benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.2

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I love this bronzer and really love that is more matte which is really hard to find these days. The color is light and natural, not too orangey. It goes on the skin beautifully as well.

I took off a star because Benefit is not a cruelty free brand and Im trying to go more cruelty free. If they went cruelty free this would be my go to bronzer.

on 7/20/2018 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of my favourite bronzers because there is absolutely no shimmer. Goes on nicely and works very well for my light-medium skin tone.

The brush that comes with is pretty useless. Use a proper makeup brush.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

the colour looks beautiful on my medium-tanned skin, and i find that it blends well. the brush that comes with the product is pretty much useless though. it’s quite pricey for what it’s worth, but i got the mini version and i’m still using it after 6 months. one problem about this bronzer is it will be barely there after 4-6 hours of application on my oily skin. other than that, it’s a good bronzer and worth the hype imo.

I love this product, you can use it both as a bronzer and a contour powder. It is a very pigmented product a little goes a long way to create a perfect natural look. I have a light to medium skin tone and it suits my skin perfectly. The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging it is ok but it seems to get very dirty on the outside as it is made from cardboard. However it is a wonderful product overall.

First of all, the cute (albeit cheap) cardboard packaging is no good. Assuming that it takes (on average) a few years to pan a powder, I am pretty sure the cardboard packaging will become tattered and ratty looking overtime unless you take extremely good care of it. I also think that the box might be too small and the sides too high for people who like to swirl their large powder brushes in their bronzers. Since I tap into my powders those factors are only a slight annoyance, but for others, it might impact how much they enjoy using this product.

This is a decent bronzer but is not the correct shade for my face. It is a bit too orange to look natural on my NC20 depth skin, so I started searching for slightly cooler-toned dupes. I read online that the Sephora Collection Bronzer Powder in the shade "03 Los Cabos" is supposedly a very close dupe for this (but slightly cooler) and is a bit cheaper. So I bought it to compare - I made swatches on my arm, and on my face with a fluffy powder brush. Los Cabos is a bit less orange and is slightly browner (though I'm not sure if that qualifies as being cooler) than Hoola. Hoola is also the stiffer powder and I found Hoola takes just a bit more effort to blend out for some reason. In terms of pigmentation, I think they are both the same, i.e., buildable. Around the 6 hour mark, I find that this bronzer tends to fade considerably on my combo-oily skin.

Overall this is a decent bronzer, it's just not for me. I hope my review will help other people out there who found this bronzer to be a bit too orange for them.

on 11/28/2017 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Two words: oompa loompa.

I actually hate this product. The bronzer is way too orange toned and it's very easy to look like an oompa loompa. Along with that, this product, like all of Benefit's boxed powders, kind of goes bad quickly. Like, the product is still technically useable, but after maybe six months their powders get very powdery and application becomes patchy. Not worth it in my opinion, even if the shade does suit your skintone.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It is one of the best bronzing powder I have ever own. it sit on my skin so smooth and give a very natural bronze finish. It really worth the money. the only downside of this bronzer is the brush which when you apply it comes off and bit harsh on skin. It could have been a better quality. Otherwise I definitely recommend it to others.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Favourite go-to bronzer, actually this is the only bronzer I use! Picked it up at Sephora a few years ago and have never looked back! Benefits best product! Not too dark and not too light on my skin that gets lighter and darker during seasons. Hoola is definitely worth the hype and money!

on 5/10/2017 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The colour just has too much of a greyish/ashen cast to it to look natural on my fair and neutral-to-cool toned skin and tends to make me look grubby without a lot of effort and mixing with other products. Does not make my face look more vibrant and alive and sunkissed like what I ideally want in a bronzer, just darker and grubbier. Some warm-toned people have commented that since it's grey toned it must be suited to cooler toned skin. This is incorrect; when cooler toned skin tans naturally it does NOT look grey it looks like a more reddish pink toned tan. I will say the colour payoff is fantastic and the texture is really nice and buttery so this product isn't all bad. It's probably good when used as a contour rather than a bronzer, but having super dry skin I prefer a crème contour; and anyway Hoola is marketed as a bronzer, not a contour, so my score is for how good it is as a bronzer.