BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 9/22/2016 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

just bought hoola bronzer... i really it because it is so matte.
just perfect for contouring the cheeks as ut has this greyish undertone. it also gives a very natural look on the face "not too orange".

on 9/20/2016 9:52:00 PM

This is my favorite everyday bronzer!

To Read all 1344 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/17/2016 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I first tried this as part of Benefit's 'The Bronze of Champions' kit as my first 'high-end' bronzer (note: I still have that mini bronzer, depotted, and it's nowhere near close to being finished. Trust me when I say that this stuff will last you ages) and was immediately wowed by its creaminess and blendability. I later purchased Nars Laguna and TheBalm's Bahama Mama, and my excitement over them meant that Hoola soon fell into disuse.

Soon after the contouring craze began, however, I stumbled upon an article outlining Kim Kardashian's makeup routine (penned by someone who'd nabbed a ticket to her MUA masterclass) and discovered that she used Hoola as a contour. Obviously, I had to do the same.

This stuff is incredible for that purpose - it carves out my cheekbones, is not orange in the slightest and seems to work well on most skintones. I also can't fault its magnificence as a bronzer, although be sure to use a light hand as it's strongly pigmented (but nothing a little blending can't fix!).

I'm far from finishing that small pan, but I've purchased a full size. I can't rave about this stuff enough.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Pretty much anyone who's into makeup has at least tried Hoola at some point, which is why it's a little surprising to me I'm just getting around to using this 15 years into the game.
I picked up a half-sized version of this at Sephora mainly because I came to the realization I didn't have any matte bronzers and we are heading into Fall.
This is probably the best bronzer I've used, mainly because it is perfect for my skintone, not too subtle or too dark, and the matte texture is very creamy and understated when it's applied under a contoured look, as a "transition" color. It's not super warm toned, which means no orange streaks, and it's not chalky or streaky, meaning no mud-face.
The packaging is super cute, which is par for the course with Benefit, and although it comes with a brush I use my own.
The price isn't low, but it is definitely a good quality product that will satisfy many customers, and also easy to find as Benefit is available at Macy's, Sephora, Ulta, etc. There may be comparable matte bronzers that cost less, but owing to how pleased I am with this I'm sure I'll be buying it again and again.

on 9/5/2016 5:53:00 AM

I've been using this bronzer for about 6 months now and still can't decide if I like it! It does give a really nice sun kissed glow and warms up my face a lot. It is also very long wearing and doesn't budge all day. But, because it's so pigmented even when I put it on very lightly it has the tendency to leave harsh lines and is very hard to blend out. I'll carry on using this because it was pricey but I'm keen to try something else in future!

I really wanted to love this product the shade is beautiful not to cool toned or warm toned perfect for contouring and its matte. The problem I find is that it's very pigmented if so too pigmented for my liking and hard to blend out especially with the brush it comes with

on 8/11/2016 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cos it's matte and there's a free brush. But the brush smells sooo bad and the brush hair is shredding. I don't like this bronzer on my skin i dont know why maybe i just don't know how to put a bronzer?

on 8/9/2016 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This stuff is actually THAT good, and the bulk of the other reviews haven't led you astray. I actually even love working with the little brush that you get with it. It's great for the sharper line and you can blend with it really well. I even squeeze the brush together and it works for the long lines of a nose contour.

I think that the colour is universally flattering as well. Doesn't matter whether I have summer tanned skin or winter pale skin the bronzer always pulls through. Wish the product was a little more expressible with the larger brushes without picking up too much product. The square, deep packaging could probably be made a little wider and flatter. But other than that, hands down the best bronzer I have ever used.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My favourite bronzer!
I use this everyday for a light contour/bronze, but it is usable for a contour to slay the gods!
I have super pale skin and often find myself looking super orange when using bronzers, however this bronzer is cool toned enough to be used for contouring and bronzing up the face without looking orange and muddy
I also love the cute packaging and I do have to say that the brush that comes with it is really easy to use as well!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

the texture and color of this stuff is amazing - it's so subtle and adds just enough glow to fake being healthy (in my case). the color is perfect for pale babes (I wear nars foundation in montblanc) however, it broke me out pretty seriously everywhere I used it! i.e. along the bottom of my cheekbones, my hairline, etc. I wanted to love it but I am hesitant to use it now...probably returning it.