Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by eye Color : Green

4.5

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this lip color, and I've found that (for me) the best way to apply it is to lightly dab it onto the lips until you build up the shade you want. The first time I applied it, I smeared it all over my lips in a heavy coat and was horrified when it came out looking hot pink and patchy. However, when I dab it onto my lips lightly, it looks lovely; it's hard to describe the color. It's definitely not a true red, or a coral, or a pink; it's kind of a mixture of all three. It's not too bright; it's muted, which is what I prefer in lip colors. It has a very similar texture to Frog Prince--light, balmy, moisturizing, and sheer yet pigmented. However, it doesn't stain your lips like Frog Prince does, so after a few hours you have to reapply. For that reason, I think it's slightly overpriced, but the unique color and formula make it worthwhile for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Lipstick Queen as a brand is kinda hitting it out of the park for me. Their lipstick formula is everything I could want out of a lipstick—in that the ones I've tried feel like lip balm and are not heavily pigmented. I know that's not what everyone wants out of their lipstick, but I'm in love with the ease, comfort, and peace of mind I get out of their lipsticks. Medieval is a very wearable red for someone like me who is afraid of wearing red lipstick.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Some readers here have called this a glorified lip balm, and I would tend to agree. But wow, what a lip balm it is. It does apply so smoothly and feels so luxurious I can't help but love it. A quick swipe and you really don't notice much color, but you do get a nice hit of sheer red as you build it up. I don't think the staying time is very long, but again, with the feel, the beautiful color and the lovely packaging, I love it and happily reapply. And if you apply a few swipes, you do get a more noticeable red, albeit still natural.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I agree with other reviewers that this is really a glorified tinted lipbalm, but I am ok with that. I love how moisturizing it is and that I can put it on without looking. My favorite time to use Medieval is after you have worn a red lipstain for a few hours and you need some moisture on your lips. It fills in any gaps in color nicely. I think the pricepoint is pretty high considering and would really have to think twice about repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so excited to get this lippy. But it didn't quite live up to my expectations. I will say the color is gorgeous on me. I have light/medium warm skin and my lips have slightly more natural pigment than a corpse, Medieval shows up beautifully with several swipes across my lips, and looks like a berry red. I also like the balm like texture and the fact that it has no scent or flavor. Unfortunately, once it wears off, my lips are a bit drier than before. And it wears off very quickly, even with no eating or drinking. Given the many moisturizing ingredients, I was surprised that my lips feel so dry after wearing. So while I do love the color, this is one I won't be purchasing again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

With a lovely texture (it's like a balm but with more pigment), this lipstick is a fantastic choice for when you want some healthy color but don't want to be bothered with extras like lip liner and the rest. The closest comparison would be Fresh's balm in Passion, but unlike that product this one goes one more evenly and precisely because of the formula and the shape of the lipstick (Fresh's stick-shaped balm tends to clump up and setlle into the corners of my mouth, and I find that the product tends to melt very easily in general). Medieval's color is lovely...just a shade softer than the cherry popsicle red of Lipstick Queen's Saint Red sheer lipstick, for example, and more neutral in tone. This is a no-brainer choice for me for anytime wear. The packaging is also of high quality.

I love everything about this lipstick. It is a beautiful, true red that is truly neutral - it doesn't pull pink or orange on me. It is very emmolient and it is my go to when my lips are dried or chapped. It is sheer - I would say the texture is between a balm and a gloss. The packaging is fabulous and the card explains that it is meant to look like Victorian ladies who put colour in their lips by stinging them with lemons. You can apply it lightly and it looks like that. You can apply it over lip liner or a matte red lipstick for more lasting power. Highly recommended.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

If red lipstick tends to turn magenta or fuschia on you, then I am afraid this product will not work. I am one of those people, and even with one or two swipes of this very sheer product, I ended up with magenta lips. ARGH.

I thought it was expensive, considering how much you need to use to get any color going on your lips. It's in a lipstick tube and is shaped like lipstick, but it's definitely sheer. I'd compare its consistency and pigmentation to Colorslicks lip gloss.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This product is amazing. Most moisturizing thing I've put on my lips. It rivals the best lip balms I've used (La Mer and Burts Bees Replenishing). What I adore even more then that is the juicy color this imparts. It lasted a good solid 4 hours on me (even through drinking). It looks like a sheer red with a berry tone to it (My lips are fairly pigmented in a purple/red color already). I love the glow. It's nice to have something without scent/flavor/shimmer for an every day look. I'd like to try layering this with my Burts Bees Rhubarb lippie to see the results! This is going on the list of things I need!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is what I've always wanted for everyday wear, but was never able to find: a sheer red lip color that looks natural, is comfortable, and lasts a long time. Until now I haven't found a lip color that has met each of those characteristics in one product. I've tried BeneTint, Tarte, LipTini, Bare Escentuals, and the list goes on. The closest I'd come is Fresh Sugar Rose (spf 15), and I've been using it for over a year. I love it, but to be utterly perfect I wanted something with more concentrated pigment. With Fresh, the moisture lasts for hours, but the color doesn't last as long. Medieval is everything I wanted and more. The color is absolutey gorgeous. It can look like "my lips but better", or it can look more dramatic, depending upon how many layers I choose to add. It's extremely moisturizing, (right up there with Fresh), but it is unscented and tasteless. It's so natural-looking, that even up close it's hard to to tell that I have any enhancement on my lips. It's like a very light, soft balm that leaves a soft wash of stain that's visible 6-7 hours after application. It plumps my lips, fills in dryness, and makes my lips look smooth and flawless. Best of all, it doesn't creep off my lips like many other lip colors. I don't need any sort of liner or topper for it. I'd buy this if it came in a brown bag, but, serendipitously, it comes in a beautiful, rich crimson lipstick case that looks classy, yet interesting. The tarot-looking card (it's not a Tarot card) that comes with the lipstick is a fun stimulus for my inner eccentric. The descriptions of the symbolism on Lipstick Queen's website paint a pretty grim picture, but I suppose they're meant to convey the popular philosophies of certain people-groups during Medieval times. The whole idea reminds me of the concepts behind the Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs perfume oils, and I just LOVE it. I'm a complete sucker for artistic quirkiness, so the little cards that come with Lipstick Queen lipstick make me enjoy it even more! It's been said hundreds of times, but I'll say it again: Medieval is an amazing product. It's truly top-notch, and one-of-a-kind. I sincerely believe Poppy King when she says she "listens" so she knows what customers want from their lip products. So many of us have been wearing glosses for years because we were afraid of looking at our reflections in the mirror and seeing our Nanas (sans the blonde wig and drawn-on eyebrows, hopefully). Lipstick Queen lipsticks give me an entirely new and positive view of lipstick, and I'm having a ball learning how many colors I actually can wear!