Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette
Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think these are good to experiment with and for those who don't want to spend alot of money. The shadows are super cheap and small, most of them are chalky with the original and this palette is chunky. So it has fallout of the worst kind. I still give it a two for the shades and the shimmer is pretty. They aren't that vibrant. In the pan they look more rich, but on the eye they fade and blend into one shade. That's why the YT girls don't blend the lines very well. I've seen more girls using this, but not blending. Wasted money...

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My first reaction to this product is "No no no! Don't do it!" THe shadows are chalky and useless. But then i decided to try one of them wet. And now I would have to say these shadows are alright. Still not super great, nothing to rave about, but they work if you wet your brush first! I have only tried one color so far.. and I will update as soon as I have tried out more of the colors!

UPDATE!: Ended up getting rid of it. LOL Guess that shows how i feel about this palette. I do not recommend even trying this. Just go try some other palette, even if it costs a little more it will be worth it.

on 4/9/2009 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I didn't really like this palette much. I got it over the matte one, because mattes tend to be harder to work with, especially on my dry skin. These were really frosty as the name suggests. I liked the idea of this palette, but just found that I never really used it, because the colours in it are all so bright and shimmery. There really isn't much in the way of variation - i.e. neutrals and pastels which are more wearable. The shadows themselves are a little flaky and dusty, and since they're so tiny it's hard to get a brush into the colour without getting flakes of that colour everywhere, so they're not the easiest to work with. This is an okay palette for someone wanting to experiment with bright colours on a budget, but it's not for me.

on 12/14/2013 9:06:00 AM

I adored this palette for two reasons: Variety & Cost. It was always there in a pinch to matchup some outfit or a last min costume.

But you get what you pay for, a lot of the little pots keep popping out only to be lost. The makeup breaks very easily too.

Good luck committing to a color, or giving a tutorial with any clarity, the colors are nameless and you cannot purchase them seperatly. I fell in love with the lime green shimmery color only to run out of it after a few weeks of application. Also the palette wouldn't fit into any of my makeup bags and isn't portable by any means seeing it doesn't stay shut.

Le sigh.

on 5/1/2012 7:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I fell in love with this palette before I ever even got it in the mail. I like the idea of all colors being in one handy palette. Also, the reviews that I've read have been pretty stellar on the Ultra Shimmer Palette.
When I received it in the mail today, I was super excited to swatch the beautiful colors inside. The first thing I noticed was how akward it was to open the palette without dropping it. I guess a palette of that size seemed like a good idea until I tried to figure out just where I would store it.
On to the colors...they are in fact VERY pigmented and everything I'd hoped they would be in terms of brightness. The biggest downside? The particles are too big and require a lot of force to blend. All this blending leaves a powdery & shimmery mess on my face. Also, I will have to use a good primer on my lids because it doesn't last that long at all. I will use this palette. It's the principal of it at this point. However, I will now do my eye make up first (complete with industrial strength primer), and then apply my foundation, ect.. The color payoff is somewhat worth the pain in the rump that my new makeup routine will be. Hopefully...

on 2/26/2010 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I Loved this product at first But i just got way to tired of all the shimmer So I sometimes use the colors If I want some shimmer so I just use one color from there and find some mattes to go along with it

This palette has many colors and it is fantastic if you are just beginning or only have certain colors and want to try many more. With that being said, for me...it is a bit of a waste!

on 2/17/2009 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hmm. I don't know if I like this palette or not. I just got it in the mail today from coastal scents. It took forever. It took four days until it even left the factory or where ever it comes from but I guess that's okay. I love all the colors in the palette. My only complaint is that it's a little powdery and I think it looks like cheap eyeshadow once applied to your eyes. I think it's excellent for someone that doesn't have a lot of makeup but I do. I don't think it's anywhere near MAC's quality as some people have mentioned. I would buy it again, I think, maybe!

on 12/27/2010 2:35:00 AM

Love the colors and versatility of the palette. Shadows blend very well even with other brands. I was super impressed with the fast delivery and packing around the palette. My only complaint is that the compact is not the best quality but it is overall a great value.

on 11/24/2010 8:24:00 PM

Firstly, I think that this is a great deal. So:

CONS:
- there are some eyeshadows that are very similar
- there are a few that apply pretty badly,
(but I feel like for the price, and for the amount of colours that you get, it's well worth it)
- this is NOT a con for this set so far, but one of the matte shadows from the regular 88 colour palette stained by lid.. and the stain lasted about a day ( and the worst part was that the colour that stained was a pink.. pink stain around my eyes.. fantastic haha I looked diseased). So I thought it's worth mentioning, maybe these might stain? I haven't had that happen yet though.

PROS:
- lots of shades to choose from
- most are pretty bright and they provide lots of shimmer
- most apply well, little fallout
- can be applied wet ( it doesn't say so on their website, but I did it and I thought it looked nice, intensifies the colour)

Overall, I think it's great. Lots of colours to play with, and even though some look similar, for the price, it's a very good deal. The packaging is a little flimsy, but you just have to be careful with it and it's fine.. it's way too big to take with you daily anyway, so when they're sitting on my dresser at home, no problems.

Mine were shipped all the way to Canada, and they did not break at all.

Hope this helps!
I've also posted pics of two looks I did with the set.