L'Oreal Lineur Intense liquid liner - brush tip

L'Oreal - Lineur Intense

3.3

on 5/15/2017 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner except for one thing. IT FLAKES SO BAD. I've been using this eyeliner for 2 years and I get compliments on my eyeliner all the time. I honestly like the brush a lot - maybe it is because I am used to it. The color is intense, it dries quick, it is almost matte, the brush works great, and there is a ton of product. But, I can't stand the flaking. I finally switched to a nyx liner and did a swatch test on my wrist. This liner just smudged off after about 20 minutes of it being on my wrist. The nyx one did not budge at all. Also, when I sleep or even just lay down on my side my eyes sometimes water because I yawn, and my wing just disappears. This is why I decided to switch. If this product actually lasted on me I would be in love, but unfortunately I just had to switch.

on 11/1/2016 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like the formula of this eye liner but you need to practice like a pro in order to apply it. The brush tip version is way too long, I wish they made the wand shorter. This eyeliner is a no no for beginners. When I am in a hurry I use another eyeliner brush since this currently is my only eyeliner. Next time, I'll buy Lineur Intense with the felt tip instead of the brush tip.

I've been using this product for almost two years and I don't know why I haven't bought a new one yet. I have others that I use in rotation, but this has been my steady liquid liner and I need a new one because this one has annoyed the hell out of me.

Pros
- Very, very black, one of the deepest black liners I've ever used.
- Easy to use once you get used too it.
- Nice packaging.
- Comes with a good amount of product, because I've used it for a long time and it's still got plenty left inside to spare.

Cons
- Flakes off throughout the day
- Not very long lasting. Even with UD Setting Spray, doesn't stay 100% on for more than 3 or 4 hours.
- Somewhat difficult to use
- After a while, the inside packaging got gunky and messy.
- Flimsy brush.

Overall, this product's staying power is not too great, and the fact that it flakes annoys me to no end. I can set my head down on a pillow for 1 minute and by the time I get up, the tip of my insanely sharp eyeliner is nonexistent. The price was fine and I've gotten lots of use out of it, but I think finally it's time for me to find a new consistent liner that is long lasting and doesn't flake, also is a lot easier to use.

on 2/25/2016 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have been using this eyeliner for about 8 years, and it's always my go-to eyeliner.

When I first used this eyeliner 8 years ago, I found the application to be difficult, because instead of applying the eyeliner like a pen, the applicator is like a small paintbrush. It's a more difficult applicator, but I prefer it much more. Once you are used to the paintbrush-like applicator, you have a lot of freedom with how thick you want the eyeliner, how sharp you want your line, etc.

This eyeliner does have a fault, and it's that it flakes very easily. Before, I didn't use a primer, but now I do and it stays put much better, but it can still flake a bit.

The pigment is MAGNIFICENT. I have tried many eyeliners from gel, pencil, liquid (felt tip), and I haven't found an eyeliner so opaque in black and that's why I always go back to it. I love the matte finish, the applicator, and the pigment. It's an eyeliner that I have used almost every day for the past 8 years, and I love it. Regardless if it flakes.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Worst eyeliner ever. I picked this up by accident. First of all, the brush is poorly designed because the cap is too small to hold, so I would get the product on my hands, then it was just really hard to put it on. Within 2 hours later, some of it was already flaked off and I wasn't in extremely hot weather, so I had to keep touching it up all day.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Brush very hard to use, too floppy and liner went everywhere..liner flakes and when you go over to re-do it erases the previous line in a flaky manner....no smudging, but the liner is very shiny.....the only pro is that it is easy to take off with just water and gently rubbing the eyes because it flakes off

on 1/29/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I don't know why I hadn't reviewed this, but I tried this product many many years ago. Saw my SIL using it and thought hey I remember using that and why don't I own it now.? So I went out and bought it and then I remembered why I don't own it. I don't like it! Yes it's very pigmented, but I don't like how flimsy the brush is. The thing I really don't like about it is that after so many hours it "cracks" so the liner looks horrible, as if I applied it in some areas and missed others. It doesn't stay on me and I have dry skin, yes my eyelids and nose do get a little oily but even after applying a primer this eyeliner rubs off bad. I won't be buying it since I knew I hadn't for a reason.

on 1/27/2015 8:32:00 PM

The brush tip version of this liner was recommended to me on r/makeupaddiction. At first, I was pleased with the intensity of the black pigmentation and the matte finish. However, I found that the brush tip wasn't stiff enough to easily draw a wing. It takes me a while to get a precise line. I also find that the liner flakes off fairly quickly in a patchy way. Would not recommend this liner for beginners or for those seeking long wear.

on 10/18/2014 8:12:00 PM

This is incredibly hard to master and control because of the brush, you'll get it right on your 50th try with this product ...it might take another 50 tries to master getting both eyes even (at least that was my learning process). The plus side is that this is incredibly black and pigmented. It doesn't smudge BUT it will flake off through the day. I found that with out fail by the time I get home and look at myself in the mirror I will always have a " what the....happened" moment with my eye. The formula of the product is very liquid-y ....in fact i can guarantee that you won't have the product drying out on you for a very very long time.

on 9/24/2014 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product is horrible, I hate it. I lost my liquid eyeliner and meant to try the other L'oreal eyeliner but got this instead. I can barely pull the brush applicator out of the tube, the brush just isn't really brush-y I dont' know how to describe why I don't like the bursh. However the worst part is how stupidly easy this is to come off your eye. It peels off and just can be wiped off and it doesn't smear when you wipe it off which is good I suppose. But then that makes me unimpressed with the staying power! also it dissolved at the inner corner of my eyes. DON"T BUY THIS save your $8 if you'd like.