BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing colour and blends really nicely. I have fair skin and this doesn't look orange on me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Hoola is considered a classic at this point, but it just does not do it for me. I find the undertone to be kinda weird--like a neutral yellow--on my skin. I also 100% hate the packaging and the brush, but that's not really going to affect the quality of the product. Overall, I think it is just a so-so bronzer that looks weird and muddy on my skin in really unfortunate packaging.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Really like the colour and it looked natural on my medium-tan skin. However, it broke me out. Didn't know if it's just me but I seem to have similar problem with Benefit's cheek product because Coralista broke me out too.

on 4/14/2018 7:39:00 AM

Wanted to see what the hype was and at first I loved it! However after using it a lot more its a weird colour some days it looks muddy other days it looks orange then some days it looks natural?? I bought the smaller size which makes it impossible to get product out after a few uses and mine didn’t come with the brush. I wouldn’t buy again because of the price and there’s better bronzers at the same price.

on 3/29/2018 7:54:00 AM

This contains ethylhexyl palmitate, a comedogenic chemical that broke me out TERRIBLY where I used the bronzer, don’t buy this if you have acne prone skin!!!

I love this product, you can use it both as a bronzer and a contour powder. It is a very pigmented product a little goes a long way to create a perfect natural look. I have a light to medium skin tone and it suits my skin perfectly. The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging it is ok but it seems to get very dirty on the outside as it is made from cardboard. However it is a wonderful product overall.

I initially got the small packaging as I wanted to test it before getting the large one. A little goes a gong way and long story short after hitting the pan on the small one I bought the full size. This gives me a nice healthy glow and it surprisingly lasts a lot on my face.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I got a sample of this bronzer and I didn't believe the hype until i actually tried it! It's actually amazing.. I don't really like the packaging, but I love the actual bronzer, it lays on the skin nicely, its the perfect undertone to use as a bronzer or contour! Defs reccomend!
Also check out my youtube channel kristenlynnsloves, I use this bronzer in many of my videos, if you want to see further thoughts on this product!
Ill link my channel here:

First of all, the cute (albeit cheap) cardboard packaging is no good. Assuming that it takes (on average) a few years to pan a powder, I am pretty sure the cardboard packaging will become tattered and ratty looking overtime unless you take extremely good care of it. I also think that the box might be too small and the sides too high for people who like to swirl their large powder brushes in their bronzers. Since I tap into my powders those factors are only a slight annoyance, but for others, it might impact how much they enjoy using this product.

This is a decent bronzer but is not the correct shade for my face. It is a bit too orange to look natural on my NC20 depth skin, so I started searching for slightly cooler-toned dupes. I read online that the Sephora Collection Bronzer Powder in the shade "03 Los Cabos" is supposedly a very close dupe for this (but slightly cooler) and is a bit cheaper. So I bought it to compare - I made swatches on my arm, and on my face with a fluffy powder brush. Los Cabos is a bit less orange and is slightly browner (though I'm not sure if that qualifies as being cooler) than Hoola. Hoola is also the stiffer powder and I found Hoola takes just a bit more effort to blend out for some reason. In terms of pigmentation, I think they are both the same, i.e., buildable. Around the 6 hour mark, I find that this bronzer tends to fade considerably on my combo-oily skin.

Overall this is a decent bronzer, it's just not for me. I hope my review will help other people out there who found this bronzer to be a bit too orange for them.

on 2/2/2018 8:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have pretty fair skin and this bronzer just looked too warm on me. Very muddy, even when applying a very subtle amount. I think I will stick with my ABH in fawn or Kevyn Aucoin’s medium.