3.2

price range

Reviews

from

3 days ago

Like a lot of others, I don’t understand the hype. It washes well and smells ok, but my hair is then super tangled and dry, the exact opposite of what I expected. I have used with Nounou mask and conditioner but so very disappointed.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

a month ago

Left my hair clean, light and soft. But so tangled. I could barely get a brush through it. Smells great. Not worth rebuying at this high price.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

9 months ago

My stylist recommended the Davines line for color retention. Since I'd had some issues with fading, I figured I'd try splurging on this line to see if it helped hang onto my color investment. The Nounou shampoo has surprisingly good lather for a sulfate-free product. It gently cleans hair and leaves a mild pleasant scent behind. It's fairly no-frills as far as shampoos go. However, it's doing what I hoped: it's keeping my color on my hair strands, not down the drain. I have zero fading from this product. The packaging is rather uninspiring, and I wish it were less expensive, but it really is a nice shampoo. I worked my way through an 8 oz. bottle and purchased a 1L bottle, so I'm committed for the long haul.

About reviewer (148 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

Nothing on the market has fed my hair like Davines. I have quadruple processed my hair to bleach blonde then back to dark brunette. My hair was so brittle and dry. It was almost like it had melted. This shampoo, along with the Nou Nou hair mask (and Olaplex #2) are bringing my hair back to being pretty rather quickly. I was using just the Olaplex BEFORE I purchased Davines and it was working well. Once I added the Davines to my routine I really started to see the improvement. Love the smell, love the company and I’m totally devoted. *read that this shampoo doesn’t lather well and I have no idea what those people mean...it lathers really well IMO. The texture and feel of the product is heavenly. It rinses so nicely and I can feel the difference in my hair immediately.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I'm glad I didn't read the reviews on here before purchasing this shampoo otherwise I may have been scared off from trying it. I've spent the last few years trying and failing to grow my hair longer than shoulder length, but I would quickly get split ends. I used some pretty high end shampoos (Matrix, Goldwell, Kerastase, Joico, etc) and hair masques to combat this trend but my hair would get really brittle and I'd have to cut it and start over. I have very dark hair and the ends have a little blonde in them so this makes hair quite dry. Cut to when my mum last went to the hairdressers who swears by Davines hair products. No sulphates, no parabens, just good quality shampoo. I bought a 1L bottle of Nounou shortly thereafter as I'd heard sulphates can dry your hair out. Results:I've had it for about 2-3 months now and my hair is past shoulder length and... no split ends!! I use conditioner/masque on it everytime I clean it (L'Oréal Expert Intense Repair Masque and Goldwell dualsenses rich repair 6 effects serum). I also want to mention that I can go 3 days without washing my hair now rather than having oily roots pretty much every day. Lather: It doesn't lather like typical shampoos - so if you crave lots of lather, stay away. It does lather a lot compared to other sulphate-free shampoos I have tried though. The trick is to apply the shampoo the second your hair leaves the shower water, so that there's plenty of water to lather with. I put product in my hands, rubs them together, and try to place it strategically on my head (front/back/sides) and start massaging it in the scalp. Smell: Quite subtly floral. My boyfriend is a bit picky about smells but he likes this one so has now started using it too. My conditioner and leave-in conditioners have different smells mind you so I can't comment on the lasting power of the smell of this shampoo. Price: it's expensive. I really recommend getting it on sale. If you like it after you try it, buy the 1L bottle, it'll save you moolah. I'm on a Davines binge now. I've just purchased a 1L bottle of the Oi Shampoo and leave-in milk. I've heard great things and can't wait to try it!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

When I first started using this it was okay. I didn't see a noticeable difference in the way my hair felt. After a while it started making my scalp itchy and greasy. I really would not recommend this to anyone. There are much better shampoos on the market in the same price range.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGray

4 years ago

Davines shampoos and conditioners are the best on the market. They make your hair gorgeous.

About reviewer (228 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

EyesBrown

6 years ago

I highly recommend this shampoo. It is very refreshing, cleans my hair well, and is easy to wash out. My hair still smells and feels clean 12 hours after using it. The texture is very light and easy to wash. The only downside is you have to use a ton of it if you have long hair. I will buy again

About reviewer (165 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

6 years ago

I am not a fan of this shampoo. I have pretty good hair. It's thick and healthy, and doesn't take much effort at all to look good. I know there's a lot of stuff out there about silicones and sulfates etc, and I guess this brand is working from that angle. I'm a simple girl with simple hair, and the old school stuff works best for me. I don't like the fact that it is low lather or whatever. I let my hair get dirty for a few days after washing, because I think it's healthier that way, and also because I'm lazy. This shampoo didn't cut it. It was really watery and didn't clean my hair. I guess it smelled alright, but who cares if it doesn't do anything?

About reviewer (95 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

7 years ago

I actually love this shampoo. I have very sensitive skin and dry hair and this stuff does not irritate at all, and does not strip my hair. Great for color retention. Based on a conversation with my hairdresser (who loves this line) I tried using it in a different way from the way I use American products - I use one pump of the shampoo on wet hair, then add a LOT more water. Then I get a lot of nice lather and it rinses clean. I have to think some of the issues people have had in the negative reviews may have been from expecting it to be like American shampoo - use a ton of it and get a ton of lather, when using less product and more water is the best method. Using that little product, an 8 ounce bottle will last me 6 months, so the price does not seem high. I do use the NouNou conditioner as well and think they work best together. Some people don't like the smell, but I think it is very fresh and it does not linger.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55