benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

Filtered by age: 25-29
benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I feel so left out with this product. I REALLY wanted to like it but it just makes me look dirty, muddy, etc. I was looking for something a little less time-intensive that my Clinque Bronzer for Men which, incidentally, is the best, most natural looking bronzer on the planet, at least for me. I've never tried ANYTHING that appeared more natural on the skin. But I always feel like it renders my sunscreen ineffective and really wanted a powder to just sweep across my forehead, cheeks and nose. Guerlain Terracotta is an icon but finding the right color has proved difficult.

on 7/20/2018 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of my favourite bronzers because there is absolutely no shimmer. Goes on nicely and works very well for my light-medium skin tone.

The brush that comes with is pretty useless. Use a proper makeup brush.

Tarte's Park Avenue Princess has been my go-to bronzer for years but lately I've been finding that it doesn't play well with my base products. I decided to try Hoola because it looked similar to Park Avenue Princess in color/depth, according to Google images. So far, I love this! I'm around NC10 and this bronzer is very flattering on my skin. It's very similar to Park Avenue Princess but it seems to be a bit more yellow. It can make me look orange if I go overboard but I don't feel like I have to be careful when I apply this and it doesn't take much blending. I like to apply it with the Real Techniques blush brush, which works perfectly. My one complaint is the packaging. The Hoola theme is cute but I'm not a fan of the boxed blush concept from Benefit. The containers get beat up pretty easily and excess powder gets trapped in the box, which sometimes leads to too much product on my brush. I'm willing to overlook the packaging though because the color and formula is so nice. I purchased a mini size for $15 and I plan on purchasing the full size once I'm finished.

I initially got the small packaging as I wanted to test it before getting the large one. A little goes a gong way and long story short after hitting the pan on the small one I bought the full size. This gives me a nice healthy glow and it surprisingly lasts a lot on my face.

on 2/2/2018 8:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have pretty fair skin and this bronzer just looked too warm on me. Very muddy, even when applying a very subtle amount. I think I will stick with my ABH in fawn or Kevyn Aucoin’s medium.

on 1/23/2018 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing and my essential bronzer! its not too harsh, it gives you a natural, sunkissed look... the brush it comes with sucks but it's cute, the name, packaging, everything about this product is so cute

on 11/28/2017 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Two words: oompa loompa.

on 11/19/2017 6:41:00 PM

I bought this after reading so many good reviews on the bronzer. Its dark, but not oh god, I’m looking like dorrito. The key is a little goes a long way. Hate the brush. Hate the packing. The pan is magentic so I rip it out of the container and put it in my daily z palette.

on 11/19/2017 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love the undertone of this bronzer, the finish and the blendability. I can use this to contour lightly and bronze up my skin in one step. Even the brush is really good. I think the packaging could be a tad more luxe, but I wear this daily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The absolute best bronzer. I have olive/Mediterranean coloring, but avoid taking sun at all costs. I always apply a translucent powder to set my tinted moisturizer and then chase it with an overall dusting of Hoola. So natural looking.

Do not waste your money on trying other bronzers--and look out for the Benefit vending machines at airports, should you forget your Hoola at home...