BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This was the very first bronzer I ever bought and sadly I was underwhelmed. It didn't really blend the best for me and the color was a little bit too warm. I love the texture and the finish of it tho.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

the colour looks beautiful on my medium-tanned skin, and i find that it blends well. the brush that comes with the product is pretty much useless though. it’s quite pricey for what it’s worth, but i got the mini version and i’m still using it after 6 months. one problem about this bronzer is it will be barely there after 4-6 hours of application on my oily skin. other than that, it’s a good bronzer and worth the hype imo.

on 5/30/2018 2:55:00 AM

This is a really hyped up product in my opinion. I've purchased and returned it on two different occasions and have found it to go on patchy and look muddy both times. In contrast, Benefit's Rockateur blush has been my HG blush for years. I don't know what it is about Hoola that makes it look so unpleasant on my skin. I also don't like the undertones. I find it super orange, so it doesn't work for me as a contour. For that, I use Smashbox sticks and power products, NXY blush in Taupe, Kevyn Aucoin's Sculpting Contour Powder (that one is a bit pricey) and I've also used MAC's Emote in the past. So I suppose neutral and cool toned contours work best on me. As a bronzer, I much prefer Rimmel's far cheaper, drug store bronzers. I've also used PF's Butter Bronzer as well as Laguna by Nars. I enjoyed all of those more than Hoola. I know that some swear by it, so maybe it's a matter of having a specific skin type/undertones. It certainly doesn't work for everyone.

Tarte's Park Avenue Princess has been my go-to bronzer for years but lately I've been finding that it doesn't play well with my base products. I decided to try Hoola because it looked similar to Park Avenue Princess in color/depth, according to Google images. So far, I love this! I'm around NC10 and this bronzer is very flattering on my skin. It's very similar to Park Avenue Princess but it seems to be a bit more yellow. It can make me look orange if I go overboard but I don't feel like I have to be careful when I apply this and it doesn't take much blending. I like to apply it with the Real Techniques blush brush, which works perfectly. My one complaint is the packaging. The Hoola theme is cute but I'm not a fan of the boxed blush concept from Benefit. The containers get beat up pretty easily and excess powder gets trapped in the box, which sometimes leads to too much product on my brush. I'm willing to overlook the packaging though because the color and formula is so nice. I purchased a mini size for $15 and I plan on purchasing the full size once I'm finished.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing colour and blends really nicely. I have fair skin and this doesn't look orange on me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Hoola is considered a classic at this point, but it just does not do it for me. I find the undertone to be kinda weird--like a neutral yellow--on my skin. I also 100% hate the packaging and the brush, but that's not really going to affect the quality of the product. Overall, I think it is just a so-so bronzer that looks weird and muddy on my skin in really unfortunate packaging.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Really like the colour and it looked natural on my medium-tan skin. However, it broke me out. Didn't know if it's just me but I seem to have similar problem with Benefit's cheek product because Coralista broke me out too.

on 4/14/2018 7:39:00 AM

Wanted to see what the hype was and at first I loved it! However after using it a lot more its a weird colour some days it looks muddy other days it looks orange then some days it looks natural?? I bought the smaller size which makes it impossible to get product out after a few uses and mine didn’t come with the brush. I wouldn’t buy again because of the price and there’s better bronzers at the same price.

I love this product, you can use it both as a bronzer and a contour powder. It is a very pigmented product a little goes a long way to create a perfect natural look. I have a light to medium skin tone and it suits my skin perfectly. The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging it is ok but it seems to get very dirty on the outside as it is made from cardboard. However it is a wonderful product overall.

on 3/29/2018 7:54:00 AM

This contains ethylhexyl palmitate, a comedogenic chemical that broke me out TERRIBLY where I used the bronzer, don’t buy this if you have acne prone skin!!!