Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

4.2

on 3/29/2014 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this for 8 dollars last summer and its a good investment if you use tons of bright colors. Very pigmented, very inexpensive and a huge variety. I don't recall any duds in this palette either.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

When I ordered this product, I was very excited for it. There is every color under the sun and it is so beautiful to look at. The packaging is flimsy though, so one the eyeshadows was broken, and soon one of them dropped out and got destroyed( not that I was partial to that color). But the more I used them, the more I realized that the quality was rather poor. The colors were very dusty and kind of chalky, and it was hard to get good color pay off, especially on my dark lids. And if I rubbed them, the color would completely fade and the shimmer would be left. To be honest, I practically never reach for this palette because alot lf the colors just aren't good quality. That being said, it is great as a beginner palette because it gives you to the chance to experiment with colors and is good as a backup palette for when you need a color but don't have it any other palette, and it's a good deal overall. But don't expect great quality from the colors

on 12/14/2012 10:08:00 PM

I'm so glad I got this. Seriously- every color you would ever need at such an affordable price. The eyeshadows are very pigmented and ultra shimmery. Some people might complain they are too small (dime sized), but how often do you go through eyeshadows? Plus, with so many colors it is hard to. I would recommend this palette to any beginners with makeup to start off your collection.

on 2/27/2012 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

this product is so over rated i hate it ...

This is a really awesome palette! so many colors and the pigmentation is really good! they dont crease and dont fade if you use a primer underneath. The colors are so vibrant and for the price this is so cheap! I dont think I would buy this again just because Im sure Ill never end up using every single color up in this!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This was my very first palette ever! I was so excited to get it in the mail and it totally lived up to my expectations! It's a very very reasonable price for what you get: 88 well pigmented shades. They glide on smoothly and are not overly shimmery at all. There are only one or two shades in here that aren't as rich as the other ones. With this palette, you can create any look you want! One con is that two of the pans fell out of the palette because they weren't glued down as well as the others. But they only popped out because I dropped the palette. LOL. But I would definitely recommend this to everyone! This is a must have product!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this palette in the set that has all 4 palettes together and all I have to say is this product is absolutely worth every cent. Quality is great. PIgmentation is excellent. Not a lot of fall out and best of all, there is so much colors to choose from. there are infinite possiblities to all the looks you can create with palette. I definitely recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this palette 1 or 2 months ago,and when I first opened it,I feel so amazed by its variety of shimmer colors. I dont use it very much though,too much color too little time to play with. The brushs are quite useful too but I'd recommend you trying with your own eyeshadow brush,which should be hydrated by some wet tissues to apply the colors well,since they are powdery. Eye primer is a must-have item also.

I wont say that this is a product suitable for beginners, it can also be used for professional make up,as many artists in my country do.

The price isnt that cheap in here,due to the currency rate,but it worths.

I wont re-purchase it again,not because of the price or the quality,just cuz I'd prefer something I can carry around.

on 6/7/2011 1:05:00 PM

I'll admit that I was one of those hesitant to buy this product. I wasn't exactly sure since I don't tend to use products that may be made in China, but after talking to some friends who have used it and comparing this palette to a BH one, I decided to just jump and get it. Plus it was 30% off AND I got the combo with the original 88 palette so it was even cheaper. In the end, I got the 88 original palette, the 88 shimmer and the True Black gel liner for just over $40 incl shipping.

The shadows are shiny, Very very shiny. I wouldn't use it for everyday looks but I do mix and match my matte colors with the shimmers for a little tone down look. They are highly pigmented, which I found out the hard way after loading my shadow brush with a lot of the royal blue and seeing that the color was just popping out of my eye when applying it. I have a problem with creasing because of oily skin but these stay on well with a primer though I do find that even if the colors blend, they still look really pretty.

One last thing I have to say is that when I did open the box, the palettes were wrapped in what seemed like a few layers of bubble wrap to keep them from getting damaged in the post.

If I ever run out (and that's a big IF) I would definitely buy from here again!!

on 10/27/2010 9:42:00 AM

I love the colors! Very beautiful and vibrant. The eye shadow glides on smoothly and it gives it a nice touch. I think I bought it for less than 15 bucks. I don't remember where I got it from. But it is worth it. The packaging was nicely done. The colors do promise to give what it shows.
However the only thing I don't like is that the amount of eye shadows are small and they do come out of there hole when the palette has been moved around. So be careful when you open it or else you might drop and waste a good eye shadow color on the floor. I need to super glue mine, but I've been too lazy. I'd definately will buy it again. But not for a long time since this product will last me a while.