Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

4.3

on 8/15/2010 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am not a fan of this palette. The colours are so shimmery and there is a lot of fall-out when you try to put them on your eyes. Also, the glue that holds the little colours in the palette is coming loose and I had to re-glue some back down in place. The price is good for 88 colours, but the product itself it not very good.

on 12/13/2012 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This product is highly pigmented and stay on with good eye primers (I use clarins flash balm, topped off with l'oreal nude magique bb, setting loose powder, eyelid primer and cream eyeshadow prior to application), stays on for the whole 12h on my oily lids. I've made some lovely experimentations but in the end find myself reaching for it rather rarely.

I love the oranges for neutralizing my under-eye dark circle prior to garnier roll-on cafeine concealer. Definitely helps it gain extra longevity.

Nowadays I prefer putting some vibrant colors on my lid, blended with naked shade from the naked palette, darkhorse for the crease and creep for the wing. Borderline of vibrant and natural <3

3 years after purchase, just for the sake of updating my review:
I didn't regret buying this back on my beginner make up university days, but after working for a few years and having kids I would've rather invested my money straight on one of the sleek i-divine palettes that suits my complexion (namely sunset palette). I reached out to it way more, with the UDN and cargo warm neutral palette as well. It's alright for experimentation. Goes on buttery creamy but fades after 1-2 hours even with the best of the primers.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

the packaging was great but this palette has very few pigmented colors, the pinks are probally the best colors as well as the purples, colors hardly show up but its a good deal this is def for someone just starting off in makeup..i found this a good use on to doing others makeup..that way u can control the massive fallout of these things!. its a good price. they r abount the size of a dime......

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this palette a lot! It has very nice colors in it though I dont use all the colors (like blue and purple). I will repurchase. The only bad thing was that I had to pay 10 dolors shipping.

on 9/14/2009 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have to say that i use this pallete ALOT! A lot of the colors are neutral and therefore easy to wear by themselves while others are good to try out to see if you like em (brighter colors) However, I do have some cons to share:
-colors move around a little bit
-the shadows are crazy small

overall though I really like this product!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this pallette from seeing the reviews on Youtube as well. The shipping was super fast and they gave me a sample of some neon green glitter which I might not wear..but maybe so. I really like this pallette you gotta be vesatile, have a good base, and want to experiment with different colors..and this pallette has all the colors of the rainbow and then some. Ladies you gotts try it...awesome for a Ladies Night party....before hitting the time..do eahc other up with this pallette! I'm rocking it for St Pattys Day..since they have every green you could think of here.

on 2/8/2009 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is the same as the Coastal Scents 88 palette but with shimmer. They are beautiful vibrant colors. These are not as chalky as the original 88 palette. The case does have a mirror and two sponge applicators. Overall this is a good buy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

For the price you're paying, this palette is definitely worth the purchase. The colors are highly pigmented, the shades are varied, and the possibities are endless. I do have a few complaints, though. First, this palette seems to have few to some lustre shades (which I avoid because of the fallout) and the shimmer in the rest of the shades is just a little too much for me. I sort of wished I'd bought the original palette, because after using this one, I've decided that I'm not too big a fan of sparkly/shimmer eyeshadow. Another problem is that too many of the shades are in the green-blue spectrum, which aren't really to be used on a regular basis (I'm more of a neutral, understated type of girl). If you like vibrant, look-at-me colors, this palette is for you, but if you like wearable, work-appropriate colors, you might want to opt for the neutral 25 palette.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I really enjoy using this palette, it gives me tons of colors to play with can create nearly unlimited looks with this. The pigmentation of the shadows is great, and I don't notice much fallout(although it doesn't bother me anyway). Each shadow is about the size of a dime, which although small, is a reasonable size considering how many shadows there are. So overall I really enjoy this palette. And to all of those of you that are complaining about the shimmer in any way, this is the SHIMMER pallet, if you don't like shimmer, why'd you buy it?

on 7/27/2011 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this palette in a swap and I was kind of nervous because of some of the negative reviews people were saying about it not being good quality, but I beg to differ. This is my new fav. The colors blend nicely. They have good pigmentation. If you tap off your brush first you wont have a problem with fall out, least I dont. I really think this is a good buy and would defiently recommend it.