Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Filtered by hair type : Other
Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette
Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

on 3/23/2009 10:02:00 PM

Sorry to be the dissent here, but I hated this palette. I got the one with the matte case. These are supposed to be the same as the ones with the shiny cases. Mine arrived with several of the shadows loose from the cheap glue they use. The shadows were chalky, impossible to blend, and fall out city. To be fair, I think these may be made to be applied wet, and I applied mine dry with brushes.

This is a hell lot of colours! They look much better when applied wet and a little dip of the brush picks up a lot of shadow. Its rather easy to blend and apply which is good for me cuz i'm a rookie at eye makeup. Yes i will repurchase this after a long time... there are just so many colours! EDIT: i swatched the pinks and reds on the back of my hand and despite using an oil based Fancl makeup remover these colours did not wash off completely. A tinge of colour remained on my skin and i practically had to scrub it off. If its so hard to remove these colours can pretty much stain your eyelids. Its now a NO for me. Sorry coastal scents! Ps: its made in china.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I think I got a bad one or something. It smells funky, it's hard to blend, and the eyeshadow pans keep falling out of the palette. Really disappointing considering that it was a good price for so many colors.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My first reaction to this product is "No no no! Don't do it!" THe shadows are chalky and useless. But then i decided to try one of them wet. And now I would have to say these shadows are alright. Still not super great, nothing to rave about, but they work if you wet your brush first! I have only tried one color so far.. and I will update as soon as I have tried out more of the colors!

UPDATE!: Ended up getting rid of it. LOL Guess that shows how i feel about this palette. I do not recommend even trying this. Just go try some other palette, even if it costs a little more it will be worth it.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Some of the pros I found with this were obviously the variety of colours and the price. I cant complain too much about the quality of the eyeshadows because the price is so good. I definitely prefer my more expensive eyeshadows like the urban decay shadows. I think this is a great palette for people just starting off with makeup or people who dont really use crazy colour on a daily basis and just want to have the options of colours in their collections (like me)

This palette has many colors and it is fantastic if you are just beginning or only have certain colors and want to try many more. With that being said, for me...it is a bit of a waste!

When I first got mine I was shocked by the pigmentation, well some of them I suppose. I didn't find myself using this palette often because the colours are so bright. There are browns in here but the shimmer/sheen overshines the pigmentation in it and when worn on the eye, looks cheap. As for the colours some of them aren't that pigmented especially the yellows which are very powdery to work with. The only times I do use it is when I'm missing a shade of green or pink but other than that, it just sits there. And the packaging is really bad, both screws came off already,

on 12/14/2012 10:08:00 PM

I'm so glad I got this. Seriously- every color you would ever need at such an affordable price. The eyeshadows are very pigmented and ultra shimmery. Some people might complain they are too small (dime sized), but how often do you go through eyeshadows? Plus, with so many colors it is hard to. I would recommend this palette to any beginners with makeup to start off your collection.

This is a lovely palette! Since it's named the 88 Ultra Shimmer palette I was expecting the colours to be ultra shimmery, even more so than the Metal Mania Palette. I am glad the eyeshadows don't look too shimmery on my NC44 skin. I do notice that some of the shadows have less pigmentation than others and some of the pale beige and light colours are harder to blend. However, there are so many nice colours in this palette that are nicely pigmented it makes up for the ones that are not as nicely pigmented! The green shades are well represented, with so many greens available. If you are a green eyeshadow lover I think you will be happy with this palette. There are also some nice gold toned shadows, and bronzes. So many options! I've discovered using a small amount of Urban Decay Primer Potion and then applying my MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre or Painterly on top of UDPP seems to really help these shadows stay on 10 + hours on my oily lids.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

For the price, is definitely cheap. I love how pigmented these are, and the colors are very vibrant. The staying power sucks when worn alone, but I use my UDPP with this and it stays on all day just like any eye shadow when worn with this base. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes either, and the color combination are endless. Love it!