benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

on 7/10/2018 11:22:00 AM

Went on patchy, wore patchy. I really dislike the cardboard box packaging. I like a big brush for bronzer for a diffused natural look and I could barely get the brush in the box. Shade was meh but the patchy wear of it really killed it.

I love nars laguna and Bobbi brown bronzers. I find the formula much more superior to this

on 3/29/2018 7:54:00 AM

This contains ethylhexyl palmitate, a comedogenic chemical that broke me out TERRIBLY where I used the bronzer, don’t buy this if you have acne prone skin!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The absolute best bronzer. I have olive/Mediterranean coloring, but avoid taking sun at all costs. I always apply a translucent powder to set my tinted moisturizer and then chase it with an overall dusting of Hoola. So natural looking.

Do not waste your money on trying other bronzers--and look out for the Benefit vending machines at airports, should you forget your Hoola at home...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The only bronzer I swear by. Looks brown not orange, doesn't look muddy and applies really easy as it's super pigmented!! A little goes a long way.

on 11/7/2016 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was so in love with this bronzer at first. I love it because the colour is not too orange for me. However, my nightmare started after using it for a few months, it broke me out. Now, I have 2 lines of pimples on my cheeks where I usually applied this bronzer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- great undertone, very neutral. wouldn't use this as contour even though it runs on the cool side because being a BRONZER, it still has some warmth to it. you don't have to go to art school to know that shadows aren't meant to look orange
- finely milled, won't make your face look like the Sahara Desert

CONS:
- what is with Benefit and their cardboard packaging, I did not pay this amount of money to get a block of powder encased in reinforced paper

on 10/7/2016 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Was so skeptical about buying this but it's worth every hype it's received! I Love it! Best bronzer I've used till date. It also last so long and doesn't look ashy. Although its packaging could be a lot better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Its matte has a neutral tone and works good to be honest. I just think that for that price you can go out and buy ten rimmel, nyx, essence matte bronzers which won't work very different than this if you find the undertone you desire. I recommend that you try the NYC Sunny Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder before buying this to save 25 dollars or something. Other than that this is a good product for those who wanna spend a little money on cosmetics, I can't complain.

on 6/14/2016 12:42:00 PM

I really like hoola. I remember getting it a few years ago when contouring wasn't really a thing yet so I wasn't that into it. I decided to try it again a few months ago and have used it almost everyday and am starting to hit pan. I like that it is a nice, matte brown color. I use it to contour around my face and my nose, and I even will use it as a crease color from time to time. I also like that it continues to show even though I am quite tan. I do think $30 is a lot but I would still probably repurchase when I use it all up.

on 5/30/2016 1:50:00 AM

Hands down HG bronzer for me! I love the colour and the fact that its not shimmery, meaning i can use it every day without looking too full on! Having said that its also suitable for night time make up as its really build-able. I actually did my make up the other night for a night out and realised at the end my face was waaaaay to pale, so i just got a big fluffy brush and swept this across my entire face and problem solved!

I have super pale skin and this colour is fine for me, I also used it on my friend and her skin a quite a few shades darker than me, as i said its really build-able.

the brush it comes with is good and fine for me to use, the packaging however could be improved, its made out of cardboard and its getting little rips in the lid...

overall I will 100% be repurchasing this when i run out