BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The absolute best bronzer. I have olive/Mediterranean coloring, but avoid taking sun at all costs. I always apply a translucent powder to set my tinted moisturizer and then chase it with an overall dusting of Hoola. So natural looking.

Do not waste your money on trying other bronzers--and look out for the Benefit vending machines at airports, should you forget your Hoola at home...

on 6/20/2017 11:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Do I even need to write a review? Everyone already knows this is the shiz.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Favourite go-to bronzer, actually this is the only bronzer I use! Picked it up at Sephora a few years ago and have never looked back! Benefits best product! Not too dark and not too light on my skin that gets lighter and darker during seasons. Hoola is definitely worth the hype and money!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love the product when I am paler, because I can get quite tan from sports in the summer so the bronzer doesn't do anything for me then.(I wish they offered a slightly darker version as well) The price only got 4 lippies because it is quite expensive, but you get a decent amount of product for your money. The packaging is adorable, but it does take up a good amount of space in a makeup bag, so their travel size would be better if you are planning on taking this on your next vacay. (Love the cute brush it comes with, which isn't poorly made.) Overall, great product with good payoff and nice consistency.

on 6/4/2017 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have never understood why people love this so much. First of all, it is not a universally flattering tone. It is a matte brown that depending on your undertones can look super grey/muddy - like they do on me or even orangey - like they do on my sister or if you have darker skin it barely shows up.On a positive note it is finely milled and blends well. I personally am not a fan of the brush either. It went straight into the dumpster. If you are considering this try it out in person first or buy the smaller version.

on 5/31/2017 11:22:00 AM

A classic, will never use another bronzer again. It's so hard to find a good bronzer for my fair skin that doesn't look too dark or orange. I also hate sparkles and this one is matte without shimmer. The only complaint is the little brush included is not ideal for bronzer as it is too thin and awkward. Usually I just throw it away and use my blush brush. I have been using this product since my early 20s (10+ years), it's a keeper!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I adore this bronzer. I have fairer skin, nc20 in the winter and nc25 in the summer (if I'm lucky lol) and this color looks really natural and lasts all day. I apply it with a fan brush to disperse it evenly and lightly across my face and that really helps it to look natural. This to me is the exact same product as tf chocolate soleil without the strong smell, so I will continue purchasing it over the latter. Packaging is flimsy and cheap, but it does hold up. This bronzer doesn't crease on me or look ashy throughout the day, very pretty glow without any annoying sparkle or shimmer.

on 5/16/2017 8:09:00 PM

I have never understood the hype about this product. I have fair skin but I have also been very tan at different points in my life and this would never work for me even then. This is way too dark and dirty looking, super unnatural. It doesn't work for any of my friends either and we all have no idea why this is so popular. Even for contouring it's way too intense and looks off.

I tried the tiny version of it, and I have to say I am impressed with this product. It is really pigmented, but it's also easy to blend. The best thing about Hoola is that it's not glittery. The price of the normal size version is quite high, but it definitely lasts a long time. I probably won't buy it again as it's not a cruelty free product, but that's my personal choice.

on 5/10/2017 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The colour just has too much of a greyish/ashen cast to it to look natural on my fair and neutral-to-cool toned skin and tends to make me look grubby without a lot of effort and mixing with other products. Does not make my face look more vibrant and alive and sunkissed like what I ideally want in a bronzer, just darker and grubbier. Some warm-toned people have commented that since it's grey toned it must be suited to cooler toned skin. This is incorrect; when cooler toned skin tans naturally it does NOT look grey it looks like a more reddish pink toned tan. I will say the colour payoff is fantastic and the texture is really nice and buttery so this product isn't all bad. It's probably good when used as a contour rather than a bronzer, but having super dry skin I prefer a crème contour; and anyway Hoola is marketed as a bronzer, not a contour, so my score is for how good it is as a bronzer.