Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This palette is great because I don't like to use a lot of colour and its great to have just in case I feel like doing something crazy. Its a great value for the money but I think if I had my time back I would have gotten the matte palette instead of the shimmer. Its almost a little too shimmery for my liking and I wear a lot of mattes. However, if you like shimmery eyeshadows....this pallet would be great for you! There is so many options and colour combinations! The pans are only the size of a dime but they last a really long time!

The biggest downfall for me was the quality. They are really pigmented but there is A LOT of fall out (even when I pat it on my eyelid). I didn't realize this until I started using high end eyeshadows that has little to no fall out. I used a gold from this for a look I was doing and I had to redo my concealer there was so much fall out.

This is great for beginners, or for people who wear a lot of neutrals but like to have some colour options in your collection. I said no to repurchase because I don't think I will ever get through this palette and the shimmer is to much for my age. I may use it on clients but I'm starting to increase my high end eyeshadow collection and I am liking the quality of those a lot more.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

For the price, is definitely cheap. I love how pigmented these are, and the colors are very vibrant. The staying power sucks when worn alone, but I use my UDPP with this and it stays on all day just like any eye shadow when worn with this base. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes either, and the color combination are endless. Love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The color payoff is a bit hit and miss with this one (granted, I haven't used all 88 on the eyes, yet, but just from swatching). However, for someone who very rarely wears super bright colors like me, it's a nice way to have, say, a lime green or sunny yellow on hand for some rare occasion without wasting a regularly sized shadow (or money). The packaging looks pretty durable, but in use, it's a little deceiving. It's not the worst, but it won't hold up to too much wear and tear, so be careful when traveling with it. I'm sure I'll never need to repurchase, but I would recommend it. It's a nice set for a makeup beginner or to go outside of your comfort zone with color without spending too much money in the process.

on 7/1/2010 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

this is 25cents per eyeshadow. coastal scents was having a sale. Its amazing that this is quite pigmented. I was not expecting quality but this a organized way to have all colors in one palette. I am having an indian style wedding, so I will keep this in my bridal room so my bridesmaids can use this to create their dramatic looks. The browns are exquisite as well, perfect for everyday, or creating a kim kardasian smokey eye look. I probably wont buy again maybe for someone else, but I guess I am set for next 10 years with this palette. EDIT: I disagree with Babystole's....review above. This may not work for lighter girls, but I have NC40 skintone, and these shades are perfect color saturation. I have bought many many palettes that just didnt show up on my skintone and ran chalky. This palette has the perfect intensity to show up on medium/tan skin. Most colors look very pretty on me, and I get alot of compliments on it. I reserve the brighter colors for night time, and I get just as many oohhs..and ahhs..from girls AND guys.