Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by skin tone : Olive

4.2

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I’m on my 4th or 5th one - have been using it for several years. It is very sheer and more like a stain but the texture is smooth without being greasy. Also it has no smell which is a plus. There’s nothing worse than perfumey lipstick! It is on the pricey side - which is preventing me from having a bunch of them to keep in coat pockets, at work, in the car...

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

If you're reading this to influence your choice to take the plunge and purchase this lipstick, my goal is to make you feel great about spending a little more than most of us are comfortable with for such an item.

I own more lipstick than I care to admit, and I think that's likely because I'm always in search of that ONE that I can't live without. I think this is the one!

Obtaining natural-looking lips is always a challenge, one that seems should not be so hard. Lipstick Queen has done it. This is a beautiful, natural, sheer red tinted lipstick with a medium degree of shine. For me, one coat was hardly noticeable. But with two more swipes I was in love! The ability to easily control the degree of pigment during initial application is a treat.

Also, I think it would be an excellent top coat for a darker pigmented lipstick if desired!

Not for those wanting a traditional lipstick look. But if you're a natural looking kind of person, buy it asap!

For a little longer last, use with Sealed with a Kiss Lipstick Fixator. I'm having great results!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I wanted to love this because of its awesome packaging and concept. It's exactly the kind of look that I like, that sexy bitten lip. Unfortunately, this color really doesn't suit everyone. I suspect it's suited to pale skinned women. I am right in the middle of the skin tone spectrum, olive, with warm undertones and barely pigmented lips. This color barely registered on my lips.. it was so faint and light that it didn't really flatter me. I wanted to love it, though. I give this 5 lippies for packaging.

For darker skinned women, I'd recommend the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in "Passion." I actually bumped this down to 2 Lippies because it's marketed as "the red that anyone can wear" and that's simply not true (common sense tells us that there isn't a single color that everyone can wear, anyway).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Normally, I wouldn't pay so much ($22) for a lip color, but the copy and the packaging sucked me in. Fortunately for me, I find this product to be worth the money. I like a bold red lip, but it can be a bit much for daytime wear and I also find that some pigmented red lip colors tend to fade unevenly, leaving an unpleasant look behind. Since I'm not the type that has a lot of time to constantly check my lipstick, this is a really great product. I find it moisturizing and easy to apply. On me, the color is a sheer rose red. It gives the lips a bright and sexy tint without being over the top and makes me look more polished overall. I think just about every skintone would look great with this color but of course, if your lips are very pigmented, you may not witness much of a payoff. If the price tag doesn't deter you or you manage to find yourself with a sample of this color, definitely give it a try. In spite of the price, I plan on repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

With a lovely texture (it's like a balm but with more pigment), this lipstick is a fantastic choice for when you want some healthy color but don't want to be bothered with extras like lip liner and the rest. The closest comparison would be Fresh's balm in Passion, but unlike that product this one goes one more evenly and precisely because of the formula and the shape of the lipstick (Fresh's stick-shaped balm tends to clump up and setlle into the corners of my mouth, and I find that the product tends to melt very easily in general). Medieval's color is lovely...just a shade softer than the cherry popsicle red of Lipstick Queen's Saint Red sheer lipstick, for example, and more neutral in tone. This is a no-brainer choice for me for anytime wear. The packaging is also of high quality.

I really wanted to like this low pigment lipstick, but it's not for me. It's just WAY too sheer -- the effect after applying is so subtle it's invisible. It's reputed to be buildable, but I didn't find that to be true. The feel of the balm on my lips is a bit uncomfortable, and then to top it off something in the formulation made my lips swell and flake off over the course of the next week in the most unpleasant way. Not what I'm looking for in a beauty product... Gorgeous packaging though, and I'm sure most people won't have the weird reaction to it that I seem to have had.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is what I've always wanted for everyday wear, but was never able to find: a sheer red lip color that looks natural, is comfortable, and lasts a long time. Until now I haven't found a lip color that has met each of those characteristics in one product. I've tried BeneTint, Tarte, LipTini, Bare Escentuals, and the list goes on. The closest I'd come is Fresh Sugar Rose (spf 15), and I've been using it for over a year. I love it, but to be utterly perfect I wanted something with more concentrated pigment. With Fresh, the moisture lasts for hours, but the color doesn't last as long. Medieval is everything I wanted and more. The color is absolutey gorgeous. It can look like "my lips but better", or it can look more dramatic, depending upon how many layers I choose to add. It's extremely moisturizing, (right up there with Fresh), but it is unscented and tasteless. It's so natural-looking, that even up close it's hard to to tell that I have any enhancement on my lips. It's like a very light, soft balm that leaves a soft wash of stain that's visible 6-7 hours after application. It plumps my lips, fills in dryness, and makes my lips look smooth and flawless. Best of all, it doesn't creep off my lips like many other lip colors. I don't need any sort of liner or topper for it. I'd buy this if it came in a brown bag, but, serendipitously, it comes in a beautiful, rich crimson lipstick case that looks classy, yet interesting. The tarot-looking card (it's not a Tarot card) that comes with the lipstick is a fun stimulus for my inner eccentric. The descriptions of the symbolism on Lipstick Queen's website paint a pretty grim picture, but I suppose they're meant to convey the popular philosophies of certain people-groups during Medieval times. The whole idea reminds me of the concepts behind the Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs perfume oils, and I just LOVE it. I'm a complete sucker for artistic quirkiness, so the little cards that come with Lipstick Queen lipstick make me enjoy it even more! It's been said hundreds of times, but I'll say it again: Medieval is an amazing product. It's truly top-notch, and one-of-a-kind. I sincerely believe Poppy King when she says she "listens" so she knows what customers want from their lip products. So many of us have been wearing glosses for years because we were afraid of looking at our reflections in the mirror and seeing our Nanas (sans the blonde wig and drawn-on eyebrows, hopefully). Lipstick Queen lipsticks give me an entirely new and positive view of lipstick, and I'm having a ball learning how many colors I actually can wear!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm surprised at how much I like this.. it has really grown on me! I usually can't wear anything remotely pink since my skin is warm toned. This IS pink, but it doesn't turn fuschia on me. What I love most of all about Medieval is the texture. It just feels so good on my lips - like a really moisturizing lip balm. The staying power is surprisingly good. It leaves behind a nice stain on my totally unpigmented lips long after it has worn off. I liked this much better than benetint or Dr. Pepper Lip smackers.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I love this! They don't deliver to the country where I live so I had to wait a month before I got my hands on it! Anyway, I really like the look of healthy red tinted lips and this gives you just that.

It is scentless and applies smoothly. The intensity can be built up if you apply more than one layer. The red is neutral, no visible warm or cool tones. Lovely. Lasts quite long, too and isn't drying.

The tube is a gorgeous matte red. I feel so posh when I take this out to reapply. I will definitely repurchase!