benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
benefit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.2

This iconic product has let me down because I found the color to appear so red on my face and the packaging is not so nice in that it is so inconvenient to thrust a large brush into the pan. I’d rather have a big pan. But hoola does blend nicely.

on 8/15/2018 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Pros:
- Buttery formula that glides effortlessly onto skin
- Blendable and not patchy
- Nice simple packaging with a mirror on the inside

Cons:
- The small brush is unnecessary and doesn't blend the product very well
- Kinda on the pricey side

Overall:
I would say that this definitely is one of my favourite bronzers! If you decide to buy this I would recommend purchasing the travel sized one as it is cheaper, and i have had my travel sized one for several months and still not hit pan.

on 8/13/2018 8:03:00 PM

For the price, this bronzer is not worth it. It does not suit light or even light-medium skin tones that well, and wears off all too easily. I also find it on my clothes all the time and it's difficult to get out. I do like the light texture of the product, and the packaging is very cute. It also looks natural on my olive-skinned friend (I'm very jealous.) Avoid if you have fair skin, but otherwise, buy!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This was the very first bronzer I ever bought and sadly I was underwhelmed. It didn't really blend the best for me and the color was a little bit too warm. I love the texture and the finish of it tho.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

the colour looks beautiful on my medium-tanned skin, and i find that it blends well. the brush that comes with the product is pretty much useless though. it’s quite pricey for what it’s worth, but i got the mini version and i’m still using it after 6 months. one problem about this bronzer is it will be barely there after 4-6 hours of application on my oily skin. other than that, it’s a good bronzer and worth the hype imo.

on 4/14/2018 7:39:00 AM

Wanted to see what the hype was and at first I loved it! However after using it a lot more its a weird colour some days it looks muddy other days it looks orange then some days it looks natural?? I bought the smaller size which makes it impossible to get product out after a few uses and mine didn’t come with the brush. I wouldn’t buy again because of the price and there’s better bronzers at the same price.

First of all, the cute (albeit cheap) cardboard packaging is no good. Assuming that it takes (on average) a few years to pan a powder, I am pretty sure the cardboard packaging will become tattered and ratty looking overtime unless you take extremely good care of it. I also think that the box might be too small and the sides too high for people who like to swirl their large powder brushes in their bronzers. Since I tap into my powders those factors are only a slight annoyance, but for others, it might impact how much they enjoy using this product.

This is a decent bronzer but is not the correct shade for my face. It is a bit too orange to look natural on my NC20 depth skin, so I started searching for slightly cooler-toned dupes. I read online that the Sephora Collection Bronzer Powder in the shade "03 Los Cabos" is supposedly a very close dupe for this (but slightly cooler) and is a bit cheaper. So I bought it to compare - I made swatches on my arm, and on my face with a fluffy powder brush. Los Cabos is a bit less orange and is slightly browner (though I'm not sure if that qualifies as being cooler) than Hoola. Hoola is also the stiffer powder and I found Hoola takes just a bit more effort to blend out for some reason. In terms of pigmentation, I think they are both the same, i.e., buildable. Around the 6 hour mark, I find that this bronzer tends to fade considerably on my combo-oily skin.

Overall this is a decent bronzer, it's just not for me. I hope my review will help other people out there who found this bronzer to be a bit too orange for them.

I am not sure how I feel about this product. Although I have a light to medium complexion, during summer, I don't think that using this bronzer really makes a difference. Also, its neutral undertone, makes me want to use it as a countour only because otherwise I feel like it makes me look almost ashy. The formula is very nice and I believe it is well priced, especially if you get it within one of those sets. I don't regret buying this product but I don't think I would be repurchasing.

on 11/9/2017 8:53:00 PM

Great bronzer to add a natural glow to your skin! Perfect for medium to dark skin types. PROS: applies and blends very easy, the brush that comes with it is very good to lightly contour your face. Good pigment, not too harsh, not too light. If you want a more defined contour, I recommend using the Hoola Quickie Contour Stick underneath it. CONS: The tint is very orange and for lighter skin types, it looks very unnatural on the skin. I would recommend using the HOOLA Lite instead. Although this is a high end product, it is a little pricey for just an average bronzer.

on 7/28/2017 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

this is honestly the best bronzer at first i was like 30 is kinda a lot but it's really not bc it's a really nice bronzer & i love the finish. it's not orangey and doesnt look muddy just the perfect bronze look. this is so amazing. fuck i love it so much.