Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette
Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

4.2

I love this palette. I love all eye shadows from Coastal Scents. I was a bit Leary about purchasing something I had never seen online, but I was not disappointed. I have been using this product for 4 years, and have purchased it twice. It is my go to palette for daily use. I use E.L.F eye shadow primer underneath, and the colors stay on all day long. Urban Decay is a little more pigmented, as it should be for the price, but Coastal Scents gives it a run for their money. The only negative to this palette is the packaging. The mirror always breaks off and the shadows pop out. It is poorly made. Other than that, the makeup itself is worth the price. I also own the Reveled 1,2,3 and 88 palette with matte and satin colors. Because of these shadows I have not purchased MAC or any of the other expensive make up brands since I started using these. It doesn't make sense to pay top dollar when I can pay less and get the same looks.

on 11/17/2014 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! I have had it for a few years now and ever so often, forget I have it due to my Urban Decay Naked products. They are my go to BUT when I want to do something to spice my look up a but, I grab this!
Very pigmented colors and they stay on alllll day long! :-)
The only problem I have is that the eyeshadow is glued in with a tiny little bit of glue so they will pop out every once in a while. It is no big deal to glue them back in but I wish I didn't have to lol

on 3/16/2014 10:30:00 AM

I love this product... I did a review on it. http://k-beautycode.blogspot.com/2014/03/review-coastal-scents-88-ultrashimmer.html

on 5/7/2013 12:57:00 PM

Very disappointed.

The actual purchasing/shipping process went smoothly, and I got the palette within 3 days. The palette was in fine condition when I opened it, nothing broken.

The shadows are much smaller than I had anticipated, but that wasn't a big problem because I figured, "Well, there's so man of them, I certainly won't hit pan on these for a long time"

Tried to apply them. I have fair skin, and even the darkest colors were sheer on my skin. I packed the shadows on until I said, "Eh... I guess I can see them now?" I tried to blend them and hooooly moley, that was like nailing jello to a tree. They did not blend. At all. It was a painful process, and eventually I gave up and said, "Alright, I guess that looks good enough..."

I blinked a few times, and the shadow was completely gone. Just a colorless wash of shimmer left on my eyes.

They are chalky, not nearly as pigmented as people make them out to be, they don't blend, and they look awful.

Do not buy this product. Not even as a beginner. Not ever. No.

on 12/14/2012 10:08:00 PM

I'm so glad I got this. Seriously- every color you would ever need at such an affordable price. The eyeshadows are very pigmented and ultra shimmery. Some people might complain they are too small (dime sized), but how often do you go through eyeshadows? Plus, with so many colors it is hard to. I would recommend this palette to any beginners with makeup to start off your collection.

I like the color selection, it's really everything + more then you ever wanted! I can understand the hype of this product since it is very cheap (I bought it for 10$ + shipping from their official webshop) and the quality is okay.
But unfortunately many colors doesn't stay if you don't use an eye primer. Some of them I can't even apply without it!
I think if you don't want to use it for every day, or just want to try out new colors and color combinations, I can recommend it to you. But the hype around this product is definitly because of the price and not because of the quality.

on 2/27/2012 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

this product is so over rated i hate it ...

This is a really awesome palette! so many colors and the pigmentation is really good! they dont crease and dont fade if you use a primer underneath. The colors are so vibrant and for the price this is so cheap! I dont think I would buy this again just because Im sure Ill never end up using every single color up in this!

You have practically every color under the rainbow with this palette! The colors glide on yours lids evenly and shimmery, there is no chunky glitter, and it blends very well. It is a bit powdery on the brush, so remember to tap the excess off! Each color pan is about the size of a dime, which doesn't seem like a lot, but with all the choice in this palette, you won't be running out of any color soon. The palette is a slim black case less than half an inch thick with a small mirror and comes with two sponge applicators.

on 11/17/2011 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Wow. These are some of the best pigments that I have thus experienced from powder eye shadows outside of the more expensive brands. Some of the shades are even better than the department store colors equivalent. For such rich pigmentation, these products are very easy to blend and layer over each other. My favorite pigments are the purples and the reddish tones. There is a huge variety in color choices! However, a lot of the very tiny pans pop out as you travel with the palette. I love the variety of combinations and looks that can be created from these lustrous colors! Definitely need to stock up on this product.