Ole Henriksen enlighten me skin tone corrector

3.8

Water (Aqua, Eau), Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Lactic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Calcium Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane, Tetrahydrodemethoxydiferuloylmethane, Tetrahydrobisdemethoxydiferuloylmethane, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit/Leaf Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Sorbitol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Oleth-20

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I do not recall having every purchased such a bad product in a long time. I cannot think of any good points for this product with the exception of the nice color. Where do I start? This should be a pigment reduction serum but actually it smells more like a beverage syrup. Extremely sticky and the smell is overpowering. Bad effect for me was that I go break outs. I tried this product a few times over a period of about two months and every single time my skin broke out. Also, It provided no moisturizing effect. Normally I like products from Ole but they really need to think of reformulating this particular one.

I do have very sensitive skin which is prone to breakouts so this is definitely not for me.

I have been using this product for at least three months - at night, after toner application. I have acne scarring and dark pigmentation all over my cheeks and I have not noticed any change whatsoever! I'm pretty disappointed because I have read nothing but great reviews on this product. When you apply it, it's a little sticky but absorbs really quickly and leaves your skin smooth and surprisingly not sticky! But otherwise, I haven't noticed much change at all. This product didn't irritate or cause breakouts. It has a medicinal orange-y smell to it, which quickly dissipates as the product absorbs into your skin.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is just so-so. I used it for a month and it didn't do much. My face felt softer in the mornings, but that was it. I didn't think I gave it enough time so I've been using it every night for 3 months. I wash my face, put this serum on, then a light moisturizer. Still it did nothing. My brown spots are still there, it didn't lightening any of them a bit. I do have sensitive, oily skin and this didn't bother my skin. Waste of time and money. Wouldn't purchase again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Got this for $14.99 at TJ Maxx, have been using for about 3 weeks, and it has softened and smoothed my skin. I have some mild pigmentation from sun exposure, and it's better, but not gone. Package does not make miracle claims, but says "with continued use"....you'll see improvement. First serum I've ever used that doesn't break me out! 1/2 pump is more than enough for cheeks and forehead. It's slightly tacky for a few minutes. When I use it under my Neutrogena moisturizer at night, I wake up in the a.m. with nice, dewy looking skin. No miracle product, but none are! I'd buy again 'cause my skin looks generally better with this.

UPDATE: 9/10/14 My skin tone is more even than it's been in years. I can use more sheer foundation. I feel dewier, prettier, healthier. Just bought another bottle for $19.99 at TJ Maxx.

I am on my second bottle of the Enlighten Me Serum. I use a pea size amount in the morning for my forehead and chin areas, where I have most of my acne scarring, and then I use a dime size amount at night for my entire face. That said, a little goes a long way with this product because it is so viscous and spreads out quickly. I have noticed a difference in my acne scarring, but nothing with my sun spots, which may be something others may want to consider. For me, the change in my acne scars was gradual so that it wasn't until my first bottle was almost empty that I realized that my scars had lightened. And despite the tackiness on the skin until the serum is absorbed, as other reviewers have mentioned, I do love this serum. The orange scent of the product is nice and most importantly, it is working to lighten my dark spots. I would recommend this product and seeing as I am already on my second bottle, would definitely repurchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this serum for hyperpigmentation. I am very prone to sunspots and scarring, and recently had a bout of horrible skin caused by allergies, which left me with brown spots where the irritation was. I tried 8% glycolic acid (Reversa 8% Glycolic Cream) to lighten the spots (made the allergies/irritation worse and my skin looked horrible), Clinique's Even Better serum (made my skin look brighter but did nothing for my spots) and La Roche Posay's Derm AHA serum (was milder than the Reversa but also did nothing other than make me slightly itchy) - nothing worked on the spots and in a lot of the cases it just created more irritation.

When I went to Sephora (just for fun, I said, I'm on a no-buy presently - but of course I ended up with a boatload of stuff) my mom decided to be generous and gift me with the Ole Henriksen serum and a bottle of the Josie Maran Argan Oil. Used in conjunction (argan + serum at night, argan + sunscreen in the morning) it has faded the look of my scars greatly. It smells kind of funny - like citrus redoxon tablets (those vitamin B & C fizzy tabs). The serum is gentle and did not irritate my sensitive skin and actually helped clear up a few new spots (it's not really acne - it's more like an inflammatory spot caused by scratching the allergic parts). I am happy and if in the long run this does not cause any irritation, will continue to use the combination to keep my skin looking even and clear.

One caveat: this is really sticky for the first few minutes after you put it on. I had a lot of random bits (little pieces of lint from towel-drying my face and wiping down with a cotton pad etc.) stuck to my face until it sank in, so make sure your hands & face are as free as possible of lint before you apply. continued >>

I am on my second bottle of Ole Henrikson Enlighten Me. I rarely spend this much on one product, much less do it twice. I started noticing two dark spots on the left side of my face a couple of years ago. I came home from vacation and despite wearing a cap and spf 50 religiously, my two dark spots darkened. I also noticed tiny, faint spots on my hands. I was freaked out. I applied one squirt of this serum every night, then applied the leftovers I had on my fingertip to my hands. The faint spots on my hands disappeared. The two spots on my face have faded significantly. As I start my second bottle, I am optimistic that they will fade further. The smell of the serum was great, citrus-y. It is slightly sticky so I made sure I applied it right before falling asleep - with no chances of anything else but sleep occurring next.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am 31 years old, I always had oily and combination skin with occassional acne. However, since I stop taking my birth control, my skin went crazy on my the last two months. I broke out like teenager and since I have sensitive skin too, I can't use a lot of the products. I was in Sephora one day and just really needed something to help minimze the scars, and my mom loved the truth serum, so I decided to give this serum a try. I absolutely love it. It has been a month now, and I use it twice a day, morning and night. My acne scars are dimished, and there's a faint or hint of a slight pinkness, and majority of it is gone. i am so thankful that this product worked for me, and it didn't break me out at all. I use it after I clean my face, then a moisturizer, and some eye cream and I am good to go. The only thing I don't like is that the pump actually pumps out a lot more, so don't push it down all the way, if not you'll be left with too much serum. I highly recommend this product and I would buy it again.

--------------------------------

Update: I recently switched to Truth Serum by Ole Henricks, and I like that one even better. After using the truth serum for three weeks, my skin is brighter, smoother and my acne scar are almost gone. I absolutely love it, I think the Truth Serum is better than this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this to sort out a couple old acne scars and uneven pigmentation on cheeks. A little goes a long way so it lasts for ever. I use it twice a day and it's only been a few weeks and my scars are much lighter and smaller. the pigmentation on m cheeks is a tiny bit lighter but still there so hopefully in a few more weeks i will see better results. I was told to get the best out of this product I should exfoliate daily and use some sort of a weekly peel. I haven't had any negative reactions to it like break outs or irritation. However, it is a bit oily/watery so use it sparingly and rub in well..

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

well I bought this yesterday at TJ Maxx for 19.99 and used it one night.. it really worked for my dark acne spots on my cheeks.. I have very oily acne prone skin and am very reluctant to try anything new on my face as it usually makes it break out more.. I used it again this morning and will continue to use it to see more results.. I would recommend this to anyone with dark acne spots and I would buy it again in a heart beat.. good stuff!!!!