Davines Nounou Shampoo

Davines Nounou Shampoo

3.1

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Creatine, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract (Chesnut), Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Glycol Distearate, Coco Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Olivamphoacetate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Lauryl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Xanthan Gum, Amodimethicone, C11 15 Pareth 7, Laureth 9, Trideceth 12, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzophenone 4, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Caramel, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Perfume (Fragrance), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

I'm glad I didn't read the reviews on here before purchasing this shampoo otherwise I may have been scared off from trying it.

I've spent the last few years trying and failing to grow my hair longer than shoulder length, but I would quickly get split ends. I used some pretty high end shampoos (Matrix, Goldwell, Kerastase, Joico, etc) and hair masques to combat this trend but my hair would get really brittle and I'd have to cut it and start over.
I have very dark hair and the ends have a little blonde in them so this makes hair quite dry.
Cut to when my mum last went to the hairdressers who swears by Davines hair products. No sulphates, no parabens, just good quality shampoo. I bought a 1L bottle of Nounou shortly thereafter as I'd heard sulphates can dry your hair out.

Results:I've had it for about 2-3 months now and my hair is past shoulder length and... no split ends!! I use conditioner/masque on it everytime I clean it (L'Oréal Expert Intense Repair Masque and Goldwell dualsenses rich repair 6 effects serum). I also want to mention that I can go 3 days without washing my hair now rather than having oily roots pretty much every day.
Lather: It doesn't lather like typical shampoos - so if you crave lots of lather, stay away. It does lather a lot compared to other sulphate-free shampoos I have tried though. The trick is to apply the shampoo the second your hair leaves the shower water, so that there's plenty of water to lather with. I put product in my hands, rubs them together, and try to place it strategically on my head (front/back/sides) and start massaging it in the scalp.
Smell: Quite subtly floral. My boyfriend is a bit picky about smells but he likes this one so has now started using it too. My conditioner and leave-in conditioners have different smells mind you so I can't comment on the lasting power of the smell of this shampoo.
Price: it's expensive. I really recommend getting it on sale. If you like it after you try it, buy the 1L bottle, it'll save you moolah.

I'm on a Davines binge now. I've just purchased a 1L bottle of the Oi Shampoo and leave-in milk. I've heard great things and can't wait to try it!

on 6/22/2016 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first started using this it was okay. I didn't see a noticeable difference in the way my hair felt. After a while it started making my scalp itchy and greasy. I really would not recommend this to anyone. There are much better shampoos on the market in the same price range.

Davines shampoos and conditioners are the best on the market. They make your hair gorgeous.

on 11/1/2013 10:52:00 PM

I highly recommend this shampoo.

It is very refreshing, cleans my hair well, and is easy to wash out. My hair still smells and feels clean 12 hours after using it. The texture is very light and easy to wash. The only downside is you have to use a ton of it if you have long hair.

I will buy again

I am not a fan of this shampoo. I have pretty good hair. It's thick and healthy, and doesn't take much effort at all to look good. I know there's a lot of stuff out there about silicones and sulfates etc, and I guess this brand is working from that angle. I'm a simple girl with simple hair, and the old school stuff works best for me. I don't like the fact that it is low lather or whatever. I let my hair get dirty for a few days after washing, because I think it's healthier that way, and also because I'm lazy. This shampoo didn't cut it. It was really watery and didn't clean my hair. I guess it smelled alright, but who cares if it doesn't do anything?

on 7/23/2013 9:59:00 PM

I actually love this shampoo. I have very sensitive skin and dry hair and this stuff does not irritate at all, and does not strip my hair. Great for color retention.

Based on a conversation with my hairdresser (who loves this line) I tried using it in a different way from the way I use American products - I use one pump of the shampoo on wet hair, then add a LOT more water. Then I get a lot of nice lather and it rinses clean. I have to think some of the issues people have had in the negative reviews may have been from expecting it to be like American shampoo - use a ton of it and get a ton of lather, when using less product and more water is the best method. Using that little product, an 8 ounce bottle will last me 6 months, so the price does not seem high.

I do use the NouNou conditioner as well and think they work best together.

Some people don't like the smell, but I think it is very fresh and it does not linger.

I have short hair which is coloured regularly, but not highlighted or lightened at all. I never blow dry my hair so it's in pretty good condition but i have quite an oily scalp and I use styling cream almost every day. I love this shampoo. It is one of the few i have tried in recent times which makes my hair "sqeak" when I wash with it. I feel that a lot of shampoos now are like a kind of gussied-up pondslime which never seem to quite rinse away. This shampoo rinses easily but isn't at all drying. I also use the conditioner which is really rich, so I use a tiny bit and only on the ends of the hair. Overall it is a nice pairing, my hair feels really soft, shines like mad and I get two to three days between washes depending on how much styling products i am using. My hair has decent volume with it too, which is great as I really have the straightest hair in the known universe and it can be such a damp squib. The packaging does look like it should be cough mixture (the conditioner looks like some sort of bodily fluid in a sample jar) but it is very eco-friendly so that's a plus. the only reason for four lippies is the price - but that's probably a little unfair as it is a premium brand. I am going to compare it to the Oribe shampoo I have waiting in the wings and then whichever wins gets repurchased!

on 1/2/2013 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

One of the better shampoos I've used. Great smell, cleanses well, does not leave residue and does not weigh my hair down. Hair still feels clean and light even after 12 hours. Texture is light, easy to wash off. Quite moisturizing even without the use of conditioner. However i have to use quite a lot to cover my shoulder length hair compared to the amount i use for other shampoos.

on 12/12/2012 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Personally wouldn't purchase for myself because my hair needs a little more "oomph" in terms for hydration. It smells nice, and it detangles my hair nicely while keeping my hair FEELING like hair (no heavy, emollient-like ingredients that slick down the hair).

Just a little heads up on Davines: I work for a company that distributes Davines through our wholesale stores. Salons come in and buy these products in large quantities for their back bar or retail shelves; we are required to be trained in every brand we carry.

For those who think the packaging is flimsy and weird -- I can tell you that Davines' mission is to create high quality hair care while being using biodegradable products. Therefore the plastic is meant to be harmless to the environment as it decomposes, like Aveda products. The tubs used for conditioners are meant to be recycled as snack containers or whatever else you want to store in it.

Some people really don't care, but since I'm from the Pacific Northwest, not recycling is pretty much a sin. Therefore we have more demand for eco-friendly, biodegradable, and vegan products here, not limited to hair care.

on 12/1/2012 12:49:00 AM

Terrible Old Spice smell that I would tolerate if it actually moisturized my hair. I see no difference after using for four months with the Davines Nounou conditioner (also a waste of money).

Popular Shampoos