Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Price: $

on 2/23/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

As an Urban Decay junkie, I was hesitant to purchase this palette at first. I was used to 'high end' shadows, but after reading many raving reviews on the palette, I decided to take the plunge. I bought it on Amazon for $16, and that was with shipping. The shadows are gorgeous. They're shimmery, creamy and opaque. They're not too powdery, as some more inexpensive shadows tend to be. There are a ton of colors, so you can create many, many different looks. They work well together, but they also work well combined with shadows from other brands. Overall, this was probably the best $16 I've spent on eyeshadow in a long time. I would definitely purchase again - that is if I ever run out!

on 3/23/2010 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this a couple years ago with the matte pallete, i don`t reach for this pallete. I prefer the matte pallete. The colors in this pallete are not pigmented too frosty, a lot of fall out and chalky.
Would not repurchase.

on 4/9/2009 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I didn't really like this palette much. I got it over the matte one, because mattes tend to be harder to work with, especially on my dry skin. These were really frosty as the name suggests. I liked the idea of this palette, but just found that I never really used it, because the colours in it are all so bright and shimmery. There really isn't much in the way of variation - i.e. neutrals and pastels which are more wearable. The shadows themselves are a little flaky and dusty, and since they're so tiny it's hard to get a brush into the colour without getting flakes of that colour everywhere, so they're not the easiest to work with. This is an okay palette for someone wanting to experiment with bright colours on a budget, but it's not for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I finally got my hands on about 2 months ago and I truely love it , I have heard a few people say that its not so great because they are nuetral/matte gals. Gotta understand its the Shimmer palette lol!
I love the color payoff and the color choices are amazing and even though they are tiny e/s's, It will take me FOREVER To use everyone or just one! I tried telling myself that none of the colors arent like MAC e/s's but I do find that some have the same payoff in my view. Would definitely buy/swap again but I dont think I will need too :)