Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/20/2009 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really don't like this palette. I have several other palettes from Coastal Scents, including the original 88, which is a lot better than this one. The shadows are chalky. I wouldn't really call them shimmery as much as I would call them "frosty." I was extraordinarily disappointed with the packaging. Several of the shadows fell right out of the pan, and I had to use super glue to get them to stay in.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was super excited to buy this palette, as it was the first big eyeshadow palette that I had ever bought. I originally thought that Coastal Scents was the actual manufacturer of this product, but soon found out thereafter that this palette is mass distributed and is actually made in China. There are several makeup companies that sell this exact same palette for at different prices. However, the cheapest place to buy it from is actually off of eBay.

The colors of the eye shadows that come within this palette are beautiful and appear at hindsight to be highly pigmented. However, if you do not apply a good eyeshadow primer/eyeshadow base underneath these eye shadows they aren't long-lasting at all, won't show up highly pigmented, and will definitely crease. Plus, the eye shadows are quite powdery as well.

Overall, I was not very impressed with this palette as a whole. And, do not plan to ever re-purchase it again. As, it is not of high quality.

on 2/13/2009 1:49:00 AM

I finally got this palette, and I love it. Shimmer is very soft, color pay off is great, and there is so many to choose from it'll take me a lifetime to discover all the different combinations! :) Although individual shadows are tiny, they will last a while (they are nicely pigmented). Very blendable as well, and they don't crease (although I do use UDPP).

I tossed out the sponge applicator, but they are all crappy no matter the brand, so don't be put off by this. I read some complaints with the case, but I have not had any yet (granted, I don't get in a habit of dropping things either LOL).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This was my very first palette ever! I was so excited to get it in the mail and it totally lived up to my expectations! It's a very very reasonable price for what you get: 88 well pigmented shades. They glide on smoothly and are not overly shimmery at all. There are only one or two shades in here that aren't as rich as the other ones. With this palette, you can create any look you want! One con is that two of the pans fell out of the palette because they weren't glued down as well as the others. But they only popped out because I dropped the palette. LOL. But I would definitely recommend this to everyone! This is a must have product!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

so everybody has agreed that the pigmentation is AMAZING, and everybody is right! the colors are all so pretty. this pallette is perfect for me because i am just starting out with getting serious with makeup. i love anything that glitters and sparkles, so it was perfect for me. there was only one eyeshadow that was out of place when i opened the box, but it was a pale yellow i would probably never use. A dark brown fell out later on, but it's not too bad. no eyeshadow had fallen out of any of them. all in all,this product is totally worth every penny. oh, and i ordered the second cheapest s&h on the website, and it came in only three days later! and this was during the holiday btw.