New York Color Chroma Face Glow [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/10/2009 10:13:00 PM

The look of this is what lured me in. reminded me of mac skin finishes like everyone else has said. for $5 i thought why not. the dome is really really hard to open, i have to pry it open with my fingernails. it's a pretty color but very sheer. i wish the powder dome was softer, it's so hard that it's hard to get any on your brush. ive actually been rubbing my fingers in it and using that to apply it to my cheeks because the brush doesn't pick it up very well. overall a good product for the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This product has only recently become available here in Canada, I was super excited whenI stumbled upon this in London Drugs- as well as some other new things from NYC. This looks exactly like a MAC MSF ( I purchased the shade 'Moonstone') however it is not nearly as pigmented as a mineralize skinfinish which is a good and bad thing. If someone only like's a little bit of highlight this is great, because the color is very delicate. I own one MSF by MAC and its very shimmery, so you have to be careful with it. I love this product equally because I can use it as a subtle highlight on more natural days. As a blush, I don't like this at all because you need about 7 coats for it to show up- but I purchased this simply as a highlighter so that doesn't bother me as I'm not a fan of shimmery blushes. I would like to purchase 'sunstone' as I think it would be great for summer as a light bronzer. The packaging on this product is super gorgeous- its a see through cap that shows of the pretty veining and looks great in my makeup bag., for $4.00 I couldn't ask for more and love it! :)

on 9/8/2009 1:17:00 AM

I picked up the Chroma Glow in Moonstone on Ebay a few months back after reading a review for it on a beauty blog. I'll admit, I pretty much just loved the look of it.
But even more than how it looks in the compact is how great it looks on the cheeks! Very pretty, natural color! Gives a healthy glow!
The bad part about it however, is there is not much pigmentation. I have to swipe over and over with my brush to get true color.
I would still buy more though as I think they're the closest inexpensive product to compare to the MAC skin finishes.
I do wish the compact felt a bit higher quality but then have to remind myself, this is NYC, not MAC. Hence the great price!
I think these are discontinued and am pretty bummed to discover they are pretty hard to find now, even on ebay.

on 8/12/2009 4:21:00 PM

I have these in both colours and they are lovely.I didnt buy them,got them in a swap but if I could,I would deff buy them again.
Moonstone is a lovely subtle pink on me,pretty over matte blushes as a highlighter or on its own as a healthy glow.
Sandstone gives me a gorgeous sunkissed glow and I love the effect,moreso than any of my bronzers.
I only wish we could get them in the UK,I'd stock up but I think they'll last me ages as you get so much product.
Love love love :o)

on 8/8/2009 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I wasn't sure if this was going to be one of those products that I regret buying, but it was on clearance and I had a coupon so for a little over a dollar I figured "why not". I'm glad I did.

I got this in Moonstone and it's fabulous. I use this as a blush instead of a highlighter and it gives me a nice healthy glow without looking like I actually have any blush on. It's not very pigmented, but it's buildable so two or three swipes with my brush and it shows. I had been a little nervous about how shimmery it looks in the pan, too much and I feel like I look weird, but this comes off very subtle on me. Though I've only had it a few days, it's become my go-to blush. I have quite a few other blushes but they don't seem to work with every look I do like this one does. It looked just as great with a simple light daytime look as it did with a dramatic nighttime eye. I love that about this.

A big part of the reason I bought this was that it's the same concept as MAC MSF. I've never used anything like this before and didn't want to spend a huge amount of money on something I might not end up being that fond of. Now that I know how great these things are, when I run out I'll probably get MAC instead, being that it's more pigmented and I won't have to use as much. Either way, I'm hooked on these. I love it.

I love this product. I have this in Moonstone and its awesome. One lippie off for lack of pigmentation (its quite sheer) but its buildable. Takes me about 3 swipes to get it to really show that pearly pink iridescence.
This weekend I got to take a look at MAC MSF Petticoat, and really, besides being more pigmented...its the same as Moonstone. I actually prefer moonstone because it doesn't have Petticoat giant pieces of glitter. Blech. Took me forever to buff off the glitter bits.

Sticking to this instead.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I got both these great bargins via swap and i am very happy with it. Moonstone is a gorgeous pinkie/lilac blush colour with kind a hightlight tone to it. I normally add this to my cheeks after applying blush to make them look really bright!
Sandstone is my HG bronzer! I have VERY fair skin and i dont like to atempt to wear bronzer and it just makes me look like i have dirt on my face but this gorgeous gold colour is so sutle i can apply it onto my cheeks and still look normal. It has some very nice shimmer aswell.
The price is great its just such a shame its limited edition because i'd snap up some back ups! The packaging is flimsy but managable.
Great for the summer, i cant wait for the summer to use these babies!!

on 3/4/2009 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought Moonstone in January for $2.50 and finally caved on Sunstone last week for $5.00. Despite being limited edition and released last year I'm not having any problems finding this. I found a full display with 2 of each at one of my stores.

The product is fabulous. Granted it isn't very pigmented and you need a couple of swirls of a brush to get enough color, it was $5 regular price so I can't complain. Like everyone before me said, Moonstone is a nice highlight and Sunstone, a bronzer. I'm NW20 and they both work well on me. The packaging is crappy with the thin plastic lid but I'm not taking it anywhere and I'm currently being very careful with it. I would buy it again if only it wasn't limited edition.

I finally was able to get ahold of this is Moonstone, and I absolutely love it. Its goes on as a lightly shimmery pink and looks great with my cool, fair skintone. I am just now getting into highlighters and have this and the Wet and Wild All Over Shimmer and absolutely love them both. Both are also dirt cheap. Love that. Gives me a nice dewy look without looking like a glitter queen, shiney, or like I have an oily face. Really almost takes a few years off me in fact.... Gives me a youthful glow. This has been discontinued unfortunately- I emailed NewYorkColor and found this out after complaining I couldn't find it anywhere. Glad I was able to swap for it while I could. Thankfully this should last me ages as you get quite alot. Why do they go and discontinue products people really like so quickly? I thought this just came out a couple months ago. Makes no sense to me.

this is for sandstone:

desert island product! this is a subtle blush, bronzer, & highlighter all rolled into one! the glow is dead on close to mac msfs too, however, you do have to layer it if you want more color payoff as the mac msfs are more finely milled. but when applied you can't see the difference you just have to put more on. awesome! sandstone is a beautiful peachy pink bronze on me.