foundation and in moderation... but what a great colour and texture when you make it work!