Ole Henriksen enlighten me skin tone corrector

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

4.5

Water (Aqua, Eau), Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Lactic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Calcium Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane, Tetrahydrodemethoxydiferuloylmethane, Tetrahydrobisdemethoxydiferuloylmethane, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit/Leaf Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Sorbitol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Oleth-20

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this serum for hyperpigmentation. I am very prone to sunspots and scarring, and recently had a bout of horrible skin caused by allergies, which left me with brown spots where the irritation was. I tried 8% glycolic acid (Reversa 8% Glycolic Cream) to lighten the spots (made the allergies/irritation worse and my skin looked horrible), Clinique's Even Better serum (made my skin look brighter but did nothing for my spots) and La Roche Posay's Derm AHA serum (was milder than the Reversa but also did nothing other than make me slightly itchy) - nothing worked on the spots and in a lot of the cases it just created more irritation.

When I went to Sephora (just for fun, I said, I'm on a no-buy presently - but of course I ended up with a boatload of stuff) my mom decided to be generous and gift me with the Ole Henriksen serum and a bottle of the Josie Maran Argan Oil. Used in conjunction (argan + serum at night, argan + sunscreen in the morning) it has faded the look of my scars greatly. It smells kind of funny - like citrus redoxon tablets (those vitamin B & C fizzy tabs). The serum is gentle and did not irritate my sensitive skin and actually helped clear up a few new spots (it's not really acne - it's more like an inflammatory spot caused by scratching the allergic parts). I am happy and if in the long run this does not cause any irritation, will continue to use the combination to keep my skin looking even and clear.

One caveat: this is really sticky for the first few minutes after you put it on. I had a lot of random bits (little pieces of lint from towel-drying my face and wiping down with a cotton pad etc.) stuck to my face until it sank in, so make sure your hands & face are as free as possible of lint before you apply. continued >>

I have sensitive/combination skin, so I needed a serum to help lighten old acne scars and even out my complexion from redness due to blemishes past. The serum's scent is pretty similar to lemons, which isn't unpleasant. It doesn't cause any sort of irritation in the form of blemishes to my skin. It sometimes burns a little, but it's not unbearable. After my first use, I noticed improvement in the redness of my skin. I have been using it frequently for the past two weeks and my skin looks far better than it did to begin with. I've been told it isn't a long term solution, but I'm just using it to accentuate the healing process and it is working.

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

image