BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

My love affair with Hoola began at a Sephora store, where a saleslady put loads of it on me as a contour colour. I'm olive-skinned but on the fairer end of things, and I thought it looked too dark on me in the store, so I walked away from it. And then I got back home and just saw my face in the mirror and I saw a face looking back at me that had the most beautiful bone-structure I had ever seen. AND IT WAS MINE! I realised that the horrid florescent lighting in the store (who thought it was a good idea to have florescent light in a Sephora anyway??) had made the colour look unflattering on me, because in any other mirror I looked at myself in at home, I looked SERIOUSLY good.
I ran back to Sephora the next day, bought the product, no questions asked, and I've never looked back since. I've gotten so, so many compliments on my face since I've started using this as a contour shade. It's my HG product.

on 4/11/2017 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Being a fair skinned gal who doesn't tan I've never been interested in bronzers since I though they would look fake and unnatural on me. Enter hoola. This is truly amazing and applies so smoothly. Just a light sweep along the temples, bridge of the nose, forehead, jawline and neck brings my face color back to life without looking dark or orangey. Pigmentation is huge so be sure to tap before applying. I personally prefer more gray shades than Hoola for contouring but that's me. So glad I tried it!

on 4/8/2017 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the only bronzer I wear! It works perfectly for me - I have difficulty finding the perfect one because I have yellow toned asian skin but am also pretty fair. This works perfectly, and it's cool tone means it can also be used as a contour, although usually I don't use bronzer colours as contour colours. The brush is handy for contouring although I use my real techniques arched powder brush to apply it and it gives a more subtle, buildable effect. I also use a cream contour underneath my foundation first, put foundation and powder on and THEN use this over the top to finish it off (in my opinion this is the best way to use this as a contour). I also use this on my temples a little and it looks very natural - I would say a little goes a long way so if it is looking muddy it's probably because you've got a little too much product. That's a good thing because it means it will last you a long time despite looking deceptively small! I like that it doesn't have a 'glow' because it looks more natural than other bronzers that have shimmer in them. Perhaps not great for people with really fair skin.

on 3/31/2017 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a great contour color. That said, I don't contour very often because it's not one of my better makeup skills. It's not overwhelming on my fairly light skin and it blends well.

on 3/19/2017 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love this bronzer, as it is so easy to blend and the pigment works perfectly on my skin tone. The brush it comes with is pretty useless for me, because of the size and the shape of the handle and bristles. Overall a good buy!

I have always had trouble finding a bronzer that did not go orangey on me, and then I found Hoola. This is a great bronzer if your not looking for shimmer. It is matte and has great staying power, I dont need to fix or re-apply for at least 8 hours. Being in my early 50's, I can wake up looking tired some days and on those days I will use Benefits Coralista with the Hoola, using the Hoola as more of a contour and the Coralista to brighten up my face. Hoola works great for contouring on me - it is actually the only product so far that doesn't leave me with that greyish muddy look that most contour palettes seem to, and im talking high end to low end. I like the small lightweight box this product comes in, I am indifferent to the little brush in the box as I prefer using my big brushes. I am not giving 5 lippies on price because I feel cosmetics are generally overpriced, but it wouldn't stop me from re buying this product because it delivers on what I am looking for (no orange ☺)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The only bronzer I swear by. Looks brown not orange, doesn't look muddy and applies really easy as it's super pigmented!! A little goes a long way.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

For my very pale nc15 skin this is just too dark. I find it virtually impossible to apply without looking muddy and like Lindsay Lohan in that infamous courtroom photo. It is completely matte, which is great, and very pigmented. Using a dual fibre brush has helped, as for the cost I was determined to like this, but I usually revert to my Rimmel matte bronzer which I don't have to be so careful with when applying.

on 3/1/2017 7:44:00 PM

I completely regret buying the full size of this before getting a sample first. This stuff shows up orange on me. I truly do not understand how people contour with this without looking like a cheetoh. I know I"m fair but it's ridiculous. I will stick to my Park Avenue Princess. Not sure what to do with this...
The texture, consistency/etc is fine. It's mainly the color that's my issue.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

"Yo Too-Faced, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish, but Benefit has one of the best bronzers of all time!"

True story bro, this bronzer is the best one I own, and I have A LOT of bronzers. Everyone says it makes them orange, and it's streaky. Let me say this:

1) if you use any bronzer, and keep adding more & more then yeah, you can expect this to happen. The solution, don't use a heavy hand. If you're as white as me, only a little bit will do.

2) if this bronzer is looking "streaky", then maybe your foundation is the problem. Powder products lay differently on different types of foundation. This problem could even be solved with improving your application technique. Are you being too rough? Are you in a hurry? This is a fixable solution.

Bottom line, there's no way this deserves such low ratings. Too Faced chocolate solei is a mediocre bronzer compared to this. Hoola blends out like a dream, and doesn't smell funky. The only downfall is that price you pay, otherwise this is the best bronzer I own!

Popular Bronzers