Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Filtered by hair type : Other
Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette
Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

on 12/14/2012 10:08:00 PM

I'm so glad I got this. Seriously- every color you would ever need at such an affordable price. The eyeshadows are very pigmented and ultra shimmery. Some people might complain they are too small (dime sized), but how often do you go through eyeshadows? Plus, with so many colors it is hard to. I would recommend this palette to any beginners with makeup to start off your collection.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Some of the pros I found with this were obviously the variety of colours and the price. I cant complain too much about the quality of the eyeshadows because the price is so good. I definitely prefer my more expensive eyeshadows like the urban decay shadows. I think this is a great palette for people just starting off with makeup or people who dont really use crazy colour on a daily basis and just want to have the options of colours in their collections (like me)

on 11/17/2011 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Wow. These are some of the best pigments that I have thus experienced from powder eye shadows outside of the more expensive brands. Some of the shades are even better than the department store colors equivalent. For such rich pigmentation, these products are very easy to blend and layer over each other. My favorite pigments are the purples and the reddish tones. There is a huge variety in color choices! However, a lot of the very tiny pans pop out as you travel with the palette. I love the variety of combinations and looks that can be created from these lustrous colors! Definitely need to stock up on this product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this palette in the set that has all 4 palettes together and all I have to say is this product is absolutely worth every cent. Quality is great. PIgmentation is excellent. Not a lot of fall out and best of all, there is so much colors to choose from. there are infinite possiblities to all the looks you can create with palette. I definitely recommend.

on 7/27/2011 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this palette in a swap and I was kind of nervous because of some of the negative reviews people were saying about it not being good quality, but I beg to differ. This is my new fav. The colors blend nicely. They have good pigmentation. If you tap off your brush first you wont have a problem with fall out, least I dont. I really think this is a good buy and would defiently recommend it.

This is a lovely palette! Since it's named the 88 Ultra Shimmer palette I was expecting the colours to be ultra shimmery, even more so than the Metal Mania Palette. I am glad the eyeshadows don't look too shimmery on my NC44 skin. I do notice that some of the shadows have less pigmentation than others and some of the pale beige and light colours are harder to blend. However, there are so many nice colours in this palette that are nicely pigmented it makes up for the ones that are not as nicely pigmented! The green shades are well represented, with so many greens available. If you are a green eyeshadow lover I think you will be happy with this palette. There are also some nice gold toned shadows, and bronzes. So many options! I've discovered using a small amount of Urban Decay Primer Potion and then applying my MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre or Painterly on top of UDPP seems to really help these shadows stay on 10 + hours on my oily lids.

on 5/26/2011 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I love this palette!
So many amazing colors and so many combination options. Great for travel.
I've orderd it about 6 months ago and it looks brand new. Even though I use it almost every day (I have the original 88 palette as well), you can barely see any change in the amount of product.

Great products as this is an amazing value. A little over $20 for 88 eyeshadows.
However they are hit and misses as some of the colors re not as pigmented as others (most are good).
Need primer underneath, or else they crease (not a problem for me as I use a primer all the time).
Packaging 2/5 as one of the hinges on mine already broke after a week's usage. Also sometimes the glue will come undone on one of the pan of the eyeshadows, so when I open my palette another time one eyeshadow will be falling out. I just place it back in so its not a problem, but still annoying.

I bought this originally to play around with as it has almost any color you want, but now I use it with UDPP for nights out! I have the matte palette and I have to say this one is better in terms of application and pigmentation.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

For the price, is definitely cheap. I love how pigmented these are, and the colors are very vibrant. The staying power sucks when worn alone, but I use my UDPP with this and it stays on all day just like any eye shadow when worn with this base. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes either, and the color combination are endless. Love it!

on 10/5/2010 11:43:00 AM

Affordable, easy to layer and work with, and really that is all I ask for when I do make-up. It certainly is not MAC or Chanel but it does it's job and lasts through the day. I prefer to use a neutral eyeshadow base on my clients prior to applying shadow and I like to use this shimmer palette as highlighters on top of matte shadows.