Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

3.8

on 2/27/2012 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

this product is so over rated i hate it ...

on 2/23/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

As an Urban Decay junkie, I was hesitant to purchase this palette at first. I was used to 'high end' shadows, but after reading many raving reviews on the palette, I decided to take the plunge. I bought it on Amazon for $16, and that was with shipping. The shadows are gorgeous. They're shimmery, creamy and opaque. They're not too powdery, as some more inexpensive shadows tend to be. There are a ton of colors, so you can create many, many different looks. They work well together, but they also work well combined with shadows from other brands. Overall, this was probably the best $16 I've spent on eyeshadow in a long time. I would definitely purchase again - that is if I ever run out!

on 10/5/2010 5:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this palette from someone who bought it on a website and got a second one after some damages to the first one. I payed it ridicolously low, because of this, something like 6$ incl. shipping. the palette arrived in perfect conditions. In the beginning I did not really like it. I thought the colors were definetly TOO frosty and shimmery, and too "teenager" like. then I started learning how to use them, blend them properly, and now I have to say it's one of my favourite products for day and night looks. of course for the day I stick with more neutral colors, bronze, golden, browns... but for the night I can do crazy looks with pink or purple, bright greens, and lots of colors I would never buy in single eyeshadows.
I have to say it took me some time to appreciate it, but now I could not live without it! some colors are really beautiful, and I like it much more than the 120 colors.
I think I will purchase soon the 88warm color, as a daily makeup product. all in all I really love this product, it's so cheap and the colors are really pigmented. as other girls said, is just a must-have.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This palette is perfect for days when you want something 'different' but don't want to spend lots of $$$$ for colors you may wear only once or twice.
The only downsides are the palette itself; it reminds me of the ones I would get as a kid....even smells like them too. And a few of the colors are slightly chalky. Aside from that, I'm pretty happy with this purchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

All of the colors were a litle intimidating at first, but I LOVE it! I would have paid MORE than $20 for it. I couldn't wait for it to get to my house after I ordered it. For the first few days, everytime I opened it I saw angels fly out and music playing. Lol. I really, really enjoy having so many options and different looks. It is definitely for those who enjoy playing around with make-up and going for different looks.

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've heard so much hype about this palette and how it's very comparable to Mac eyeshadows so I ordered it and was very happy when I recieved it. The packaging was great and nothing had broken during shipping, but as I tried on the eyeshadows I wasn't so happy anymore. Even with a primer the lighter colors hardly show up and it has a kind of chunky texture to it. There is way way too much fallout and my whole entire face ends up a shimmery mess afterwards so I always have to stick some tissue on my cheeks before I apply it. The darker colors are amazing and I love them, but there's still an issue with fallout. I also have somewhat sensitive skin and have found that when I use these eyeshadows the skin around my eyes becomes very itchy and causes my eyes to water and burn or it could just be the new brushes I bought thats irritating my skin. Overall the pigmentation is great on most of the colors except for the very light ones, but the fallout is horrible. It's not too comparable to Mac, but it gets the job done. If something happened to my palette I would buy another one just because the price is great, but I would definitely stick to my Mac and Urban Decay.

on 1/5/2010 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love the fact that you get to try lots of different colors , most of the colors I wont wear thou, and why there has to be 10 different shades of yellow and orange is a bit odd.
The colors are very frosty! and very chalky, tons of fallout. Very low quality like something you would find in a dollar store. Will definitely not repurchase.

on 1/5/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Very pretty range of pigmented colors. I have a lot of fun creating different looks. The eyeshadows are small but you still can get a lot of usage out of them.

The consistency of some of the colors is very chalky and hard to blend. The packaging is cheap and the shadows pop out but thats not a major problem, they can be crazy glued back in.

I like this palette a lot and would buy it again.

on 12/7/2009 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

AMAZING product!!! Definitely 5 lipsticks! The colours are so pretty and the pigment is great! Also I've noticed I don't get creasing as I do with other eyeshadows which I was very pleased with. The colours are so vibrant and this palette lasts you a very long time. I am amazed by the quality of this product, I cannot believe I only paid 19.95 + shipping. It was really worth it.
For Didgeridoo, I really think you need to exchange your product because what you received sounds nothing like the other palletes.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I finally got my hands on about 2 months ago and I truely love it , I have heard a few people say that its not so great because they are nuetral/matte gals. Gotta understand its the Shimmer palette lol!
I love the color payoff and the color choices are amazing and even though they are tiny e/s's, It will take me FOREVER To use everyone or just one! I tried telling myself that none of the colors arent like MAC e/s's but I do find that some have the same payoff in my view. Would definitely buy/swap again but I dont think I will need too :)