benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I feel so left out with this product. I REALLY wanted to like it but it just makes me look dirty, muddy, etc. I was looking for something a little less time-intensive that my Clinque Bronzer for Men which, incidentally, is the best, most natural looking bronzer on the planet, at least for me. I've never tried ANYTHING that appeared more natural on the skin. But I always feel like it renders my sunscreen ineffective and really wanted a powder to just sweep across my forehead, cheeks and nose. Guerlain Terracotta is an icon but finding the right color has proved difficult.

on 3/29/2018 7:54:00 AM

This contains ethylhexyl palmitate, a comedogenic chemical that broke me out TERRIBLY where I used the bronzer, don’t buy this if you have acne prone skin!!!

on 11/28/2017 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Two words: oompa loompa.

on 7/28/2017 10:35:00 AM

I was very disappointed with this product. I bought the mini version. It's like you have too use a lot of product and its wears of really fast. So a real big no from. I don't get all the good reviews. Funny, even the salesperson didn't recommend this to me.

on 5/16/2017 8:09:00 PM

I have never understood the hype about this product. I have fair skin but I have also been very tan at different points in my life and this would never work for me even then. This is way too dark and dirty looking, super unnatural. It doesn't work for any of my friends either and we all have no idea why this is so popular. Even for contouring it's way too intense and looks off.

on 9/22/2016 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

just bought hoola bronzer... i really it because it is so matte.
just perfect for contouring the cheeks as ut has this greyish undertone. it also gives a very natural look on the face "not too orange".

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

the texture and color of this stuff is amazing - it's so subtle and adds just enough glow to fake being healthy (in my case). the color is perfect for pale babes (I wear nars foundation in montblanc) however, it broke me out pretty seriously everywhere I used it! i.e. along the bottom of my cheekbones, my hairline, etc. I wanted to love it but I am hesitant to use it now...probably returning it.

on 6/21/2016 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't like this at all. This is too cool for my skin's undertone, too light for my shade (and I ain't even that dark) and I have no idea how darker girls than me actually like this!
It is very expensive for just a bronzer and the quantity is not enough (for the price) however, the fact this comes with a brush is cool.

on 8/20/2015 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Did not like this bronzer at all. It doesn't go on easy, it's hard to blend and kind of just sticks to wear you first brush it on your face. Also, I'm fairly pale and the colour was very orange for me, definitely not a universal bronzer. Would not recommend

on 7/14/2015 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Humn, ok... guess I am odd (wo)man out on this one. I do not like this bronzer at all.

It took me a while to jump on the Hoola bandwagon - I am not a fan of Benefit products at all (never have been), and it just strikes me as odd to spend upward $30 on a product that comes in cardboard packaging. Anyhow, I was cruising Ulta today for new bronzers for summer and after about the 99,000th time the sales girl asked if she could help me, I finally gave in. She reached for the Benefit product first (which I should have known was a bad sign bc for whatever reason Ulta hocks the sh@t outta this brand). She applies it and I immediately say "I don't see anything"... She adds more and I still really am not wowed but I get swept up in the moment and end up buying it. And now I have buyers remorse.

So...here's the thing... I re-did my makeup and tried this as soon as I got home, right? I used a very good bronzing brush and I did not like the look of this. I found it to be really muddy - I did not look healthy, I looked kinda grey actually. The color is similar to my MAC Sculpt Powder (in Sculpt), which is for contouring. But I didn't buy this to contour, I bought it for bronzing. Also, this stuff makes a heckofalotta fall out, which is a total waste. I also didn't find this to be very blendable as so many others claim it to be. Another thing that I found odd: I think this looks best on pale and fair skinned folks, not medium and darker. I am only an NC30 so I thought it would work, but really it just looked like I had badly placed setting powder on that was the wrong shade.

I am not sure what gives with this bronzer, but it isn't for me. I tried to give it a fair shot but something about this in tone and formula just doesn't work. Taking this back to Ulta pronto.