Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

on 11/17/2014 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! I have had it for a few years now and ever so often, forget I have it due to my Urban Decay Naked products. They are my go to BUT when I want to do something to spice my look up a but, I grab this!
Very pigmented colors and they stay on alllll day long! :-)
The only problem I have is that the eyeshadow is glued in with a tiny little bit of glue so they will pop out every once in a while. It is no big deal to glue them back in but I wish I didn't have to lol

on 12/14/2013 9:06:00 AM

I adored this palette for two reasons: Variety & Cost. It was always there in a pinch to matchup some outfit or a last min costume.

But you get what you pay for, a lot of the little pots keep popping out only to be lost. The makeup breaks very easily too.

Good luck committing to a color, or giving a tutorial with any clarity, the colors are nameless and you cannot purchase them seperatly. I fell in love with the lime green shimmery color only to run out of it after a few weeks of application. Also the palette wouldn't fit into any of my makeup bags and isn't portable by any means seeing it doesn't stay shut.

Le sigh.

on 5/7/2013 6:56:00 PM

This is a great set if you are into creating different looks and not so much into the same "go to look" everyday. There are many colors to choose from, and frankly there are a handful that Im sure I'll never even touch. The price is great, the color payoff is great, and when used with a good primer, it has good staying power as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this because of the reviews on youtube. I was originally planning to get the 88 original palette but they were out of stock, so I settled for this Ultra Shimmer 88 palette instead.

PROS:
- price is great with that many colors in a palette
- I like the compact, very slim and easy to store
- lots of colors & very pigmented

CONS:
- too shimmery for everyday use
- I need an eye primer for this to last all day
- the e/s pan for each color is too small...about the size of a dime

Overall, I'm not a fan of shimmers (that's just me) so I only use this for party, going out late nights, and even halloween makeup. But for everyday use, I skip using this. I don't reach for this palette anymore that I have to give it away to a friend.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this palette in the set that has all 4 palettes together and all I have to say is this product is absolutely worth every cent. Quality is great. PIgmentation is excellent. Not a lot of fall out and best of all, there is so much colors to choose from. there are infinite possiblities to all the looks you can create with palette. I definitely recommend.

ive had this palette for about a year.. when i first purchased it, of course i was so excited i used it all the time... the colors overall are pretty good pigmentation... some are better than others... the lighter colors dont have as much staying power at times... they have a great variety of colors suitable for highlights and some for extreme looks... they work well with other shadows.. and they do terrific with primer potion...my biggest problem here is... the packaging....within a week or so of getting my palette the "clasp" broke... i mean straight up fell apart... within a month several of the pots began coming loose... after about 2 months of using it... it fell from my couch to a plush carpet'd floor and several more came loose... ( i dont think this should have happened... i now have hard-wood floors and have dropped palettes on it..without the same outcome)at this point... there are over 20 pots loose... i know that doesnt really affect the quality of the product.. but in the process some of the shades have been damaged and its really just an inconvenience... very annoying... i still love coast scents products but they really need to amp it up in the packaging/quality department

I think I will buy this product again, but I am not sure as I have had mine for about a year and have only hit pan on two colours. These colours are my go-to colours that I use day-to-day.
Absolutely amazing product.
I researched A LOT on this before I bought it, and couldn't find a bad word about it anywhere!
Love the colours, yes they are shimmery, but you can still have a natural look with them which I love.
I use it daily, and it comes with me whenever I travel too.
There are a few colours that don't go on as well as others, and some colours I don't think I will ever use, but mostly, they are well pigmented, and go on great.
The packaging is a little cheap. When I first got mine, two of the pans kept coming out, so I had to glue them in again. The two sponge applicators are pointless, and I have never used them. The mirror is handy, but never stays clean due to it sitting on top of the eyeshadows all the time.
I like that it's small (considering it has 88 different shadows in it).

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

For the price, is definitely cheap. I love how pigmented these are, and the colors are very vibrant. The staying power sucks when worn alone, but I use my UDPP with this and it stays on all day just like any eye shadow when worn with this base. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes either, and the color combination are endless. Love it!

on 12/27/2010 2:35:00 AM

Love the colors and versatility of the palette. Shadows blend very well even with other brands. I was super impressed with the fast delivery and packing around the palette. My only complaint is that the compact is not the best quality but it is overall a great value.

on 10/27/2010 9:42:00 AM

I love the colors! Very beautiful and vibrant. The eye shadow glides on smoothly and it gives it a nice touch. I think I bought it for less than 15 bucks. I don't remember where I got it from. But it is worth it. The packaging was nicely done. The colors do promise to give what it shows.
However the only thing I don't like is that the amount of eye shadows are small and they do come out of there hole when the palette has been moved around. So be careful when you open it or else you might drop and waste a good eye shadow color on the floor. I need to super glue mine, but I've been too lazy. I'd definately will buy it again. But not for a long time since this product will last me a while.