benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

3.8

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I feel so left out with this product. I REALLY wanted to like it but it just makes me look dirty, muddy, etc. I was looking for something a little less time-intensive that my Clinque Bronzer for Men which, incidentally, is the best, most natural looking bronzer on the planet, at least for me. I've never tried ANYTHING that appeared more natural on the skin. But I always feel like it renders my sunscreen ineffective and really wanted a powder to just sweep across my forehead, cheeks and nose. Guerlain Terracotta is an icon but finding the right color has proved difficult.

on 7/28/2017 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

this is honestly the best bronzer at first i was like 30 is kinda a lot but it's really not bc it's a really nice bronzer & i love the finish. it's not orangey and doesnt look muddy just the perfect bronze look. this is so amazing. fuck i love it so much.

on 5/10/2017 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The colour just has too much of a greyish/ashen cast to it to look natural on my fair and neutral-to-cool toned skin and tends to make me look grubby without a lot of effort and mixing with other products. Does not make my face look more vibrant and alive and sunkissed like what I ideally want in a bronzer, just darker and grubbier. Some warm-toned people have commented that since it's grey toned it must be suited to cooler toned skin. This is incorrect; when cooler toned skin tans naturally it does NOT look grey it looks like a more reddish pink toned tan. I will say the colour payoff is fantastic and the texture is really nice and buttery so this product isn't all bad. It's probably good when used as a contour rather than a bronzer, but having super dry skin I prefer a crème contour; and anyway Hoola is marketed as a bronzer, not a contour, so my score is for how good it is as a bronzer.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I WANTED THIS TO WORK,BUT UNLESS I WANT ORANGE BRONZER ALL OVER MY FACE NOT,THIS STUFF IS JUST ORANGE TO RUST COLOR,NOT TO MENTION WAY TO MUCH FOR THAT AMOUNT OF MAKEUP YOU GET,I RECOMMEND PHYSICIANS FORMULA BRONZER VEIL THAT COLOR AND FINISH IS FLAWLESS, AIRBRUSHED LOOKING AND BROWN LIKE A TAN,READ MY OTHER REVIEWS.

on 2/11/2016 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'd always read about this legendary bronzer but there was previously no benefit in South Africa.. when benefit did launch I went straight to buy this bronzer! I have quite dry skin, maybe even a little flakey. But naturally I use foundations that make my skin glow and moisturize. When it comes to contouring I'm always skeptical about using powders. So the first time I used it, I was wary as it was quite pricey. But it was truly worth every cent! It did not make my skin more dry, it's no some flaky powder. The brush creates the perfect contour line, it's foolproof really. I use this when I'm in a hurry with my Mary Lou highlighter and it looks perfect. I love the packaging, very convienient. I will repurchase this very soon! Also even if you do liquid contouring I have the Anastasia cream kit. And I go over my contour with this powder to set it all in. This is the only powder bronzer I'll ever use, it's that good :) and it's pretty basic also there's no shimmer which I appreciate.

on 11/10/2015 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I adore this bronzer, it's a perfect colour. It's a cool brown, not too dark for my very pale skin, and I imagine it's the sort of colour that would work for everyone, providing your skin is lighter than it. It's very pigmented, a great contour, and long-lasting too!

There are quite a few down-sides, but as long as you know how to use it, it's fine!
•blending- it doesn't blend all too well, so you have to be quite precise and light-handed with it.
•bronzing- it's not all that great for bronzing, sadly. It can make you look quite mucky (I found), so I use it strictly for contouring, which it's great for!
•packaging- it's packaged in a cardboard box, and leaves a lot to be desired... It can get battered and stained quite easily, and it's hard to get a larger brush inside it. It's also excessively bulky.

It's an expensive product, but because it's so pigmented, you really don't use much, so it's long-lasting and great value, as it's such a good product, minus the packaging!

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hmmmm I don't really know how I feel about this product. The color is beautiful. The packaging is cute. But I don't know. I don't understand why everyone loves it so much. I found that it wasn't very long wearing and as someone who does not "retouch" throughout the day this is a big problem. I found that it applied and blended beautifully but if throughout the day I accidentally touched anywhere where I had applied it would swipe off easily. With that being said if you are looking for a beautiful extremely affordable long wearing matte bronzer, try the rimmel natural bronzer.

on 1/13/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG bronzer. I have been using this for years and I absolutely love it. It is a great color for me, it doesn't look muddy or dirty and it doesn't have any sparkling bits in it! I can not stand have sparkles in my bronzer or blush. Nice fine texture, super cute packaging and it lasts a long time for me, since I don't use it every single day. Totally worth it for the money.

on 2/27/2014 4:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Aaaaw, Benefit Hula, I feel so nostalgic about this product, it's incredible, fantastic for all skin tones, I use it at least twice a week and have done so for years, the only thing that bugs me as that i can't fit my NARS ita brush inside the box when trying to contour.

on 2/9/2014 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

At first I didn't like it (probably cause I didn't know how to contour properly) but now I love it. Great product but quite expensive.