benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.3

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm not sure what took me so long to pick this up, but glad I finally did! I love this bronzer. It doesn't have any Vegas-level shimmer, so I can use it knowing it will look good in daylight. My skin is very olive and my eyes and hair are dark - this product looks great on my skin tone, but can see it working for a range of tones. I don't use the little applicator brush that comes with it, I use a big fluffy bronzer brush instead, and I use it at the end of my makeup application to give me a bronzy glow. Love this stuff, it's now the only bronzer I use.

on 6/20/2017 11:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Do I even need to write a review? Everyone already knows this is the shiz.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I adore this bronzer. I have fairer skin, nc20 in the winter and nc25 in the summer (if I'm lucky lol) and this color looks really natural and lasts all day. I apply it with a fan brush to disperse it evenly and lightly across my face and that really helps it to look natural. This to me is the exact same product as tf chocolate soleil without the strong smell, so I will continue purchasing it over the latter. Packaging is flimsy and cheap, but it does hold up. This bronzer doesn't crease on me or look ashy throughout the day, very pretty glow without any annoying sparkle or shimmer.

on 4/11/2017 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Being a fair skinned gal who doesn't tan I've never been interested in bronzers since I though they would look fake and unnatural on me. Enter hoola. This is truly amazing and applies so smoothly. Just a light sweep along the temples, bridge of the nose, forehead, jawline and neck brings my face color back to life without looking dark or orangey. Pigmentation is huge so be sure to tap before applying. I personally prefer more gray shades than Hoola for contouring but that's me. So glad I tried it!

on 3/31/2017 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a great contour color. That said, I don't contour very often because it's not one of my better makeup skills. It's not overwhelming on my fairly light skin and it blends well.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My twisted love affair for this bronzer started 3 years ago. Upon first use, I hated it. I gave it away without a second thought. I then repurchased it a year later on an accidental whim (I thought that I was purchasing a different product), got home tried with with a different brush and enjoyed the natural bronze look.

Im not one of those girls that relies on makeup to make me look like I just got back from vacation. So this bronzer is right up my alley. I read reviews from woman around my skintone and it blows my mind.

I wear the following foundation shades:
MAC NC42
MUFE Ultra Hd 153/Y405 (summer i mix a drop or two of Y415)
Nars Syracuse

My ideal brush to use this product is something like the Bobbi Brown Blush Brush. Something with give, but slight density to pick up the product.

I also dont mind the packaging. There is a but of kick up if you RUB THE BRUSH IN THE PRODUCT. But I'm a swipe-tapper. I dont swirl my brush in bronzer. And before I apply to my face, I just tap INTO THE BOX. There's less waste and no mess.

All in all I like this product.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is a great matte bronzer that we fair complexion girls can use for contouring, too. It goes on smoothly without streaking and is nicely pigmented, so a little goes a long way.

The box packaging is a bit odd and the brush is ridiculous (gave it to my little granddaughter for 'pretend'), but I never use the brushes that come with bronzers/blushes anyway.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Pretty much anyone who's into makeup has at least tried Hoola at some point, which is why it's a little surprising to me I'm just getting around to using this 15 years into the game.
I picked up a half-sized version of this at Sephora mainly because I came to the realization I didn't have any matte bronzers and we are heading into Fall.
This is probably the best bronzer I've used, mainly because it is perfect for my skintone, not too subtle or too dark, and the matte texture is very creamy and understated when it's applied under a contoured look, as a "transition" color. It's not super warm toned, which means no orange streaks, and it's not chalky or streaky, meaning no mud-face.
The packaging is super cute, which is par for the course with Benefit, and although it comes with a brush I use my own.
The price isn't low, but it is definitely a good quality product that will satisfy many customers, and also easy to find as Benefit is available at Macy's, Sephora, Ulta, etc. There may be comparable matte bronzers that cost less, but owing to how pleased I am with this I'm sure I'll be buying it again and again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

the texture and color of this stuff is amazing - it's so subtle and adds just enough glow to fake being healthy (in my case). the color is perfect for pale babes (I wear nars foundation in montblanc) however, it broke me out pretty seriously everywhere I used it! i.e. along the bottom of my cheekbones, my hairline, etc. I wanted to love it but I am hesitant to use it now...probably returning it.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse