Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

4.1

on 5/7/2013 12:57:00 PM

Very disappointed.

The actual purchasing/shipping process went smoothly, and I got the palette within 3 days. The palette was in fine condition when I opened it, nothing broken.

The shadows are much smaller than I had anticipated, but that wasn't a big problem because I figured, "Well, there's so man of them, I certainly won't hit pan on these for a long time"

Tried to apply them. I have fair skin, and even the darkest colors were sheer on my skin. I packed the shadows on until I said, "Eh... I guess I can see them now?" I tried to blend them and hooooly moley, that was like nailing jello to a tree. They did not blend. At all. It was a painful process, and eventually I gave up and said, "Alright, I guess that looks good enough..."

I blinked a few times, and the shadow was completely gone. Just a colorless wash of shimmer left on my eyes.

They are chalky, not nearly as pigmented as people make them out to be, they don't blend, and they look awful.

Do not buy this product. Not even as a beginner. Not ever. No.

on 1/5/2010 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love the fact that you get to try lots of different colors , most of the colors I wont wear thou, and why there has to be 10 different shades of yellow and orange is a bit odd.
The colors are very frosty! and very chalky, tons of fallout. Very low quality like something you would find in a dollar store. Will definitely not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think these are good to experiment with and for those who don't want to spend alot of money. The shadows are super cheap and small, most of them are chalky with the original and this palette is chunky. So it has fallout of the worst kind. I still give it a two for the shades and the shimmer is pretty. They aren't that vibrant. In the pan they look more rich, but on the eye they fade and blend into one shade. That's why the YT girls don't blend the lines very well. I've seen more girls using this, but not blending. Wasted money...

on 3/23/2009 10:02:00 PM

Sorry to be the dissent here, but I hated this palette. I got the one with the matte case. These are supposed to be the same as the ones with the shiny cases. Mine arrived with several of the shadows loose from the cheap glue they use. The shadows were chalky, impossible to blend, and fall out city. To be fair, I think these may be made to be applied wet, and I applied mine dry with brushes.

This is a hell lot of colours! They look much better when applied wet and a little dip of the brush picks up a lot of shadow. Its rather easy to blend and apply which is good for me cuz i'm a rookie at eye makeup. Yes i will repurchase this after a long time... there are just so many colours! EDIT: i swatched the pinks and reds on the back of my hand and despite using an oil based Fancl makeup remover these colours did not wash off completely. A tinge of colour remained on my skin and i practically had to scrub it off. If its so hard to remove these colours can pretty much stain your eyelids. Its now a NO for me. Sorry coastal scents! Ps: its made in china.

on 2/20/2009 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really don't like this palette. I have several other palettes from Coastal Scents, including the original 88, which is a lot better than this one. The shadows are chalky. I wouldn't really call them shimmery as much as I would call them "frosty." I was extraordinarily disappointed with the packaging. Several of the shadows fell right out of the pan, and I had to use super glue to get them to stay in.

on 2/27/2012 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

this product is so over rated i hate it ...

on 12/27/2010 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I just can't good a good colour pay off : (

I do like the many different colours it's great for the days when you feel fancy and don't want to buy all these other colours. The case is okay but mine fell and the lid broke off and the mirror popped out. Not going to complain much because of pricing but I would have liked to be able to get more than drop out of it before it broke.

Over all I'm sad to say I will not buy this again.

on 8/15/2010 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am not a fan of this palette. The colours are so shimmery and there is a lot of fall-out when you try to put them on your eyes. Also, the glue that holds the little colours in the palette is coming loose and I had to re-glue some back down in place. The price is good for 88 colours, but the product itself it not very good.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I think I got a bad one or something. It smells funky, it's hard to blend, and the eyeshadow pans keep falling out of the palette. Really disappointing considering that it was a good price for so many colors.