Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette
Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

4.1

I love this palette. I love all eye shadows from Coastal Scents. I was a bit Leary about purchasing something I had never seen online, but I was not disappointed. I have been using this product for 4 years, and have purchased it twice. It is my go to palette for daily use. I use E.L.F eye shadow primer underneath, and the colors stay on all day long. Urban Decay is a little more pigmented, as it should be for the price, but Coastal Scents gives it a run for their money. The only negative to this palette is the packaging. The mirror always breaks off and the shadows pop out. It is poorly made. Other than that, the makeup itself is worth the price. I also own the Reveled 1,2,3 and 88 palette with matte and satin colors. Because of these shadows I have not purchased MAC or any of the other expensive make up brands since I started using these. It doesn't make sense to pay top dollar when I can pay less and get the same looks.

on 11/17/2014 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! I have had it for a few years now and ever so often, forget I have it due to my Urban Decay Naked products. They are my go to BUT when I want to do something to spice my look up a but, I grab this!
Very pigmented colors and they stay on alllll day long! :-)
The only problem I have is that the eyeshadow is glued in with a tiny little bit of glue so they will pop out every once in a while. It is no big deal to glue them back in but I wish I didn't have to lol

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

FUN product!! I got this from a rec off a FB page, she was doing her "looks" w this & I loved how she did her makeup. Of course YMMV, but I loveeeee this palette!! I just detest ordering things online. I like to buy in person, but that was impossible, so I broke down & ordered this & was NOT DISAPPOINTED!! This has a lot of crazy colors I never thought I would use, would never have purchased on their own & all at the same time LUV!! I found out that it comes in pretty handy in trying to replicate looks I find online & that experimenting w/ the unorthodox crazy colors can be pretty fun! Lotsa colors there, I don't get what the difference is between Coastal Scents & BH, seems like they have a lot of duplicate similar items. I adore this crazy palette, I had forgotten I even had it for a time, I feel like all these colors will last a lifetime, but I have the BH Neutral 88 palette & get a lot of good use out of both. The quality is great, ESP over a base like NYX White. I love the whole creative process that goes along w makeup. Your toned, moisturized face in the AM is your blank canvas!! I did not know I could pull off red or yellow e/s.... Same w greens & teals. I have so many brown, beige, white, & champagne duplicates so this palette is just a ton of fun & I think I paid approx US$15 for it last summer, maybe less, I don't recall but it would take a ton of $$$ to try to collect all of these shadows by themselves, so this is an excellent bargain. I would rec this palette to anybody whom wants a good quality, versatile, affordable, big palette they can experiment w or build their collection or for a young lady whom doesn't have a big collection just starting out w makeup, although many of these shades would be too bright for a pre-teen/teenaged girl. Good for a broke student or somebody whom likes good quality DS makeup. Would be a great gift as it is got a lot of novelty to it. No, it's not MAC or UD, but it is a very nice palette nonetheless & you will probably reach for it more often than you think, esp if you like to duplicate looks you see online then something like this is essential.

on 3/29/2014 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this for 8 dollars last summer and its a good investment if you use tons of bright colors. Very pigmented, very inexpensive and a huge variety. I don't recall any duds in this palette either.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I like this palette. I bought it about a year or two ago on amazon. I do kinda regret not searching eBay because you can find it from the originals in China for a much cheaper price. Lesson learned but moving on this is a great palette and it is a better alternative to buying single pots of eye shadows. The colors are gorgeous and to make the colors last all day and not crease use an eye primer/base. I use the NYX one. Other than that it doesn't last without a base/primer underneath.

The one complaint I have about this is from whoever shipped this from amazon didn't package well because when I got it a few of the eye shadow pots were out of place.

Love this the colors last all day long and I absolutely love it ! The packaging is nice too

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I really enjoy using this palette, it gives me tons of colors to play with can create nearly unlimited looks with this. The pigmentation of the shadows is great, and I don't notice much fallout(although it doesn't bother me anyway). Each shadow is about the size of a dime, which although small, is a reasonable size considering how many shadows there are. So overall I really enjoy this palette. And to all of those of you that are complaining about the shimmer in any way, this is the SHIMMER pallet, if you don't like shimmer, why'd you buy it?

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This was my very first palette ever! I was so excited to get it in the mail and it totally lived up to my expectations! It's a very very reasonable price for what you get: 88 well pigmented shades. They glide on smoothly and are not overly shimmery at all. There are only one or two shades in here that aren't as rich as the other ones. With this palette, you can create any look you want! One con is that two of the pans fell out of the palette because they weren't glued down as well as the others. But they only popped out because I dropped the palette. LOL. But I would definitely recommend this to everyone! This is a must have product!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 11/17/2011 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Wow. These are some of the best pigments that I have thus experienced from powder eye shadows outside of the more expensive brands. Some of the shades are even better than the department store colors equivalent. For such rich pigmentation, these products are very easy to blend and layer over each other. My favorite pigments are the purples and the reddish tones. There is a huge variety in color choices! However, a lot of the very tiny pans pop out as you travel with the palette. I love the variety of combinations and looks that can be created from these lustrous colors! Definitely need to stock up on this product.

on 9/3/2011 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I hardly leave any 5 or 4 star reviews but this is totally worth it.Pigmentation is great and it has a good staying power.There are 5-6 colours who turn out a bit chalky (some yellows and a blue electric) and not so great but overall I'm really satisfied with the value for money.I would actually give it 4.5 stars. Anyway I think it's pretty good for starters.....