Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette
Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

4.3

I love this palette. I love all eye shadows from Coastal Scents. I was a bit Leary about purchasing something I had never seen online, but I was not disappointed. I have been using this product for 4 years, and have purchased it twice. It is my go to palette for daily use. I use E.L.F eye shadow primer underneath, and the colors stay on all day long. Urban Decay is a little more pigmented, as it should be for the price, but Coastal Scents gives it a run for their money. The only negative to this palette is the packaging. The mirror always breaks off and the shadows pop out. It is poorly made. Other than that, the makeup itself is worth the price. I also own the Reveled 1,2,3 and 88 palette with matte and satin colors. Because of these shadows I have not purchased MAC or any of the other expensive make up brands since I started using these. It doesn't make sense to pay top dollar when I can pay less and get the same looks.

on 12/14/2013 9:06:00 AM

I adored this palette for two reasons: Variety & Cost. It was always there in a pinch to matchup some outfit or a last min costume.

But you get what you pay for, a lot of the little pots keep popping out only to be lost. The makeup breaks very easily too.

Good luck committing to a color, or giving a tutorial with any clarity, the colors are nameless and you cannot purchase them seperatly. I fell in love with the lime green shimmery color only to run out of it after a few weeks of application. Also the palette wouldn't fit into any of my makeup bags and isn't portable by any means seeing it doesn't stay shut.

Le sigh.

I like the color selection, it's really everything + more then you ever wanted! I can understand the hype of this product since it is very cheap (I bought it for 10$ + shipping from their official webshop) and the quality is okay.
But unfortunately many colors doesn't stay if you don't use an eye primer. Some of them I can't even apply without it!
I think if you don't want to use it for every day, or just want to try out new colors and color combinations, I can recommend it to you. But the hype around this product is definitly because of the price and not because of the quality.

I LOVE this palette ! I have some MAC eyeshadows and was able to find dupes for ALL of them . Great quality for such a low price. Some are less pigmeted than others , nut with a primer they work great ! Love, Love ,Love!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Good selection of colors, but most of them are very chalky, I use very high quality brushes to make these eyeshadows work.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I swear by this palette. I've given it as a gift several times and bought one for myself. The colors go on smooth and are very vibrant, some more shimmery than others. There are a few that are pretty close to being matte. The black is FANTASTIC, very pigmented like the rest of the colors, and I've never had much of a problem with fallout. The packaging is nice, but fingerprints do tend to get on the case. I've had the pots come out, but only after being dropped and they can be glued right back in. The price is a steal for all of the colors. I would definitely recommend this palette.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this! :)
I got a broken shadow when it arrived though.. Contacted CS and let's see what happens. I love all of the ccolors! Highly pigmented and just wonderful. Won't buy again because i dont think i will have to! (:
EDIT:
CS sent me a new pallete, for free! So i guess now i have two, lol. Wont ever need another eyeshadow in my life..

on 5/16/2010 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love these eyeshadows! I use they with a eye primer and they last all day. The color pay off is amazing! You can do so many different looks with this palette. I can do everyday looks to going out. I like these shadows better than my mac ones! for $20 its an amazing deal if you like shimmer eyeshadows!

I was pleased to find that all the eyeshadows were intact after I received it in the mail. I would never buy blue and green (and other bright colours) on their own, so it is nice to have a wide selection to choose from if there is ever an occasion where I want to wear them (or if I'm feeling a bit adventurous). Some colours are more pigmented than others. I also find that some of them flake more, so beware of fallout. They blend easily and in general, are very high quality eyeshadows. Even though this is a good and fun product, I will probably never repurchase this since I doubt that I will ever use all the colours thoroughly.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I love this palette, after seeing great reviews on Youtube I decided I would buy it and see how great it was for myself. It is now my favourite eyeshadow palette! Each eyeshadow blends beautifully and you only need a small amount on your brush of each colour to achieve your look. I did get a small amount of fallout but it wiped off nicely with a fan brush..so no problem! I am constanly complimented on my eye makeup when I use this palette. I recommend everyone has an 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette in their makeup collection.